• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals have the 17th and 21st pick

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Reedy @joereedy 12h

It's now official -- #bengals pick 17th and 21st in the first round

This was posted after the Broncos beat the Steelers yesterday. Had Pittsburgh won, we would have had the 22nd pick.

Thank ya Tebow.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're smart we'll take care of some of the gaping holes thru FA and then package those 2 picks to move up and get a stud.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're smart we'll take care of some of the gaping holes thru FA and then package those 2 picks to move up and get a stud.

yep. we can't win this division and make a run at the SB without upgrading in multiple areas.

free agency will be something we'll have to be involved in this season.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see them address the interior offensive line and safety position in FA. If we were even getting average play out of those positions we would be much better.

That's not to say I don't want to invest draft picks on the line or d-backfield -- Just that we need upgrades that can play next season.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a o-line and some running backs..period! Anyway morning all!:peace:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see who lands out there in F/A

Primary concerns have to be:

Guard. At least one via F/A would be great.

RB. Either draft or F/A.

#2 WR, preferably via F/A.

Depth at CB

Safety

after that, depth along the DL and LB are also needed.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It will be interesting to see who lands out there in F/A

Primary concerns have to be:

Guard. At least one via F/A would be great.

RB. Either draft or F/A.

#2 WR, preferably via F/A.

Depth at CB

Safety

after that, depth along the DL and LB are also needed.

Agreed, except at CB. We need a starter with some speed. Even with Hall healthy, we were susceptible to deep balls because neither he, nor Clements can stay with those guys.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
C'mon dudes...we all know that the Bengals are not getting anybody via FA. They might 'kick some tires' but when the dust settles they'll end up keeping their own and signing a few guys that other teams had the chance to sign and passed. Any significant upgrades will need to come through the draft. Gimme a first 3 picks of

17. David DeCastro OG Stanford
21. Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
2nd round. Bacarri Rambo -Safety Georgia

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon dudes...we all know that the Bengals are not getting anybody via FA. They might 'kick some tires' but when the dust settles they'll end up keeping their own and signing a few guys that other teams had the chance to sign and passed. Any significant upgrades will need to come through the draft. Gimme a first 3 picks of

17. David DeCastro OG Stanford
21. Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
2nd round. Bacarri Rambo -Safety Georgia

They'll be forced to get players thru FA. Isn't the 2012 season 90% forced spent, 2013 99%? If not spent the money gets spread out to the entire roster as a bonus?

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they draft an OG in the 1st I'll be happy. They need some new blood at CB, no doubt. However I see the 3 biggest needs on this team as #1. LG #2. RG #3. SS.

I think that Hall (if he comes back healthy) Jones and Clements are serviceable. It's no JJ + Hall...but it's better than the combonation of Livings + McGLynn on the interior O-line

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They'll be forced to get players thru FA. Isn't the 2012 season 90% forced spent, 2013 99%? If not spent the money gets spread out to the entire roster as a bonus?

I dont think that kicks in this year. Somebody else might know. But the fact of the matter is that guys like Nicks will be pursued heavily right from the jump. Assuming that the money is equal no way that a sought after guy would choose Cinci..plus I have a hard time seeing them being aggresive. They're more of a wait and see team in FA. I could see them adding one decent player. I'd be happy with a Micheal Griffith or Manningham. I think that's about all we can expect though. Carl Nicks is a great idea but we all know that he's not coming here.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with that, but with Clements another year older, and Jones just not looking very good, I want a CB somewhere.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with that, but with Clements another year older, and Jones just not looking very good, I want a CB somewhere.

I love Casey Heyward outta vandy. I'd take him in the 3rd..so

1. DeCastro OG
1B. Glenn OG
2. Rambo SS
3. Heyward CB
4. D. Martin RB Boise or Pead RB UC

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Hall not being that great to begin with AND coming off a severe injury AND a year older. The secondary pretty much is in shambles.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, the money gets spread out to the entire roster as a bonus?

I completely expect the Bengals to sign a player named "Brown" who can't even hold a football to an arbitrary position like "emergency backup non QB clipboard holder, long snapper and holder"

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to take care of OG (all-pro type of OG) in FA, sign another OG who is average ini FA, and then spend pick 17 on CB, pick 21 on S.

Also, sign a decent RB in FA. Resign Adam Jones to be a 4th CB.

(Hall, Clements, 17th pick, Jones)
(Nelson, 21st pick, Wilson, Sands, Miles)

With our 2nd round pick, I would like to see us get either a RB or DE since Geathers is looking old for 28, since Dunlap can't stay healthy, and Michael Johnson is a platoon player. Also, should be a decent RB available here also.

3rd round pick, I would like to see us go LB or DE. If DE was not selected in 2nd round.

Either resign Simpson, or go get an above average WR wth veteran leadership in FA to play opposite AJ Green (deep threat) so we can play Shipley, Hawkins, Whalen underneath.

Keep Pressley and all our TE's.

Make Rivers a backup, and resign Howard and Lawson.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And Hall not being that great to begin with AND coming off a severe injury AND a year older. The secondary pretty much is in shambles.

The O-line is in worse shape, though. If the secondary is in shambles I guess you'd say that the interior O-line is FUBAR...and yeah, I'd love to sign a all pro OG in FA like Nicks or Grubbs and be able to go elsewhere in the 1st but just see the likliehood of that happening as very, very slim. Until they actually sign somebody I'm counting on all signficant upgrades as needing to come through the draft.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line is in worse shape, though. If the secondary is in shambles I guess you'd say that the interior O-line is FUBAR...and yeah, I'd love to sign a all pro OG in FA like Nicks or Grubbs and be able to go elsewhere in the 1st but just see the likliehood of that happening as very, very slim. Until they actually sign somebody I'm counting on all signficant upgrades as needing to come through the draft.

We almost signed Warren Sapp once!

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way the Bengals will grab 2 guards in the first round. Not a chance lance! Thinking it could be RB / OG or RB / Safety or OG / Safety.