• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Before adding Gilmore, the Pats tried trading for Sherman

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which still doesn't have anything to do with the thread, but your deflection is noted.
So I made a comment about Sherman's coverage ability. The thread is about Sherman right? You introduced some lame comment about 2013. I responded. Deflection is in the eye of the beholder.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I made a comment about Sherman's coverage ability. The thread is about Sherman right? You introduced some lame comment about 2013. I responded. Deflection is in the eye of the beholder.

Cognitive dissonance I guess, since the guru of coaching evidently saw something in him...

And just so you can follow along, my issue isn't with the slam on his coverage ability, it's on the more recent attempt at 'UR SEAHAWKS FANS ARE ALL NEWBZ' weak-sauce deflection.

THAT has nothing to do with the thread.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cognitive dissonance I guess, since the guru of coaching evidently saw something in him...

And just so you can follow along, my issue isn't with the slam on his coverage ability, it's on the more recent attempt at 'UR SEAHAWKS FANS ARE ALL NEWBZ' weak-sauce deflection.

THAT has nothing to do with the thread.
It was humor. Thus the lol. Not sorry I rustled your new jimmies.
FYI a car guru can see something in a Pinto. Doesn't mean he wants to purchase it. BB is a hell of a lot better at recognizing talent than either of us. He likely puts Sherm in the Pinto category? If PC was giving Sherm away why not park that car in a NE driveway?
For what it's worth I hate Pintos. The car and the beans. Both can be explosive. Just like a certain someone else.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the current cost of upper tier FA DBs, Sherman is a bargain at $11 mil per year. If a team could get him for anything outside of a 1st, they should do it. Although his play dropped off last season, he is still an elite CB. And should remain so over the last two years of his contract.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was humor. Thus the lol. Not sorry I rustled your new jimmies.
FYI a car guru can see something in a Pinto. Doesn't mean he wants to purchase it. BB is a hell of a lot better at recognizing talent than either of us. He likely puts Sherm in the Pinto category? If PC was giving Sherm away why not park that car in a NE driveway?
For what it's worth I hate Pintos. The car and the beans. Both can be explosive. Just like a certain someone else.

rustled jimmies? really? Don't you owe obnoxious Dallas fan a quarter for that?

If you believe the tweet, he DID want to buy the Pinto.

But hey, you got a Gremlin instead.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the current cost of upper tier FA DBs, Sherman is a bargain at $11 mil per year. If a team could get him for anything outside of a 1st, they should do it. Although his play dropped off last season, he is still an elite CB. And should remain so over the last two years of his contract.
I believe the following year he's owed $14M? I think it's more of his talent drop off combined with the public insubordination towards his coaches to include the HC. Otherwise PC never offers him up. Sherman was the pride and joy of Carroll's LOB. Now with the LOB aging and injuries starting to add up, Sherm becomes a chess piece. No way I give up more than a 3rd for him. Otherwise it's too much trouble for the talent IMO.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NE has two Gremlins currently on the roster. The good thing about a Gremlin is it goes anywhere you ask it without blowing up. :sherm:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't realize the obbby-noxious D fan created and copy wrote rustled jimmies? Does he use the "new" jimmies like I did?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the following year he's owed $14M? I think it's more of his talent drop off combined with the public insubordination towards his coaches to include the HC. Otherwise PC never offers him up. Sherman was the pride and joy of Carroll's LOB. Now with the LOB aging and injuries starting to add up, Sherm becomes a chess piece. No way I give up more than a 3rd for him. Otherwise it's too much trouble for the talent IMO.

He didn't 'offer him up.'

Details, details, or was that more humor?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say that the Pats have played against Gilmore often enough to have formed an "opinion" of him.

I also have to say that Belichick doesn't always bat 1.000 on high end guys.

I think his batting average is much higher on the Van Noys, Allens, Lewis'. etc.

I have been happy with Amendola though. He went from fragile to "fragile-ish" but clutch.

I dont hate Gilmore I think playing under Ryan was a disservice to him and his talent and do think he will be a lot better on the Pats, that being said his play the last few years doesnt warrant the money he wanted or the contract he received and even when he was playing well he wasnt a top 5 corner like he was claiming and aiming to get paid as one.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't 'offer him up.'

Details, details, or was that more humor?
Semantics or just being an asshat? PC let teams know Sherman was/is available.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in the minds of the pre-2013 Hawk fans. That limits it to about a solid half dozen.
Oh great swami, tell us of the spectacular pre BB days of being a Pats fan.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the Swami but It was a great big suck pill for the most part.
<Shivers of the shame of the bad old days>
I remember it well and I only mention it cuz NWPF (The E6) seems to think the Pats have always walked on water. He also has no idea at all of what opposing teams had to say about playing in the Kingdome.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stories of the Kingdome were always shouted as the teller was deaf as a stone after the game.
Similar to me after a Black Sabbath of Kiss concert in the 70's.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics or just being an asshat? PC let teams know Sherman was/is available.
LOL. It goes like this...
An NFL GM to JS..."Hey, any chance you'd trade Sherm?"
JS "Of course. What is your offer?"
GM." We would offer A, B, and C"
JS "Are you nutz? It will take X,Y, and Z?"
Gm "You crazy bro!"
JS "Adios weak suck!"

GM tells media, "Hey Sherm is available for the right price."

Since you have nothing else going on, I can somewhat understand your continual poking at us Hawk fans.
That says quite a bit about you.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal. They tried to get Richard sherman...after all that shit with seattle.
Wow...
No deal so they got gilmore.
Wonder why they are so determined to rid themselves of Malcolm Butler? Seems like a pretty good player.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than over paying for a prima Donna, loud mouth, that regularly is only asked to cover 1/4 of tge field, that's likely already seen his best years. Sherm owes quite a bit to the LOB and PC.
But you have to admit that shitbird covers his 1/4 of the field very, very well and without help.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why they are so determined to rid themselves of Malcolm Butler? Seems like a pretty good player.
my guess? off the field shit. theyve hinted at it by saying things like (about butler) "you take everything with the player, on and off the field".

its been uttered a few times. i think hes hiding something or the team doesnt like what he does with himself off the field.

maybe he murders some people?