• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears @ Lions

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were at the point that short passes were not gonna get it done, in my opinion. You can't take up most of the clock going down the field when down by 2 TDs. Especially since they couldn't do a thing to stop Stafford. It's not as if the ball thrown right to a defender either. The INT was a tipped ball. Stafford got away with worse in this game on that pass that went right through a defenders hands. Cutler has the worst luck. I know he acted like a prick in the past, but there hasn't been a hint of a bad attitude from him the last couple years since he had children. You can see he's a changed man. You'd think his luck would turn around, but the football Gods still seem to punish him. Everything always goes wrong. Maybe next year. They need to improve that OL and defense. Anyway happy Thanksgiving TD.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, ABF.

Only thing I'll add is that a short pass to an open Forte can easily turn into a long gain.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont need to say anything, except the same things that have been said a million times a before. Make all the excuses you want for him, Cutler still has major fundamental issues and cracks under pressure.

The funny thing is the last 2 years Cutler had one of the highest 4th quarter passer ratings in the league, and he's among the league leaders in 4th quarter game winning drives since he came into the league. He also played great in the final game last season with the division title on the line, when they were in position to win but the defense allowed Rodgers to throw a 48 yard TD with only seconds left. That doesn't argue for Cutler cracking under pressure. He's been good under pressure. The problem is the Bears are just a BAD team this year. Hard win with a bad OL and maybe the worst defense in the league. But people love to just blame the QB.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is the last 2 years Cutler had one of the highest 4th quarter passer ratings in the league, and he's among the league leaders in 4th quarter game winning drives since he came into the league. He also played great in the final game last season with the division title on the line, when they were in position to win but the defense allowed Rodgers to throw a 48 yard TD with only seconds left. That doesn't argue for Cutler cracking under pressure. He's been good under pressure. The problem is the Bears are just a BAD team this year. Hard win with a bad OL and maybe the worst defense in the league. But people love to just blame the QB.

I would like to see how his 4th quarter performance matches up to other QBs. How often Is he producing late to win games or at least stay in them? Or is it garbage time?

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good QBs aren't afraid to take what a defense is giving them in almost any situation, even down 2 scores with 7 minutes left. Take the first down if its there, and let a playmaker try to make a play. Its not like they dont know the situation too, they know to get out of bounds and stop the clock if they can.

Cutler spent most of this game just taking what the defense gave him. Look where that got the Bears. Down by 2 TDs with 7 minutes left, even though had had not made any mistakes. He had to start taking chances. I agree with Phil Simms. The big problem is the Bears don't have an OL good enough to give Cutler time to get the ball down the field. It's a shame because they have great skill position players.

I firmly believe that if you give Cutler a good OL and good defense, he would win at a great clip. Unfortunately he has not even had 1 year in his career to play on a team like that. There's always something terribly wrong. It would be interesting to see him finally play on a good all around team.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see how his 4th quarter performance matches up to other QBs. How often Is he producing late to win games or at least stay in them? Or is it garbage time?

This year it has been garbage time. The Bears get blown out a lot. But in previous years, he had a lot of game winning 4th quarter drives. He has proven to be good in the 2 minute drill with the game on the line.

I know I sounds like excuses, but he's had so much bad luck. Last year playing great against the Packers in the last game, but not winning the division because the defense allowed a 48 yard TD pass on 4th and 8 with seconds left. Another year not making the playoffs at 10-6 because of a tierbreaker. Another year rolling towards the playoffs at 7-3, but he broke his thumb making a tackle after an INT that went right off his own receiver's chest. I mean how can anyone claim Cutler hasn't had freakishly bad luck? Again maybe it was punishment because of the bad attitude. But the bad attitude is gone now that he has children. Maybe his luck will turn around next season. I don't know, maybe he needs a fresh start elsewhere. A trade out of Chicago might be good for him.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good QBs aren't afraid to take what a defense is giving them in almost any situation, even down 2 scores with 7 minutes left. Take the first down if its there, and let a playmaker try to make a play. Its not like they dont know the situation too, they know to get out of bounds and stop the clock if they can.

You are right Sonny and after the first 2 drives Matt Stafford pretty much did that. One of the few times he has IMO. He forces a lot to CJ just like Cutler does to Marshall and Jeffries. Great WR's have bailed them out many times in the past. Slay made a play on the ball and tipped it. Normally Cutler gets bailed out on very poorly thrown balls.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to actually challenge anything I said, instead of rolling your eyes like a women? Does a QB not have to take chances when down by 2 TDs late in the game, especially since his defense allows Stafford to score every time? Does Chicago not have a bad OL and bad defense? Explain what was wrong with what I said.

If a Cutler was so good, he wouldn't have had his team down by two scores late in the game. Cutler sucks, deal with it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as if the ball thrown right to a defender either. The INT was a tipped ball.
It was originally tipped by Slay, who was defending Jeffery. He turned his head and made a play breaking it up, Quin just finished it. The ball was thrown short. You'd know that if you weren't stuck up Cutler's ass.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a statement game for the Lions after falling behind 14-0. Gonna be a good race down the stretch in the NFCN between them and GB.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a Cutler was so good, he wouldn't have had his team down by two scores late in the game. Cutler sucks, deal with it.

It's obvious that you sadly don't know much about football. What did you want Cutler to do, go against the game plan? They didn't even try to run the ball a little bit. The plan was to throw a ton of short passes. Cutler kept completing them. He did fine completing all the short passes. It worked at first, but eventually a defense adjusts when they see a team constantly throwing screen passes. It should be obvious to anyone watching the Bears that Trestman is a DISASTER as a coach. His game plans are beyond horrendous. Any time they play a decent team, they get blown out. It's not about the QB or any 1 player. The Bears need someone who can coach and put these players in position to win.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the irony of NFL ... after getting spanked just one week ago, now everyone in Detroit is rooting for the Pats :)