• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals @ Ravens

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is not average you stinking homer. Make it stop.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is not average you stinking homer. Make it stop.

He is above average if you look at his stats.

He is nothing more than normal at best when you break him down per game and look how inconsistant he is.

If he could shore up that inconsistancy and avoid the TO more often, than he would be above average.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is above average if you look at his stats.

He is nothing more than normal at best when you break him down per game and look how inconsistant he is.

If he could shore up that inconsistancy and avoid the TO more often, than he would be above average.

WRONG. His weak ass arm, his lack of any athletic ability at all, and his height make him an absolute BUM in today's NFL. He's terrible and this team will not EVER win anything with him as their starting QB.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he has no sense of pocket awareness

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. We are stuck with this loser for the foreseeable future. It's a shame we are wasting a quality roster with a below average game manager QB. The D lost their two best players in a 3 week span and STILL continue kick ass. Dalton blows and his suckatude continues to hinder this football team. Yet nothing will change.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. We are stuck with this loser for the foreseeable future. It's a shame we are wasting a quality roster with a below average game manager QB. The D lost their two best players in a 3 week span and STILL continue kick ass. Dalton blows and his suckatude continues to hinder this football team. Yet nothing will change.

Last time I checked, game managers don't turn the ball over 3 times a game

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This roster with Josh McCown is a Super Bowl contender. Sad.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets stop blowing smoke up the D's ass..... Flacco is basically the same guy as Dalton. He has a few hot days a season, but if you catch him on one of his shitty weeks, your D will look incredible. We still have some coverage issues and our high priced ends have to get more pressure on the quarterback.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets stop blowing smoke up the D's ass..... Flacco is basically the same guy as Dalton. He has a few hot days a season, but if you catch him on one of his shitty weeks, your D will look incredible. We still have some coverage issues and our high priced ends have to get more pressure on the quarterback.

Michael Johnson hasn't really impressed this season. Dunlap is a beast. I'm not sure what the stats say, though. They could say the total opposite.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams on the schedule have overwhelmed the crappy Ravens O-line.... I would have expected more pressure without blitzes today. Same issue last week against Miami's crappy offensive line.

The D is good and I trust Zimmer will continue to get good effort out of them. Not many units can lose their two best players and move on, but I'd like to see a little more from the ends.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Most teams on the schedule have overwhelmed the crappy Ravens O-line.... I would have expected more pressure without blitzes today. Same issue last week against Miami's crappy offensive line.

The D is good and I trust Zimmer will continue to get good effort out of them. Not many units can lose their two best players and move on, but I'd like to see a little more from the ends.

While I share your concern for the lack of pressure, the defense still held them scoreless in the 2nd half. Their 2 TD's in the first half came off turnovers. One TD the Ravens started on their own 47 and the other they started on the BENGALS 11.

So, regardless of the lack of pressure, the defense did their job and deserve all the praise they're getting.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I share your concern for the lack of pressure, the defense still held them scoreless in the 2nd half. Their 2 TD's in the first half came off turnovers. One TD the Ravens started on their own 47 and the other they started on the BENGALS 11.

So, regardless of the lack of pressure, the defense did their job and deserve all the praise they're getting.

You can say the defense did their job because the results say they did their job.... Low yards, no second half points, etc.

That doesn't mean you can't be concerned about their performance. And it doesn't mean that their weaknesses won't be exposed by a better qb.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW -- This is hysterically hypocritical coming from you. When the Bengals offense went on a mini-run last season, you couldn't shut up about the competition they were facing.... You said the same thing over and over again about Sanu's performance, Dalton's performance, our center's performance, etc..... At the end of the day, weren't they simply doing their job and deserving of all the praise?

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked, game managers don't turn the ball over 3 times a game

Obviously not. Shows you he can't even do that right. Dalton is only good when everything is rythmical. The drop back has to be timely, the protection has to be perfect, and the receivers have to be open(sometimes this doesn't even help) Anytime he is asked to change all that up, he implodes like a condemned building.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW -- This is hysterically hypocritical coming from you. When the Bengals offense went on a mini-run last season, you couldn't shut up about the competition they were facing.... You said the same thing over and over again about Sanu's performance, Dalton's performance, our center's performance, etc..... At the end of the day, weren't they simply doing their job and deserving of all the praise?

