• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bellator 149: Gracie vs. Shamrock...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else watch this joke of a fight? How about Kimbo Slice vs. Dada 5000? That fight was an even BIGGER joke!!!

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just awful. Kimbo/Dada looked like a couple of geriatric men fighting over soup at a nursing home. Gracie/Shamrock was a fight between two guys over the hill and it was decided by a missed nut shot.

If this is the best Bellator can offer, they should just fold the fucking tents. Embarrassingly bad.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just awful. Kimbo/Dada looked like a couple of geriatric men fighting over soup at a nursing home. Gracie/Shamrock was a fight between two guys over the hill and it was decided by a missed nut shot.

If this is the best Bellator can offer, they should just fold the fucking tents. Embarrassingly bad.
The best part of the night was when a drunk Mike Tyson was helping announce a fight and blasted off these gems....

"which way did he go... which way did he go... silly rabbit"
and
"He wants to get mount so he can tee off… On his dome piece"

classic lines... Bellator should hand Tyson the mic every fight with a bottle of booze and let him call it all by himself... especially if they are going to continue to allow clown shows like last night.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of the night was when a drunk Mike Tyson was helping announce a fight and blasted off these gems....

"which way did he go... which way did he go... silly rabbit"
and
"He wants to get mount so he can tee off… On his dome piece"

classic lines... Bellator should hand Tyson the mic every fight with a bottle of booze and let him call it all by himself... especially if they are going to continue to allow clown shows like last night.

I forgot about Tyson. He was feeling no pain.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did anyone think the kimbo/dada5000 fight was going to be any different... really... its two 40 yr old men that never at any point were legit MMA fighters... Kimbo sucks so bad that Bellator had to go find a bum off the street to fight him because all the other heavy weights they have would destroy him in 30 seconds.

DaDa5000 apparently almost died after the fight because his fat ass was so exhausted.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was going to be a thread from 10 years ago based on the name.

Are these new Shamrock vs Gracie fights as in younger versions? If not, omfg....

jessewrose

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was going to be a thread from 10 years ago based on the name.

Are these new Shamrock vs Gracie fights as in younger versions? If not, omfg....

No sir, the same ol men from UFC 1

But yeah, I'm seeing a couple sites recommending Kimbo Vs. Rampage which I always wanted to see.....until I saw what happened last night...now I'm not so sure.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellator's need to put on freak shows nearly got a man killed.

Let that sink in.

Overall, this card set back MMA by a decade.

jessewrose

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellator's need to put on freak shows nearly got a man killed.

Let that sink in.

Overall, this card set back MMA by a decade.

Well I wouldn't say that...I mean everyone knows the UFC is the only premier fight destination anyways and they had nothing to do with this. But your first point is totally correct, and its a very ugly truth.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should just shut Bellator down. No one should give them licenses to fight.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But yeah, I'm seeing a couple sites recommending Kimbo Vs. Rampage which I always wanted to see.....until I saw what happened last night...now I'm not so sure.
Rampage would destroy that bum. It would be criminal to put those two in the same octagon.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should just shut Bellator down. No one should give them licenses to fight.

With events like this, you're right on the money. Was SO embarrassing watching these fights...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Bellator is being passed up by WSOF and soon even organizations like Legacy. They have sold out trying to make a quick buck off anyone who has ever had any kind of name recognition instead of promoting actual up and coming fighters. They are a joke promotion

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Bellator is being passed up by WSOF and soon even organizations like Legacy. They have sold out trying to make a quick buck off anyone who has ever had any kind of name recognition instead of promoting actual up and coming fighters. They are a joke promotion

In the beginning, Bellator used the aging starts to bring some attention to their new promotion which made sense. But NOW they're way past that point and yet they're STILL doing the same crap. So yes, the faster they're passed up, the better...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the beginning, Bellator used the aging starts to bring some attention to their new promotion which made sense. But NOW they're way past that point and yet they're STILL doing the same crap. So yes, the faster they're passed up, the better...
Yep, I had no problem with it in the beginning, but it's a terrible philosophy now. There's actually a huge opportunity for them to take away a ton of the UFC's top fighters without paying them any more money because of the Reebok deal. Many of the UFC's top fighters make low 6 figures or less from fighting, and they've all lost a huge amount of endorsement money, some losing hundreds of thousands per year. Bellator could partner with those sponsors, get them the same fighters back for say 75% of what they were making, (with Bellator pulling in an extra 10% for their trouble) and the sponsors, fighters, and promotion would all thrive

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rampage would kill him. Kimbo want's none of that.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the first Bellator promotion I've caught.

And knowing that actual good fighters, Josh Thompson, Benson Henderson, have gone there.... Saddens me.
Get out Smooth, while you still have some pride.