• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Schedule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'

I do not think the bears are going to beat both the saints and giants in five days. One, not both. Giants may not have lost much with Osi, that defense has always overcame because of Coughlin. And its not December and Brees is not gonna quit in the first half. he's not that kind of QB, I'm expecting a close game against the saints and a blowout by them or giants depending on the saints outcome.

Saints are my surprise SB pick this year. The giants ??? their pass rush has killed us recently but we have got better both on the Oline and game plan wise. We will get rid of the ball much faster now. Plus the Giants pass rush has fallen off, loss of talent and the guys still there were not producing as they once did. I think we beat the Saints at home in a close one. But then I'm a major homer. So we shall see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasnt because of the defense, Lovie wasnt good at coaching a offense.
Lovie could not get a decent OC because of our horrendous GM and his whiffing on early pics. As a Bear fan I believe we threw out the baby with the bath water. Lovie was never the problem.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have any idea what we are going to do against that schedule, becausae i have no idea what our team is going to play like. The offense is going to be completel;y new, so there will be an adjustment period. The defense is not going to be the same personel or scheme wise, although maybe similiar. Let me see some preseason shit and i'll get back to you.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants scare me more then the Saints do. The Saints are the most unpredictable team this year and they could go in either direction, depending on how that defense plays. Not only have we had great success verse the Saints with crappy offenses in the past but now we have Kromer who will give us some insight on the their team as well. I dont think Brees will dominate our defense and as of now our offense has the advantage over your defense.

You have to realize that the saints don't play bread and butter football like most other teams. They play on emotion, and the saints have had one blowout loss to the bears(NFCCG 06). They had nothing to play for against bears in 07(Cowboys already were giving the playoff spot to redskins), a TNF game where Reggie was why you got ahead and then the saints manage to come back and take the lead before bears took it to OT. This was also the game where PT proved himself. And we all know what happened the last time you played us. Hang your hat on 06 if you will, but that was 2006 and y'all seem pretty bitter about us having a ring against the same team you couldnt get it against on the same sb site too. Your defense is not going to be the same without Lovie and Urlacher. Talented players make mistakes without discipline. I seriously doubt the bears is going to stop the wideouts, slot, tightend, screen game that Brees is very good at utilizing. Bears have no answer for a offense like that. It won't be a blowout. The saints are fired up from the Steve Gleason prank adding on to the punishment for something that may have not been.

Oh, btw it was a blowout in the fourth quarter in that NFCCG when the turnovers started happening by Brees in sleety weather and on slippery turf.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, btw it was a blowout in the fourth quarter in that NFCCG when the turnovers started happening by Brees in sleety weather and on slippery turf.

No... It was a close game until Urlacher was taunted on NO touchdown play in the 2nd qtr. It was all Bears after that.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def a tough schedule but I think they will pull it out. Cutler's contract season also so it will be interesting to see how he plays.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati - W
Minnesota - W
At Pittsburgh - L
At Detroit - W
New Orleans - W
NYGiants - W
At Washington - L
BYE
At Green Bay - L
Detroit - W
Baltimore - L
At St. Louis - W
At Minnesota - W
Dallas - W
At Cleveland - W
At Philadelphia - L
Green Bay -W

11 and 5 I say

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often do teams excel under the direction of a new head coach?

Very rare.

When you suck, every opponent looks daunting.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often do teams excel under the direction of a new head coach?

Very rare.

When you suck, every opponent looks daunting.

New coaches usually dont take on a team that was 10-6 the previous year. New coaches normally have to rebuild a lot of pieces on their team but Trestman has inherited a lot from Lovies crew.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati - W
Minnesota - W
At Pittsburgh - L
At Detroit - W
New Orleans - W
NYGiants - W
At Washington - L
BYE
At Green Bay - L
Detroit - W
Baltimore - L
At St. Louis - W
At Minnesota - W
Dallas - W
At Cleveland - W
At Philadelphia - L
Green Bay -W

11 and 5 I say

How could you give the Bears a loss to Philadelphia when we dominate Vick everytime we play him?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears Defense > Sam Bradford
We'll sure. There are 11 of them so hopefully they are better than 1 person.

Anyone predicting anything about the Rams offense this year is just guessing. The whole thing is different than last year

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll sure. There are 11 of them so hopefully they are better than 1 person.

Anyone predicting anything about the Rams offense this year is just guessing. The whole thing is different than last year

Really, 11 is more than 1? Yes the Rams offense has changed quite a bit but it doesnt change the fact the skill set on the Bears defense is much higher then the skill set on the Rams offense. Bradford hasnt proven anything and for him to beat a very good Bears defense and have your defense beat a new up tempo Bears offense is going to be very tough.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, 11 is more than 1? Yes the Rams offense has changed quite a bit but it doesnt change the fact the skill set on the Bears defense is much higher then the skill set on the Rams offense. Bradford hasnt proven anything and for him to beat a very good Bears defense and have your defense beat a new up tempo Bears offense is going to be very tough.
The Rams offense matched up very, very poorly with the Bears last year. We didnt really have a LG, LT or RT, IIRC and you can only throw 5 yard passes to Amendola a couple of times until the other team starts keying in on it. The Bears offense really wasnt all that good....its just that ours was really bad.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams offense matched up very, very poorly with the Bears last year. We didnt really have a LG, LT or RT, IIRC and you can only throw 5 yard passes to Amendola a couple of times until the other team starts keying in on it. The Bears offense really wasnt all that good....its just that ours was really bad.

Oh god I will be the first to admit our offense has been pathetic in the past but it should be greatly improved with Marc Trestman. By that I mean going from 25th ranked total offense to 15th would be the biggest different to our season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god I will be the first to admit our offense has been pathetic in the past but it should be greatly improved with Marc Trestman. By that I mean going from 25th ranked total offense to 15th would be the biggest different to our season.
The reason why the NFL is so hard to predict is that there are a lot of teams with defenses in place that just need an average offense to contend. The rise of the 49ers is a good example. There are also a lot of teams with offenses in place and they just need anything resembling a defense (Colts, Saints, etc). If you see just minor improvement in say the Bears offense, they could really be something but it all starts with the oline

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why the NFL is so hard to predict is that there are a lot of teams with defenses in place that just need an average offense to contend. The rise of the 49ers is a good example. There are also a lot of teams with offenses in place and they just need anything resembling a defense (Colts, Saints, etc). If you see just minor improvement in say the Bears offense, they could really be something but it all starts with the oline

I couldnt have said it any better, good explanation. We will be a good team but wont be huge contenders for a few years, until everyone gels with one another and the new playbook. I feel the same way with the Rams too and think right now they are outside the bubble of contending every year. Fisher is a great coach for that organization and he will turn them around in a hurry. Hell you guys played amazing in the division last year and need to keep the consistency you had verse the Seahawks and 9ners.