• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears vs 49ers

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Almost like the Bucs loss at the end because the injured player couldn't move off the field quick enough!

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The big thing in this game to me is that the Bears made the key plays and the niners did not. Those interceptions were all great plays by the D. You can argue about whether Kap should have thrown that particular pass, but they were going right to the receiver, the D just made a better play. Our dbs had a few chance and did NOT make the play. Same with the receivers: their guys made the big difficult catches and ours did not. A true #1 receiver has to catch that last ball.

Niners have to also get in line with the way the refs are calling things. They are making stupid little mistakes and getting called on things that don't really help them. Get it together boys.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big thing in this game to me is that the Bears made the key plays and the niners did not. Those interceptions were all great plays by the D. You can argue about whether Kap should have thrown that particular pass, but they were going right to the receiver, the D just made a better play. Our dbs had a few chance and did NOT make the play. Same with the receivers: their guys made the big difficult catches and ours did not. A true #1 receiver has to catch that last ball.

Niners have to also get in line with the way the refs are calling things. They are making stupid little mistakes and getting called on things that don't really help them. Get it together boys.

This.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep before the 4th qtr. I guess I'm glad I did because I probably wouldn't have slept at all.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every football game is two games together to form one outcome. The first half you find out what plays and defenses will work and the second half is all about adjustments. Tonight in the first game ever at Levis Stadium the 49ers jumped out to a fired up 17-0 lead. The 49ers then went on to shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties letting the Bears back into the game. This should of been a blowout and ends up a 28-20 disappointing loss.

The 49ers offensive line had some breakdowns and Kap was running for his life there most of the 2nd half but Kap has to keep his cool and not throw picks. He had 3 picks and a fumble and the Bears capitalized on those mistakes.

Coach Harbaugh is not allowed to talk about the officials but I am. The whole scene has become a complete joke. I thought the game turned on two screwy calls. The personal foul call on Dial for unnecessary roughness was a bullshit call. I thought it was clean and the spirit of the football player is slowly being curtailed and crushed. That penalty let the Bears go down and close the 49ers lead to 17-7. The holding call on Bouldin was also a bullshit call and cost Gore a brilliant football run for a TD.

I am starting to question the integrity of the game with all the money that is being bet on these games. The 49ers had 16 penalties for 118 damaging yards which is way out of the norm for a Harbaugh coached team. It's time to pay full time officials and not day bankers with a hard on to put on the stripes. The way things are going I would not be surprised if the next big scandal in the NFL is to come from the officials.

The lesson learned tonight is never let a team get back up (turnovers) after you got them down and never let the officials ( like in the 1983 NFC Championship Game)decide your outcome. It's a lesson learned better early in the season than late. This game was a serious head scratcher and the 49ers need to bounce back next week against a 2-0 Cards team who has some good athletes.

A tough loss tonight.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

I agree the Boldin call was BS, but I don't see how the Dial one was. That type of hit has been called not just this year, but for the last several years.

As fans we may agree that the game is being watered down, but it is what it is and it's time to adapt. The constant hands to the face is a stupid penalty to get and completely in a players control and yet the team still gets those. It seems more and more the team is being stubborn about adapting and that IS a Harbaugh coached team trait.

We've seen it throughout his tenure with the play calling delay of games (only cost us a Superbowl), running the ball into 9 man boxes, refusing to give Ward ANY kind of help, refusing to blitz and letting a QB carve us up, Roman having a game plan and sticking to it till the end (pass pass pass, nevermind the worst run defense, Kap's struggles, and Gore had been gutting them).

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh I know. :L

Still think it should have been.

I think it's really unfortunate for the 49ers, because as a whole, I think it's a really good team, but there's just something about Kaepernick that I think is holding you guys back.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's really unfortunate for the 49ers, because as a whole, I think it's a really good team, but there's just something about Kaepernick that I think is holding you guys back.

