• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS just exploded

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well.. i guess as it stands now, VT will be the top ranked non-rematch game if they can win out.. avoiding a rematch has played a part in previous votes.. just sayin..

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I think I took a wrong turn somewhere's and ended up in Virginia.....

It's all good, I'm harmless, and I do think you are a team that could sneak up into a consideration this year.....

I'm curious to see where you end up in the rankings coming up.......I do think it will be tough for you (not necessarily right, just the way it is) to eventually jump Bama.....

It is possible though since Bama won't be playing in the SEC championship game, although however seemingly impossible to imagine them losing, they still have to beat their rival, who happens to be the defending national champs....

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So VT will be a top 5 ranked BCS team with p[laying UVA and Clemson as their remaining games, both who should be ranked in the 20's when we face them. Arkansas or LSU will lose next weekend, so we somehow need to win out and jump Bama, unless they drop their game in the iron bowl next week. Looks like everyone else has paved the way for VT as long as they put up two quality wins. The dream is not over...slightly. Chances of that happening still 0.1% or less.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So VT will be a top 5 ranked BCS team with p[laying UVA and Clemson as their remaining games, both who should be ranked in the 20's when we face them. Arkansas or LSU will lose next weekend, so we somehow need to win out and jump Bama, unless they drop their game in the iron bowl next week. Looks like everyone else has paved the way for VT as long as they put up two quality wins. The dream is not over...slightly. Chances of that happening still 0.1% or less.

Well, I might take it up to an even 1% now nuke...Unfortunately there are only a couple of scenarios I see where we could end up in the NCG..we need.
1)LSU to beat Arkansas, preferably not close.
2)Auburn to beat 'Bama, preferably not close.
3)OK to beat OK St., If the Pokes win they will be back in grace with the BCS.
Bonus
4)Stanford to lose against the Golden Domers, even though they may be behind us when the standings come out, if they win out they are a more attractive matchup (with Luck) than we would be. Not saying this needs to happen, but would certainly help our cause.

OR

We beat the living dogshit out of UVA AND Clemson (i'm talking 25+), win in style, DW, LT3, and The D have flawless, huge games on a national stage. Couple that with 1 or two of the upsets above (definitely in the Iron Bowl) and hope the BCS gets off the SEC's nuts long enough to realize that there are some pretty good teams out there outside of the SEC West.

It would not shock me if a 2 loss SEC or Big12 team got in over VT. Surprise yes, shock no..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
MT @McMurphyCBS: Missing 2 computer ratings but @jppalm projected BCS ranks:1-LSU 2-Bama 3-Ark 4-VT 5-OkSt 6-Stan 7-Ore 8-Boise 9-UH 10-OU

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not shock me if a 2 loss SEC or Big12 team got in over VT. Surprise yes, shock no..

I wouldn't even be surprised if that happened. No one in their right mind can think we are better than say a two-loss Alabama or Arkansas, or Okie State.

If we play well, I do believe we are a top ten team. A top two team however, is completely difference

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Honestly, Tech has moved up more so because of attrition than elite performances. While Hokie fans are complaining about winning really sloppy games (and the criticisms are valid), other teams are losing. Like I said before, not many teams can win the way we do sometimes. For all this lame talk from ESPN about "style points," it's really all about winning, and it's a lesson that is learned every season. I expect the BCS picture will change even more in the next two weeks.

I just want to beat Virginia. If that happens, then beat Clemson. Everything else is out of Tech's control, so what happens, happens.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night they scrolled the projected BCS standing and they had OSU at 4 and Stanford at 5. No way Stanford should jump us IMO

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im surprised that osu is still ranked at 4. how do you drop 2 spots after you lose to an unranked team? doesnt make sense. we are at #5 ahead of stanford, thats huge. i think ou beats osu, so we would jump them with a win over uva.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Will be LMmfAO if Arky beats LSU, Aub beats Bama, and GA beats Arky in the SECcg.

VT+oklahoma ST. in the BCSncg.

of course we must beat whoVa and Clemson first.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God the computers LOVE the big 12. I mean it has oklahoma and kansas state rated ahead of us despite them both having 2 losses. If we win our next 2 games, the computers should definitely like us a little better, though.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who has oklahoma beat? kansas state, thats it. the rest of their wins are comparable to ours imo.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who has oklahoma beat? kansas state, thats it. the rest of their wins are comparable to ours imo.

Baylor

don't laugh because Baylor is really good

and Oklahoma State blew them out

BTW, while I am stating a case for Oklahoma State to be ahead I did rank Virginia Tech 2nd

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont get why oklahoma state is above us.. i'm with everyone else, i dont think we're as good as some of the other teams at the top, but in terms of 'deserving' i think VT deserves to be #4.. how do you lose to an unranked team and drop 2 spots? alabama lost to the #1 team in the country and dropped 2 spots.. a loss to #1 vs. a loss to an unranked team shows no difference?

i call shenanigans on that one.