• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS just exploded

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am absolutely shocked. seniors get a chance to redeem themselves on an even bigger stage...i love playing in bowls that matter.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be excited but I fear another Frank Beamer Letdown Special.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone watching the show right now? They just interviewed Mike Gundy and it looks like his anger at being snubbed caused him to burst a blood vessel in his eye.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was full of shit saying they bought into the system. He was fuming inside

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be excited but I fear another Frank Beamer Letdown Special.

what is different is we have a big game AFTER a big letdown and have a month to stew on it and prove we are better than what we showed last night. lets hope that they take advantage of the opportunity.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is different is we have a big game AFTER a big letdown and have a month to stew on it and prove we are better than what we showed last night. lets hope that they take advantage of the opportunity.

We are also playing a Michigan team that is not really that good. Let's hope the players come out with intensity and make up for last night.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so awesome! I am so glad to go to New Orleans and not South Florida!!!

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson and VT better fucking hose Michigan and WVU...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are also playing a Michigan team that is not really that good. Let's hope the players come out with intensity and make up for last night.

I wouldn't say that now^^^^. They have beaten some very decent teams this year (ND, Nebraska, OSU) and lost a couple of tough ones to Sparty and Iowa. I would say their resume is right on par with ours. Should be a good matchup and a true test for our defense (in stopping Denard Robinson and Co.). I am surprised and excited to have the opportunity to play this game after our letdown last night. I am surprised TCU did not move up at least a couple spots following all of the losses yesterday. Ultimately it looked like it came down to VT, K State, and Boise for the final at-large. Our reputation and travel history got us our first at large over the others. Hopefully with somewhere different than S. Florida, VT will be well represented. Yes, Clemson AND VT need to win these games in a HUGE way..

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am already liking the talk/chatter of "surprised VT is in the SB" and "they don't deserve to be there after getting rocked in the ACCCG". Seems like the teams we have had in the past perform a bit better when their backs are against the wall and are being overlooked..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am shocked. thrilled, but shocked. i didnt think there was any way we'd be in.

awesome :cool:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that now^^^^. They have beaten some very decent teams this year (ND, Nebraska, OSU) and lost a couple of tough ones to Sparty and Iowa. I would say their resume is right on par with ours. Should be a good matchup and a true test for our defense (in stopping Denard Robinson and Co.). I am surprised and excited to have the opportunity to play this game after our letdown last night. I am surprised TCU did not move up at least a couple spots following all of the losses yesterday. Ultimately it looked like it came down to VT, K State, and Boise for the final at-large. Our reputation and travel history got us our first at large over the others. Hopefully with somewhere different than S. Florida, VT will be well represented. Yes, Clemson AND VT need to win these games in a HUGE way..

People can say what they want, but the only dominant team in the Big 10 is Wisconsin. If we had to play Wisconsin I would be terrified. Their offensive line would absolutely own us. Nebraska has a pitiful offense. Michigan State is good, but not unstoppable. Personally, I think we match up well against Michigan. Assuming that Hosley can play, I would be surprised if Robinson was able to throw the ball effectively. I know he beats teams with his feet, but if we can play man on the outsides and blitz the hell out of them, I think we will be okay.

The one thing that kind of annoys me is all of the shit VT is getting for the bid. Why isn't Michigan getting the same treatment? They lucked into a BCS bowl by not having to play (and lose) the Big 10 championship. I know our schedule was soft, but only one team was able to beat us this year. And that team, Clemson, has some of the best talent in the whole country. Losing focus for a few games was their demise. So yeah, spread some of the hate around ESPN. Just as soon as you're done loving on the SEC.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We really need an "eat my words" smiley, cause i'd be more than happy to use it now.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am shocked. thrilled, but shocked. i didnt think there was any way we'd be in.

awesome :cool:

Exactly how I'm feeling, just got home and saw we were in the Sugar. I can't believe it.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that kind of annoys me is all of the shit VT is getting for the bid. Why isn't Michigan getting the same treatment? They lucked into a BCS bowl by not having to play (and lose) the Big 10 championship. I know our schedule was soft, but only one team was able to beat us this year. And that team, Clemson, has some of the best talent in the whole country. Losing focus for a few games was their demise. So yeah, spread some of the hate around ESPN. Just as soon as you're done loving on the SEC.

This is what has annoyed me. Michigan has been exempt from all of the hate for some reason. They were ranked lower than us in both polls and the computers, yet people deemed them worthy. Kirk smashed us talking about how the BCS bowls are all about filling seats and money now (never mentioned Michigan for some odd reason). Newsflash: It's ALWAYS been that way. Every year the bowls pick based on who they think will fill the seats and who will get better TV ratings.

Look back in 2000. We were ranked #5 in the BCS. We were 10-1 with our only loss to #3 Miami. Yet, we got snubbed. The Fiesta bowl decided to take #6 Oregon State and #11 Notre Dame as at-larges over us. Lets not forget all of our NCAA tournament snubs. Now we are finally the ones on the other side. This just goes to show how far this program has come over the past decade.