• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree that Simmons is the one that wants out and initiated it. But I think it is Klutch that is doing all the leaking to push the issue.

Honestly what Klutch SHOULD be doing is talking some sense in Simmons. He set an NBA record for worst free throw % in the playoffs, minimum 50 attempts. And rather than take ANY ownership of that, he's having a public hissy fit. How does he think that will improve his image or his situation?

He just wants out since doc didn’t retract anything after the playoffs

Morey didn’t make him do it either

This is a disaster for everyone though

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trust the process murf meyer GIF by truTV’s The Chris Gethard Show
philadelphia 76ers india GIF by NBA
trust the process GIF by New Amsterdam

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be open to it if they took Harris bad contract in the deal and gave the Sixers Christian Wood. If that’s not on the table, I’d rather take the Hield/Halliburton deal or the Wiggins Wiseman deal. Shit, I hate the Wall contract so much I’d actually take the Love deal or the Russell deal over that and I’ve been openly critical of both of those potential deals. Fuck the Rockets unless they want to pay a price for making them take the Wall deal.

Of course the irony is that the Sixers had Christian Wood. He tore it up in summer league for Philly years back. But they had drafted Noel and Okafor, and didn't think they needed another big.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well certainly Simmons is part of the problem. But Klutch has been pushing the boundaries for a few years. Given that they, briefly, tried to bring Tyrese Maxey into this crap before they realize that they were going too far, I have a hard time not seeing Rich Paul's fingerprints all over this.

I'm sure they want this over with as soon as possible. Because that would be viewed as a huge win for them. But, at some point, the league is going to get tired of their shit. Maybe this won't be the time and the Sixers will cave because they won't want the distraction. But unless they can get a package from a team that, at the very least, keeps them at the same level this season, what is the upside?

Seriously, why in the world would they trade for John Wall, for example? He can't shoot and isn't nearly as explosive as he was a few years ago. The Sixers would be trading for a more expensive less capable and considerably older player. It makes no sense.

It's been widely reported that Paul has beef with Morey at this point. It's a personal thing in addition to being a Simmons thing. Not good for either one IMO.

I do think Morey overplayed his hand, and now Paul is overplaying his hand. Neither is going to get a win here, it is a dick swinging contest.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been widely reported that Paul has beef with Morey at this point. It's a personal thing in addition to being a Simmons thing. Not good for either one IMO.

I do think Morey overplayed his hand, and now Paul is overplaying his hand. Neither is going to get a win here, it is a dick swinging contest.

This. Right there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had no idea that Rich Paul had beef with Morey.

Shit, that means it's personal for everyone involved.

That can't be good.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think doc abs Morey not being on the same page here either.

You can’t say that publicly about your guy either way.

It pisses him off and it hurts his trade value

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don’t think he said a word that people in the know weren’t already aware of.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doc definitely fucked up. But at the same time, Simmons stomping off and pouting is a pretty bad response.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc definitely fucked up. But at the same time, Simmons stomping off and pouting is a pretty bad response.
Yeah. No argument there

But it doesn’t sound like the sixers made much of an attempt to smooth it over until Simmons wanted out, and even then it was more about just rehabbing trade value than actually mending fences

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean his coach and the best player on the team threw him under the bus and ran him over.
At some point you have to move on, can you imagine how much of a source of frustration it has been all these years? Enough is enough already.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point you have to move on, can you imagine how much of a source of frustration it has been all these years? Enough is enough already.

I agree. A change of scenery may be best. All the practice Ben does in the summer on jump shots during the last 2-3 summers to only have him never attempt those during the season is a failure on both Ben and the Sixers coaching staff IMO

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. A change of scenery may be best. All the practice Ben does in the summer on jump shots during the last 2-3 summers to only have him never attempt those during the season is a failure on both Ben and the Sixers coaching staff IMO

I put the majority of the blame on Ben. The coaches can't force him to shoot. Because he's so good in pretty much every other aspect of the game, they can't really use not playing him because they'd be hurting their chances to win.

On another note: How pissed are Philly fans going to be when he ends up in Miami or someplace, starts hitting some outside shots and shoots 70% from the free throw line? lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the majority of the blame on Ben. The coaches can't force him to shoot. Because he's so good in pretty much every other aspect of the game, they can't really use not playing him because they'd be hurting their chances to win.

On another note: How pissed are Philly fans going to be when he ends up in Miami or someplace, starts hitting some outside shots and shoots 70% from the free throw line? lol

He goes to SA with their shooting wizard and he’ll become freaking Lebron.

Look what dude did for kawhi and his slingshot jumper

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He goes to SA with their shooting wizard and he’ll become freaking Lebron.

Look what dude did for kawhi and his slingshot jumper

Ben going to San Antonio would be very bad for the rest of the league, sooooo let's not be putting that out into the universe, mmmkay?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with Stephen A. on too many things...but on this I definitely do.

I haven't followed this episode too much since the season ended, but I wonder what Doc Rivers thinks about this major distraction with the new season opener less than a month away?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben going to San Antonio would be very bad for the rest of the league, sooooo let's not be putting that out into the universe, mmmkay?

Totally disastrous. Agreed