• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beastquake 2.0

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that being in the playoffs for a running back is silly to consider.

And no one, no one is in a discussion with Peterson. He is so far above his peers it is absurd

WHo led the league in rushing - that's right, not Peterson

Who led the league in rushing tds - that's right, not Peterson

Who led the league in rushing ypc - that's right, not Peterson

Who led the league in yards from scrimmage - that's right, not Peterson

Who led the league in total tds - that's right, not Peterson

Who was the best running back in the NFL this year, oh, that's right - NOT PETERSON

It isn't Lynch either, but when all is said and done, Lynch was at least in the top 5, Peterson wasn't.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that being in the playoffs for a running back is silly to consider.

And no one, no one is in a discussion with Peterson. He is so far above his peers it is absurd

Nice that you simply ignore his post as you can't avoid the facts. No one is talking about the greatest RB of our era, but rather who was the best this year. Clearly that was Lynch and that cannot be refuted.

What do you mean we can't discuss his team being in the post season as any indication of the season he had? You do know Seattle is a run first team right? They live and die by the run. If he doesn't get his years they lose. PERIOD. End of story. Sorry, but you are way off base here.

All time? Peterson. This year? Lynch. Enough said.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except his stats don't particularly favor lynch. Peterson did more per carry and got less touches because his team is a joke.

Lynch is top 5, but Peterson is by far number one.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except his stats don't particularly favor lynch. Peterson did more per carry and got less touches because his team is a joke.

Prove it with facts for THIS season or GTFO. Stoker gave you some strong stats for this year. Prove it wrong or move on.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You at least got Lynch right. This year's best RBs

McCoy
Charles
Forte
Lynch
Moreno
Peterson
Bush
Murray
Lacy
Matthews

Better luck next time.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do those stats show lynch as better? Lynch got more touches and more yards, but was less efficient. Peterson did more per carry with boxes completely stacked and no other offensive threat on their roster to even remotely keep defenses honest.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do those stats show lynch as better? Lynch got more touches and more yards, but was less efficient. Peterson did more per carry with boxes completely stacked and no other offensive threat on their roster to even remotely keep defenses honest.

Using your logic, Toby Gerhart had a better season. Besides, maybe his "more efficiency is more about the Vikings than Peterson.

Other Vikings in 2013 -

144-815-5.7-13.

Maybe the Vikings should just bench him, they were so much better running when he wasn't running the ball. Not something that can be said about Lynch.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volume matters. But when both guys have high volumes of touches and the guy facing defenses stacked consistently against him still does noticeably better per carry, the argument that volume alone makes the other guy better is a silly one.

If Peterson had got those 50 extra carries, he only would have needed 2.6 YPC to match lynch, despite facing much toucher fronts.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are saying Peterson had a worse offense so he deserves more credit why not also give that same credit to Lynch who had to run behind a total garbage line most of the year. The injuries to the line over the middle part of the season nearly got our QB killed and lynch still ran up numbers.

You discount him because he gets more carries? :wtf: That only proves he is a more substantial part of our offense AND he delivered! You just can't win this. Lynch>Peterson this year. Not all time, but this season.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't discount him for getting more carries. I said 150 more yards on 50 more carries isn't more impressive.

You guys love to trash your line, and it's bullshit. Your line is a very good one.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volume matters. But when both guys have high volumes of touches and the guy facing defenses stacked consistently against him still does noticeably better per carry, the argument that volume alone makes the other guy better is a silly one.

If Peterson had got those 50 extra carries, he only would have needed 2.6 YPC to match lynch, despite facing much toucher fronts.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, obviously you don't watch Seahawks games, cause if you did you'd KNOW that defense stack the line to stop Lynch. Yesterday alone I saw constant 9 man fronts and at times 10 man fronts, and Lynch still ran for 140.

Vikings 2081 rushing yards from scrimmage, Seahawks 2361 (Peterson 60.8%, Lynch 59.2)
Vikings 3645 receiving yards from scrimmage, Seahawks 3611 (Peterson 4.7%, Lynch 8.8)
Vikings 5726 yards from scrimmage, Seahawks 5972 (Peterson 25.1%, Lynch 28.7)

Vikings 23 rushing TDs, Seattle 16 (Peterson 43.4%, Lynch 87.5)
Vikings 18 passing TDs, Seattle 27 (Peterson 5.5%, Lynch 7.4)
Vikings 41 Total TDs, Seattle 43 (Peterson 26.8, Lynch 37.2)

Not only is it a lie that Peterson was more important to his offense, but the biggest lie is that Peterson didn't have any other weapons. Corderelle Patterson had 9 TDs, nearly as many as Peterson did himself.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't discount him for getting more carries. I said 150 more yards on 50 more carries isn't more impressive.

You guys love to trash your line, and it's bullshit. Your line is a very good one.

Now I know you have no clue about football, thanks for clearing that up. Now run outside and play while the adults talk.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit about Adrian Peterson! Really, what is the freakin point of bringing up his name?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, we have a very good line? Really? I mean Really? :L

Look at the number of sacks/hurries/scrambles by RW this season and tell me how stellar it is. Tell me how great it is when the only reason Lynch gets yards is because he keeps on moving after first contact. He isn't getting holes to run though. Tell me about our great line when one of this seasons starters was actually deactivated for this last game without injury. They finally got tired of his fail and put a rookie in.

Please. You have NO clue about the seattle line. It's garbage. I would only keep two guys off that line. Okung and Unger. the rest should go to selling used cars. They are awful.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle's line is complete and utter horse shit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff there. You just KNOW they will shatter that record if Lynch creates a big run late next week. In fact it could come with a big deep pass as well. If the fans sense a big movement in the game they are going to break that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM your turning into a joke with your opinions. For you to think you know how good our OL over the fans that watch them ever week is arrogant and uninformed.

Our OL has major problems with pass protection, it does a better job at run blocking, but even that isn't always good. We have several mediocre linemen and we are looking forward to drafting some better OL in the draft.

Wilson mobility has covered up some of the OL problems, but make no mistake, pass blocking is a problem. Now the starters look like they are jelling some what, after missing many games and having to work to get back the cohesive nature needed to make a good line. However even at best this line is not great.