• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bellator 149: Gracie vs. Shamrock...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what made me ever sicker...Watching Bellator's event last night, they kept talking about how wonderful and "historic" the event last week was...Are they kidding??? They apparently had an interview with Royce Gracie talking about the fight but I either fell asleep or FF through his interview...Historic??? as in historically Bad???

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what made me ever sicker...Watching Bellator's event last night, they kept talking about how wonderful and "historic" the event last week was...Are they kidding??? They apparently had an interview with Royce Gracie talking about the fight but I either fell asleep or FF through his interview...Historic??? as in historically Bad???
Ratings were great... everyone loves to watch a good train wreck.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings were great... everyone loves to watch a good train wreck.

I suppose you're right, though I think the people tuning in were looking for a blast from the past, which I guess they kinda did get :suds:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose you're right, though I think the people tuning in were looking for a blast from the past, which I guess they kinda did get :suds:
All actual MMA fans understand what Bellator is... I don't think anyone really was surprised it was a clown show... Every Kimbo fight is shit.. he hasn't had one good one as a professional.. he loses like shit and wins like shit... And... when your card is headlined by two guys where are both around 50... I don't know how anyone could be dumb enough to think they were going to see a a legit fight... Every MMA event on Spike TV is likely going to be sub par garbage.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All actual MMA fans understand what Bellator is... I don't think anyone really was surprised it was a clown show... Every Kimbo fight is shit.. he hasn't had one good one as a professional.. he loses like shit and wins like shit... And... when your card is headlined by two guys where are both around 50... I don't know how anyone could be dumb enough to think they were going to see a a legit fight... Every MMA event on Spike TV is likely going to be sub par garbage.

To be fair, there have been a FEW good Bellator fights, but not many lol :suds:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, there have been a FEW good Bellator fights, but not many lol
less than 20% of the fights Bellator put on are actually decent to watch... The majority of their roster is filled with shitty fighters that either are not trained well or are past their prime.

Anyone that wants to see old ass Tito Ortiz or Cheik Kongo fight has more brain damage than Chuck Lidell does. Seriously... Cheik Kongo sucked 10 years ago... He is 40 now... Why anyone would want to watch him as a lesser version of his shitty self is beyond me.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of the night was when a drunk Mike Tyson was helping announce a fight and blasted off these gems....

"which way did he go... which way did he go... silly rabbit"
and
"He wants to get mount so he can tee off… On his dome piece"

classic lines... Bellator should hand Tyson the mic every fight with a bottle of booze and let him call it all by himself... especially if they are going to continue to allow clown shows like last night.

Tyson has a pretty good sense of humor imo.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
less than 20% of the fights Bellator put on are actually decent to watch... The majority of their roster is filled with shitty fighters that either are not trained well or are past their prime.

Anyone that wants to see old ass Tito Ortiz or Cheik Kongo fight has more brain damage than Chuck Lidell does. Seriously... Cheik Kongo sucked 10 years ago... He is 40 now... Why anyone would want to watch him as a lesser version of his shitty self is beyond me.

I have to agree...Since Strikeforce was bought out, there really has been a struggle to fill the void of a UFC "minor league"...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson has a pretty good sense of humor imo.
He is a happy drunk I guess... He wasn't even close to sober. Putting him on TV like that just added to the circus.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just awful. Kimbo/Dada looked like a couple of geriatric men fighting over soup at a nursing home. Gracie/Shamrock was a fight between two guys over the hill and it was decided by a missed nut shot.

If this is the best Bellator can offer, they should just fold the fucking tents. Embarrassingly bad.

I was totally unaware you were an MMA fan. Never saw you on the live fight blogs when we were all on FN. I learned something tonight.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree...Since Strikeforce was bought out, there really has been a struggle to fill the void of a UFC "minor league"...
Bellator isn't a minor league... Its mostly past their prime turds that can still sell a card because of their name, but can't compete at an elite level anymore. They have very few actual legit young fighters.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, the same ol men from UFC 1

But yeah, I'm seeing a couple sites recommending Kimbo Vs. Rampage which I always wanted to see.....until I saw what happened last night...now I'm not so sure.

That would be action packed striking for 2-3 minutes....or however long it would last.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellator isn't a minor league... Its mostly past their prime turds that can still sell a card because of their name, but can't compete at an elite level anymore. They have very few actual legit young fighters.

That's how Bellator started and I had no problem with it...But now? They should be WAY beyond that and SHOULD be a minor league of the UFC. The fact they have a roster of mostly older fighters at this point is suicide for their promotion.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Bellator is being passed up by WSOF and soon even organizations like Legacy. They have sold out trying to make a quick buck off anyone who has ever had any kind of name recognition instead of promoting actual up and coming fighters. They are a joke promotion

Kind of like SY Fy featuring washed up and has been actors in their made for TV movies...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I had no problem with it in the beginning, but it's a terrible philosophy now. There's actually a huge opportunity for them to take away a ton of the UFC's top fighters without paying them any more money because of the Reebok deal. Many of the UFC's top fighters make low 6 figures or less from fighting, and they've all lost a huge amount of endorsement money, some losing hundreds of thousands per year. Bellator could partner with those sponsors, get them the same fighters back for say 75% of what they were making, (with Bellator pulling in an extra 10% for their trouble) and the sponsors, fighters, and promotion would all thrive

Exactly.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be action packed striking for 2-3 minutes....or however long it would last.
There is no way that Kimbo would last more than 2-3 minutes with a legit MMA fighter.. Rampage would beat that old fuck like a the bum he is.