• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Watson tore his Achilles

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crushing for Baltimore

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These skill position players on Baltimore must be made of balsa wood.

Always seems to be an Achilles for them. Not sure if that is something they need to look at when the strength and conditioning trainers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cue up last years posts about injuries and excsuses for 5 win seasons.
Maybe Harbaugh can protest and get the rule changed. If they were allowed to wear pads during all OTAs this would never have happened:doh:

Almost forgot, Free Flacco (he's elite damn it)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like this matters... He was a unnecessary signing anyways. Their TE depth is outrageous. They still have Pitta, Gilmore & Maxx Williams. All 3 could start on just about any team. Not sure what Pitta's health is like though. Been a while since he's seen the field.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Harbaugh can protest and get the rule changed. If they were allowed to wear pads during all OTAs this would never have happened:doh:

Yeah because we all know how the NFL makes rules to ensure players stay healthy...

HITTING PASSER’S KNEE (5) A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. :D

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like this matters... He was a unnecessary signing anyways. Their TE depth is outrageous. They still have Pitta, Gilmore & Maxx Williams. All 3 could start on just about any team. Not sure what Pitta's health is like though. Been a while since he's seen the field.

He was signed as insurance in case Pitta couldn't make it back to the field, but Pitta did and injured a finger in a fight with rookie Correa about 10 days ago, he'll be ready for the opener....
Looks like the Saints knew what they were doing when they cut Watson, no one touched him and he tore his achilles, he's done.....Dixon has a knee sprain because he was fighting a crowd trying to get in the end zone and got his leg bent awkward by Gnata, nothing to do with training....I do think that's why we went to real grass this yr, so they have explored the reason for all the injuries last yr.....
I think it was just a freak thing, and Watson was mainly here for vet leadership and red zone presence.....
We managed 30 points without him last night, so not too concerned....I don't really know why, but I just didn't like the guy for some reason....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was signed as insurance in case Pitta couldn't make it back to the field, but Pitta did and injured a finger in a fight with rookie Correa about 10 days ago, he'll be ready for the opener....
Looks like the Saints knew what they were doing when they cut Watson, no one touched him and he tore his achilles, he's done.....Dixon has a knee sprain because he was fighting a crowd trying to get in the end zone and got his leg bent awkward by Gnata, nothing to do with training....I do think that's why we went to real grass this yr, so they have explored the reason for all the injuries last yr.....
I think it was just a freak thing, and Watson was mainly here for vet leadership and red zone presence.....
We managed 30 points without him last night, so not too concerned....I don't really know why, but I just didn't like the guy for some reason....
Who do you think will win the starting TE gigs? Pitta & Gillmore?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Watson was good, I think he is a little long in the tooth now.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does matter, but it could be worse.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Watson was good, I think he is a little long in the tooth now.
Kind of what I was wondering. Is Pitta hurt yet?

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cue up last years posts about injuries and excsuses for 5 win seasons.

Almost forgot, Free Flacco (he's elite damn it)

I don't recall there being any posts using injuries as an excuse? But please continue on with your trolling.
:kermit:

P.S.
I'd rather protest and have a rule changed than to blatantly ignore it and have to deal with the whole planet putting an asterisk next to my QB & my team for the remainder of creation. But that's just me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's not the '70s anymore," Harbaugh said after the Ravens' 30-9 win over theDetroit Lions. "These guys playing in these games -- it's tough -- and they're not meaningful games. They are important to get better, and they improve us. But we football coaches can find ways to get our guys ready and get our players evaluated without the kind of risk that a game necessarily entails.

"I'm really hopeful that the union and the league can get together and do something that's good for everybody -- especially what's good for the players and for the fans."

Who ever player was doing the game last night said players Don't play ENOUGH during pre season games hence the injuries.. I'm leaning towards agreeing with him on this

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a blow at that position because of the depth already mentioned, but the FO doesn't trust Pitta to stay healthy all season...bottom line.

Good to heat the Ravens went to a grass field...maybe the Steelers will fell more at home there now...lol.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are four other TEs on that team. I don't think Watson is all that. Flacco has Smith, Aiken, and Wallace to throw to.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are four other TEs on that team. I don't think Watson is all that. Flacco has Smith, Aiken, and Wallace to throw to.

One is suspended for 10 games and the other 3 all have health questions. You are correct though...as far as season ending injuries go, it could be much worse.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is suspended for 10 games and the other 3 all have health questions. You are correct though...as far as season ending injuries go, it could be much worse.

Aiken is a good young player...this has to be his year to go over 1k...Smith Sr cannot be the leading WR this season and the Ravens go over 9 wins.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiken is a good young player...this has to be his year to go over 1k...Smith Sr cannot be the leading WR this season and the Ravens go over 9 wins.

My hope is that Sr is a 3rd down only WR.