• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears @ Lions

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season on the line and bears walking around and just getting plays off with the play clock expiring. embarrassing

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler overdue to turn the ball over, isn't he?

Thought so. Should have settled for first down to wide open Forte, but chose to throw into double coverage.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is stubborn. Refuses to stop doing that.

When you're down by 2 TDs with little time left, you have to take chances. The Chicago defense can't stop the Lions at all. Cutler had to try to push the ball down the field. The problem is as Phil Simms said, Chicago's OL gives Cutler so little time to throw the ball. That's why all the screen passes. Cutler must be so sick of having a bad OL every year. A QB isn't gonna win many games with a bad OL and and bad defense. Cutler is having a good season statistically (93 passer rating) but no QB is gonna overcome that mess. Unless you're ultra elite like Aaron Rodgers.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're down by 2 TDs with little time left, you have to take chances. The Chicago defense can't stop the Lions at all. Cutler had to try to push the ball down the field. The problem is as Phil Simms said, Chicago's OL gives Cutler so little time to throw the ball. That's why all the screen passes. Cutler must be so sick of having a bad OL every year. A QB isn't gonna win many games with a bad OL and and bad defense. Cutler is having a good season statistically (93 passer rating) but no QB is gonna overcome that mess. Unless you're ultra elite like Aaron Rodgers.

:rollseyes:

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, and there's your meaningless pick at the end of the game to hurt Cutler's statistics. Just because they allowed 1 more play. Never seen a QB with luck as bad as Cutler, LOL. He's had 3 or 4 picks this season on meaningless end up half plays.

It amazes me the bad job they're doing trying to build a team in Chicago. They have terrific skill position players with guys like Forte, Marshall and Jeffery. But what good is it when you have a bad OL and bad defense? They need some major changes.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he doesn't have a bad o-line this yr. he has a decent o-line. he wasn't getting hit until they were down double-digits. he doesn't know how to check down. he keys in on receivers and when they aren't open he panics and throws into double coverage. he continues to throw off his back foot when there is absolutely no reason to. he continues to carry the ball at his waist. jay cutler is a coach killer.

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it isn't 2000 anymore. 93 passer rating isn't that great. it is average

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there was about seven minutes left when he threw that first pick with the Bears down 14. Forte, who is beastly in open space, was wide opened beyond the first down marker. Instead Cutler chose to throw off his back foot into double coverage. Not the right choice, in my opinion.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes:

Care to actually challenge anything I said, instead of rolling your eyes like a women? Does a QB not have to take chances when down by 2 TDs late in the game, especially since his defense allows Stafford to score every time? Does Chicago not have a bad OL and bad defense? Explain what was wrong with what I said.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, and there's your meaningless pick at the end of the game to hurt Cutler's statistics. Just because they allowed 1 more play. Never seen a QB with luck as bad as Cutler, LOL. He's had 3 or 4 picks this season on meaningless end up half plays.

It amazes me the bad job they're doing trying to build a team in Chicago. They have terrific skill position players with guys like Forte, Marshall and Jeffery. But what good is it when you have a bad OL and bad defense? They need some major changes.

ya and garbage time tds down against the pats, phins, and pack helped his numbers too

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to actually challenge anything I said, instead of rolling your eyes like a women? Does a QB not have to take chances when down by 2 TDs late in the game, especially since his defense allows Stafford to score every time? Does Chicago not have a bad OL and bad defense? Explain what was wrong with what I said.

I dont need to say anything, except the same things that have been said a million times a before. Make all the excuses you want for him, Cutler still has major fundamental issues and cracks under pressure.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was about seven minutes left when he threw that first pick with the Bears down 14. Forte, who is beastly in open space, was wide opened beyond the first down marker. Instead Cutler chose to throw off his back foot into double coverage. Not the right choice, in my opinion.

But, but, but... his defense sucks!

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were at the point that short passes were not gonna get it done, in my opinion. You can't take up most of the clock going down the field when down by 2 TDs. Especially since they couldn't do a thing to stop Stafford. It's not as if the ball thrown right to a defender either. The INT was a tipped ball. Stafford got away with worse in this game on that pass that went right through a defenders hands. Cutler has the worst luck. I know he acted like a prick in the past, but there hasn't been a hint of a bad attitude from him the last couple years since he had children. You can see he's a changed man. You'd think his luck would turn around, but the football Gods still seem to punish him. Everything always goes wrong. Maybe next year. They need to improve that OL and defense. Anyway happy Thanksgiving TD.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were at the point that short passes were not gonna get it done, in my opinion. You can't take up most of the clock going down the field when down by 2 TDs. Especially since they couldn't do a thing to stop Stafford. It's not as if the ball thrown right to a defender either. The INT was a tipped ball. Stafford got away with worse in this game on that pass that went right through a defenders hands. Cutler has the worst luck. I know he acted like a prick in the past, but there hasn't been a hint of a bad attitude from him the last couple years since he had children. You can see he's a changed man. You'd think his luck would turn around, but the football Gods still seem to punish him. Everything always goes wrong. Maybe next year. They need to improve that OL and defense. Anyway happy Thanksgiving TD.

the offense had 1 good drive all game. the defense gave them the ball at the 5 for their other td. they've been shut out at halftime 3 of the last 5 games. good qbs put points on the board.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good QBs aren't afraid to take what a defense is giving them in almost any situation, even down 2 scores with 7 minutes left. Take the first down if its there, and let a playmaker try to make a play. Its not like they dont know the situation too, they know to get out of bounds and stop the clock if they can.