• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Oline Coach Should be Fired

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Alexander is an average Oline coach at best.....I wish we would go after Gibbs or Mudd in Philly and see if we could lure them away......

Interior Line needs an overhaul ASAP!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Sunday was embarrassing. The Ravens played cover 2 almost the entire game because they knew we couldn't run it against their front seven. They rarely play as conservative as they did on Sunday - They knew we couldn't sustain drives on the ground. It's that easy at this point.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alexander is an average Oline coach at best.....I wish we would go after Gibbs or Mudd in Philly and see if we could lure them away......

I would have liked to have seen Zimmer take over as HC aftert this season, with Gruden as OC and Spagnuolo as DC. But, I had not realized Marvin had a two year extension last year, as this pretty much seals our fate we are losing Zimmer with as many HC that were fired and goign to be fired still.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Sunday was embarrassing. The Ravens played cover 2 almost the entire game because they knew we couldn't run it against their front seven. They rarely play as conservative as they did on Sunday - They knew we couldn't sustain drives on the ground. It's that easy at this point.

I think it has a lot to do with how shitty our OL is talent wise, not the coaching of it. However, I think one part of the coaching affecting it is Gruden's vanilla blocking scheme in his playbook. Our guards are just so bad, it is making our tackles and centers poor because they have to watch to see what the guy beside them does to determine if they have to block their assignment as well.

Our guards are just piss poor.

We need to sign a quality guard in FA, a guy who is fringe pro-bowl caliber...a guy who has maybe never made it, but has been considered a alternate before (if any of those guys are available, and a guard or tackle in the first round.

If we have a chance at a top tackle, but not a top guard, then draft the tackle, and move Whitworth back to LG to strengthen the interior of that line.

If Richardson is there at #17 though, we have to draft him, as he is the Bengals RB for the next 10+ years and is perfect for the AFC North type of football.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Ben can take Richardson down to Milledgeville, GA for his next visit..... That might drop Richardson to 17th. Allegedly.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never cared for Alexander, though it may not be his fault....the guy he replaced, Jim McNally, oversaw the best OL's this franchise ever had.....

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need David DeCastro like nobody's business...