Actually, it isn't at all. Why? Because the defense has been consistently great ALL YEAR. And they were no different today. They lost Hall a few weeks ago, but haven't lost a step. I won't even mention Maualuga, even though he's been better this season. And they lost Atkins last week, yet haven't shown that they've lost a step. They've proven themselves time and time again; so, until they start looking like crap against good or bad competition, they get the benefit of the doubt. Zimmer has done a tremendous job.

The offense last season on the other hand did not look at any other point of the season anything close to what they did on that mini-run, so no, they get ZERO benefit of the doubt. They had to prove it, and they didn't. And go figure, it came at absolutely no surprise - to me at least - that it was fool's gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously not. Shows you he can't even do that right. Dalton is only good when everything is rythmical. The drop back has to be timely, the protection has to be perfect, and the receivers have to be open(sometimes this doesn't even help) Anytime he is asked to change all that up, he implodes like a condemned building.

Dalton is not good under pressure. This has been well documented before. Word is well around on that, and I'm sure our upcoming opponents will all conspire to get in his face often. He'll either improve under pressure, or he is not going to make it. During the three week run of success he was pretty well protected, and his downfield accuracy improved. The division opponents are going to bring pressure, including the Browns next week. He's going to have to play better or we will lose another one next week.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it isn't at all. Why? Because the defense has been consistently great ALL YEAR. And they were no different today. They lost Hall a few weeks ago, but haven't lost a step. I won't even mention Maualuga, even though he's been better this season. And they lost Atkins last week, yet haven't shown that they've lost a step. They've proven themselves time and time again; so, until they start looking like crap against good or bad competition, they get the benefit of the doubt. Zimmer has done a tremendous job.

The offense last season on the other hand did not look at any other point of the season anything close to what they did on that mini-run, so no, they get ZERO benefit of the doubt. They had to prove it, and they didn't. And go figure, it came at absolutely no surprise - to me at least - that it was fool's gold.

Bullshit. There is plenty of reason to be concerned with the Bengal D. They have not been consistently good ALL YEAR. They blew a two touchdown lead against a FA rookie QB in Buffalo..... They were absolutely shredded on third down against Detroit. They had a miracle fumble recovery against the Pack and an even bigger miracle monsoon against the Pats in the last minutes of the game. They were gashed by an underwhelming Miami run game and they allowed two teams to march down inside their 40 on the first drives in overtime.

But sure Rey.... They've been consistently great ALL YEAR.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bullshit. There is plenty of reason to be concerned with the Bengal D. They have not been consistently good ALL YEAR. They blew a two touchdown lead against a FA rookie QB in Buffalo..... They were absolutely shredded on third down against Detroit. They had a miracle fumble recovery against the Pack and an even bigger miracle monsoon against the Pats in the last minutes of the game. They were gashed by an underwhelming Miami run game and they allowed two teams to march down inside their 40 on the first drives in overtime.

But sure Rey.... They've been consistently great ALL YEAR.

Every team is going to give up drives. Every team does it. Every defense does it.

I really don't care what kind of miracle they saw against the Pats. They held them to 6 points. Had NE come back and won that, no way you can put that on the defense. Same with most of the other games. Detroit has made many defenses look foolish. The packers do the same. Bottom line, the defense has found ways to flat out get it done.

And I've already said there are reasons to be concerned about the defense. But don't deflect. The offense's 4 game run last season has no correlation to the defense as it stands now. Nor does my giving the benefit to the defense have any correlation to not giving it to the offense last season.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is not good under pressure. This has been well documented before. Word is well around on that, and I'm sure our upcoming opponents will all conspire to get in his face often. He'll either improve under pressure, or he is not going to make it. During the three week run of success he was pretty well protected, and his downfield accuracy improved. The division opponents are going to bring pressure, including the Browns next week. He's going to have to play better or we will lose another one next week.

I watched Alabama/LSU last night, and came away really impressed with the LSU quarterback, Zach Mettenberger. Sure, Alabama dominated the second half and won easily. But Mettenberger has a great arm and can make all the throws. Also, 'bama brought pressure constantly, and Mettenberger stood tall in the pocket and threw accurately downfield, often hit just after letting it go. This is something I have yet to see Dalton do.