He had a bad game. I think any QB is capable of having a bad game. And unfortunately, when the QB has a bad game, the team probably loses.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate the Bears got a very undeserved win. They played pretty bad on defense and especially on offense all night, but we decided to give them an early Christmas present. It's not every day you get to see 1 team be both the best and worst on the field.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you can call the win "undeserved". They were kept in check most of the night (and really didn't put together very many good drives), but their interceptions were all clutch plays and all really nice catches/athletic plays. Yeah, Kaep got fidgety and lost all composure, but you still have to give credit to their D for those turnovers. I don't really think the Bears played all that well, but if your D causes 4 turnovers, calling the win undeserved is pretty inaccurate.

Kinda like how no one was giving the Niners credit for creating turnovers game 1 and saying Dallas gave us the win. That argument is so stupid. Turnovers are apart of the game. And when you cause 4, you usually win. How is that win not deserved?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you can call the win "undeserved". They were kept in check most of the night (and really didn't put together very many good drives), but their interceptions were all clutch plays and all really nice catches/athletic plays. Yeah, Kaep got fidgety and lost all composure, but you still have to give credit to their D for those turnovers. I don't really think the Bears played all that well, but if your D causes 4 turnovers, calling the win undeserved is pretty inaccurate.

Kinda like how no one was giving the Niners credit for creating turnovers game 1 and saying Dallas gave us the win. That argument is so stupid. Turnovers are apart of the game. And when you cause 4, you usually win. How is that win not deserved?

Well outside of the 4 turnovers there D was not all that good. We mostly moved the ball easily against them all night and were only stopped by our own mistakes. Their offense wasn't really able to do anything all night, but our mistakes gave them free first downs and the turnovers gave them the field position to where after 2 or 3 penalties on us they could lob it to Marshall in the endzone.

I might look into this later, but I'm very interested in knowing how many of the Bears first downs came from their offense and how many came from us. The stat sheet says they had 19 First Downs just like us, but I would not be surprised if half of those came off our mistakes in the form of yellow flags.

I mean take this stat for example. We gained 361 yards to their 216 yards. Even when you add the 118 yards in penalties we gifted to them we still out gain them 361 to 334. That's exactly how bad their offense was all night. You can gift them nearly 120 yards and they still can't out gain the other team. Should I mention their amazing 3-9 on 3rd downs? A number I'm sure is far better if you add in all the 3rd down conversions we gave them. We also had the ball for nearly 8 more minutes.

Make no mistake the Bears were horrible and did nothing more than stay on the field long enough for us to implode for them.

So yeah it's a bit hard to say they earned the win. They did very little all night to show they deserved to win. We just did an exceptional job of proving we could give it to them anyway.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A football game is 60 minutes, four quarters. Just because a team isn't the better team on the field for the majority of the game doesn't mean they don't deserve their win.

Yeah, looking at any of the stat line (aside from penalties and turnovers) the Niners outplayed the Bears all night. And I think we did outplay them for 3 quarters. I think they were helped by our mistakes, but I just think if you can force four turnovers you deserve to win the game. I guess this goes back to whether or not a turnover is the offense "giving the game away" or the defense "making a play." There really isn't an objective way to determine that so I guess this argument is kind of dumb, my fault for starting it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A football game is 60 minutes, four quarters. Just because a team isn't the better team on the field for the majority of the game doesn't mean they don't deserve their win.

Yeah, looking at any of the stat line (aside from penalties and turnovers) the Niners outplayed the Bears all night. And I think we did outplay them for 3 quarters. I think they were helped by our mistakes, but I just think if you can force four turnovers you deserve to win the game. I guess this goes back to whether or not a turnover is the offense "giving the game away" or the defense "making a play." There really isn't an objective way to determine that so I guess this argument is kind of dumb, my fault for starting it.

The fumble they caused was a great Defensive play. The Int their Safety had where he dove from out of nowhere to make the catch was a great defensive play. The other 2 I would say were horrible reads by Kaep and forced throws. That's basically the 2 that Fuller got. The one he stole from Crabtree I guess you could look at either way. Kaep tried to force that ball and maybe Crabtree should have held on to it. The other Fuller pick was just a bad pass all the way. Fuller was sitting on the route and Kaep threw it right to him.

