• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belichick as a witness?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Reads to me as if you're at least somewhat hoping that Hernandez is found not guilty. Is that right?

How did you come up with that?

I'm not reading it that way. He's stating what I believe are facts from what we have available to us via the media. The prosecution has an uphill battle. I do not doubt he's guilty. It just doesn't appear from the outside looking in though that the prosecution has a good case.

My take as well. Hernandez is a POS and I believe he is a murderer, but you have to prove it in a court of law and the prosecution doesn't appear to have any solid evidence. No jury is going to convict a man of 1st degree murder based on circumstantial evidence and the testimony of felons.

I think he's guilty on all counts but the prosecution doesn't seem to have good enough evidence. I don't recall what they are trying him on. If it's first degree murder then circumstantial is not going to win the case for the prosecution and most evidence I've read about is circumstantial. They probably have enough for a lower offense. It will just be priceless if BB takes the stand. The ratings will be off the charts.

No gun, no credible witnesses and no forensics to back up their charges :noidea:. The prosecution will be lucky to get a manslaughter conviction unless they are holding something back.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you come up with that?

My take as well. Hernandez is a POS and I believe he is a murderer, but you have to prove it in a court of law and the prosecution doesn't appear to have any solid evidence. No jury is going to convict a man of 1st degree murder based on circumstantial evidence and the testimony of felons.

No gun, no credible witnesses and no forensics to back up their charges :noidea:. The prosecution will be lucky to get a manslaughter conviction unless they are holding something back.

never good for the prosecution when witnesses start dieing off. :noidea:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't, for the life of me, understand why the AG is letting info leak out to the media. There was a little jingle this week that they plan to introduce Hernandez's drug dealings. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it sounds like he is/was a drug dealer. Or does it mean that he played with drugs? Or are they going to try to tie him and Odin Lloyd to drugs? Nothing like making your victim look like a POS if they're going to introduce any of his drug dealings.

I'm not a legal expert, but I've been around long enough and watched enough CourTV and televised trials to know, that attempting to convict someone in the press before a trial always comes back to bite the prosecution in the ass.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't, for the life of me, understand why the AG is letting info leak out to the media. There was a little jingle this week that they plan to introduce Hernandez's drug dealings. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it sounds like he is/was a drug dealer. Or does it mean that he played with drugs? Or are they going to try to tie him and Odin Lloyd to drugs? Nothing like making your victim look like a POS if they're going to introduce any of his drug dealings.

I'm not a legal expert, but I've been around long enough and watched enough CourTV and televised trials to know, that attempting to convict someone in the press before a trial always comes back to bite the prosecution in the ass.
It's a desperation move by a desperate prosecutor. He/she is attempting to taint the jury pool because they know that they have shit for evidence.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to be on the witness stand. I don't think Belichick will be able to get away with the same routine there. But it would be fun to see him try! :)

I must have said this elsewhere but I was in a trial where Kraft was getting sued and he was certainly questioned. People don't like being questioned and millionaire used to having their own way certainly don't like it. Pretty interesting.

DEDHAM -- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and restaurateur-cum-race track operator Charles Sarkis sat just a few feet apart in Norfolk Superior Court yesterday, but they didn't say a word to each other.
Indeed, the two businessmen barely exchanged a glance during the four hours it took their attorneys to make closing arguments in the bitter lawsuit.
The case boils down to this: Sarkis claims he had an oral agreement with Kraft for a 25-year lease on the Foxboro Racetrack site. Kraft vehemently denies it. Now it's up to 13 jurors to decide why Sarkis spent more than $11 million renovating Foxboro and operating it at a loss over the past five years -- and whether Kraft, who now owns the track site adjacent to his football stadium, should foot the bill.

DEDHAM -- Track operator Charles Sarkis lost his bitter court battle over Foxboro Park yesterday when a Superior Court jury decided he had not been defrauded by the facility's owner, Robert Kraft.
After deliberating less than six hours, jurors rejected Sarkis's claim that Kraft, who also owns the New England Patriots and Foxboro Stadium, had tricked him into investing more than $11 million in the Foxborough track.
As he left Norfolk Superior Court yesterday, Sarkis appeared shaken, but said he would not appeal the decision. "I'm bitterly disappointed," Sarkis said. "I know what the truth was and I know the pain is going to be with me a long time. But I just don't have the belly to fight this anymore." It was the second legal loss for Sarkis in the past month. …

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft are listed as possible witnesses by prosecutors in the upcoming murder trial of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez. In a motion released Monday, Hernandez’s lawyers asked a judge to order prosecutors to pare their list of more than 300 witnesses. Hernandez is charged in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd, whose body was found in an industrial park about a mile from Hernandez’s home in North Attleborough.

Could you imagine Belichick sitting in the witness box?

"We're on the the next question" - Belichick

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hernanadez does indeed get away with this they will be be putting what appears to be a vicious murderer with no regard for human life back into society.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hernanadez does indeed get away with this they will be be putting what appears to be a vicious murderer with no regard for human life back into society.
What does this have to do with OJ Simpson???

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It happens. [see O.J. and Casey Anthony] Both were guilty. Everyone knew they were but the prosecution in both cases fucked things up so bad the jury couldn't convict based on the charges they had to consider.