• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS just exploded

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, good read, and great points

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doh!!! Don't look now but Southern Miss. is up on Houston by 14 late in the 3rd. Might we see another (minor) BCS shake-up on the last weekend. Some at large-somewhere (Oklahoma? KSU? maybe even VT <<hopefully not) is cheering for Favre's team right now.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah so. miss is pretty much dominating this game. Hope they hold on.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
safe to say that Houston got dominated today 49-21 under 3min to go.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Boise State will probably have an at large bid. TCU might have an autobid if it jumps up two spots and stays in front of WV.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Looks like Boise State will probably have an at large bid. TCU might have an autobid if it jumps up two spots and stays in front of WV.

Im not 100% sure (all this shit is confusing) but i think boise would have had to be conference champion. :noidea:

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If LSU were to lose that would mean Alabama would get a BCS birth with Georgia in the Sugar bowl. LSU would be eliminated because of the two team limit per conference. That leaves Oki state and Stanford. Say OKI loses tonight and we win. It would be down to Stanford and us. I think Stanford would have the edge. That would mean it would be Stanford and Alabama in the MNC. Would the NCAA really put two team in the national championship that didnt even win their conference? Talk about BCS explosion if this happens. Looks like two team that make it will be the only idle teams this week. That is not right IMHO. Terrible system if this happens.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two team limit does not apply if two non-conference champions are in the NCG, which would likely still happen if Georgia wins. Weird but we should root for LSU, otherwise another at large bid gets gobbled up.

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The two team limit does not apply if two non-conference champions are in the NCG, which would likely still happen if Georgia wins. Weird but we should root for LSU, otherwise another at large bid gets gobbled up.

You just beat me to it. LOL

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSu deserves to get in over any one loss team with their resume' if they were to lose this game....which I don't think they will.

yes of course sir

but the problem is the humans sometimes ignore that.

by ignore I mean ignore all logic

MidnightMarauder54

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes of course sir

but the problem is the humans sometimes ignore that.

by ignore I mean ignore all logic

How many teams have lost their last game and gone to the BCS champ game...

I know of two off the top of my head...so once again...

WHEN YOU LOSE DOESN'T MATTER

:cool2:

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How many teams have lost their last game and gone to the BCS champ game...

I know of two off the top of my head...so once again...

WHEN YOU LOSE DOESN'T MATTER

:cool2:

I still think that this system is flawed if LSU does lose and plays in the MNC. How can the BCS say this system is working when neither LSU or Bama won the conference yet they are claimed the top two teams. It doesnt matter, when has the BCS ever made sense.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not 100% sure (all this shit is confusing) but i think boise would have had to be conference champion. :noidea:

Yes you are correct hunz. They (Boise St.)can still be "chosen" by a bowl if they want them but they do not automatically qualify for an at-large because they are not conference champs (is the way I understand it). I don't think they would be chosen over a BCS conf. team IMO. Stanford however, will likely automatically qualify because they will be 3 or 4 in the BCS. That will probably leave at least a couple at large bids for the Sugar Bowl.. of their choosing. Most likely Michigan and a Big 12 team (KSU, OK). IF we were to lose tonight we could possible be chosen for the Sugar as well, if we don't drop too far in the BCS. But I'm not worried about that. We will be in the OB.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are correct hunz. They (Boise St.)can still be "chosen" by a bowl if they want them but they do not automatically qualify for an at-large because they are not conference champs (is the way I understand it). I don't think they would be chosen over a BCS conf. team IMO. Stanford however, will likely automatically qualify because they will be 3 or 4 in the BCS. That will probably leave at least a couple at large bids for the Sugar Bowl.. of their choosing. Most likely Michigan and a Big 12 team (KSU, OK). IF we were to lose tonight we could possible be chosen for the Sugar as well, if we don't drop too far in the BCS. But I'm not worried about that. We will be in the OB.

EHHHH--Wrong. Now with Houston, VT, Sparty, Oklahoma AND UGA losing it is looking likely that TCU will move up high enough to get a BCS auto-bid since they will be ahead of WVU..Maybe a future Big 12 showdown with Okie St.?? More likely a Sugar or Orange Bowl berth vs. Michigan OR Clemson..