Even with the 4 turnovers though the Bears still likely lose that game by double digits without 120 yards of penalties. The way we played they likely should have won by a lot more than 8 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fumble they caused was a great Defensive play. The Int their Safety had where he dove from out of nowhere to make the catch was a great defensive play. The other 2 I would say were horrible reads by Kaep and forced throws. That's basically the 2 that Fuller got. The one he stole from Crabtree I guess you could look at either way. Kaep tried to force that ball and maybe Crabtree should have held on to it. The other Fuller pick was just a bad pass all the way. Fuller was sitting on the route and Kaep threw it right to him.

Even with the 4 turnovers though the Bears still likely lose that game by double digits without 120 yards of penalties. The way we played they likely should have won by a lot more than 8 points.

Didn't see the game or highlights yet.... Were the refs calling illegal contact and PI's allot against your D ? Just wondering what the 120 yards in penalties were....

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game or highlights yet.... Were the refs calling illegal contact and PI's allot against your D ? Just wondering what the 120 yards in penalties were....

A lot of defensive holding, hands to the face, and contact beyond 5 yards. A few personal fouls thrown in as well. The hands to the face thing this year is so dumb. I could understand hands inside the facemask or grabbing the facemask, but just putting a hand on it or stiffing arming a guy is to much.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was probably the most embarrassing performance I've experienced as a 49ers fan. Maybe because it's so fresh in my mind but given the stage and how everything was lined up for them to see them unravel like that and kill themselves whether by poor QB play or terrible coaching decisions or stubborness...it just really sucked.

I don't consider myself to be someone who overreacts but if things don't change then Roman needs to go and if Harbaugh doesn't want that to happen then he needs to go with him. I understand what bringing in a new coach means and odds are shaky that you'll get someone better but while some people may say it's fine just being in contension every year I call BS. This team despite the suspension of Aldon Smith and Bowman being out is still one of the most talented in this league.

This was a game they should not have lost. They were up big early, let their foot completely off the gas like they ALWAYS do in similar situations and then Kaepernick had a bad game to add to it and we opened up our new stadium with a loss to remember.

Season is far from over but on a weekend when Seattle lost and a pretty rough schedule in the first half of the season this was a win we needed to secure.

/rant

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's always a fine line between "undeserved" and "deserved" wins. IMO this game was as close to undeserved as you get. The 49ers took their foot off the gas when they had Chicago on the ropes. They made it easy for them to not give up and power through. Next thing you know the turnovers start coming and we lose the game.

All 4 turnovers were great plays by their defense. My hat's off to the Bears. The more injured they got on defense the better they seemed to play but that was after we had control of the game and decided it's ok to keep it close because we were good in the first half.

It's infuriating to see almost 0 half time adjustments by this coaching staff. What you see in the first half is what you see in the second half if it worked in the first half. Problem is the other team CHANGES what they did in the first half.

I should really stop talking about this game because it gets me so frustrated with how things went down. I'm tired of seeing the same crap week after week. This group of players deserves more.

Harbaugh's quote was "If you're not getting better you're getting worse" or something along those lines. He needs to actually live by those words because this team continues to show the same stubborn playcalling on both sides of the ball. When it works they get a free pass...but when it doesn't there's no excuse to keep doing it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of defensive holding, hands to the face, and contact beyond 5 yards. A few personal fouls thrown in as well. The hands to the face thing this year is so dumb. I could understand hands inside the facemask or grabbing the facemask, but just putting a hand on it or stiffing arming a guy is to much.

Nothing is more frustrating than refs moving the ball down the field for and offense... Especially if it's tick tack call's ... And yeah the hands to the face is being called allot this year so far...

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was really frustrating to watch. It's hard for me to tell nowadays what penalties are actual penalties and which aren't so I don't even try to determine if the refs are calling stupid shit or not. A variation of defensive holding happens every play so I usually refrain from saying "UGH STUPID CALL" because the rules themselves are stupid, not necessarily the calls.

But their only third down drive that ended in a touchdown in the 4th kept our D on the field for like 8 minutes. We had them stopped three times (if I remember correctly) on third downs and a penalty gave them the first down. Like I said, I have no idea if the penalties were called correctly, but it was one of the most frustrating things to watch.