• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS Bowls are set

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These bowls suck! I'm glad this is the last year of the bcs.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon -20.5 already in some places.

FSU -9

If the November Oregon team shows up this is way too high.

Mariota should be 100% so that is great for Oregon.

My concern is if the plamakers on offense (Huff and Thomas) are mailing it in already. They either do that or they come out to impress future NFL employers.

If they are clicking like early in the year and have dropped the massive egos they could cover.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, Mack beat the same USC team that destroyed and took OU's manhood the year before (all before halftime, mind you). Mack then whipped LSU in the Cotton Bowl the year before LSU slapped OU silly. "Big Game" Bob is just a shitty bowl game coach. Bama should drop 40 before halftime on your overrated asses......

This will be the first time I won't have high expectations going into a BCS bowl, I do believe OU can keep it close though.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the first time I won't have high expectations going into a BCS bowl, I do believe OU can keep it close though.

... any given day. Its not like Bama hasn't come out flat before.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the November Oregon team shows up this is way too high.

Mariota should be 100% so that is great for Oregon.

My concern is if the plamakers on offense (Huff and Thomas) are mailing it in already. They either do that or they come out to impress future NFL employers.

If they are clicking like early in the year and have dropped the massive egos they could cover.
-
Football is about match-ups and I really can not think of a team that is more suited to exposing how mediocre Texas is right now than Oregon. You have a running QB in Mariotta. That blitz package/secondary has at least a pick 6 in it vs Case McCoy. Texas and OU have absolutely brutal match-ups that might have been conceived in a lab to expose the Big 12.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-
Football is about match-ups and I really can not think of a team that is more suited to exposing how mediocre Texas is right now than Oregon. You have a running QB in Mariotta. That blitz package/secondary has at least a pick 6 in it vs Case McCoy. Texas and OU have absolutely brutal match-ups that might have been conceived in a lab to expose the Big 12.

It's been a long time since OU was given no chance in a game, just the kind of motivation that Stoops and the players need. Hell, they were not given much of a chance against OSU and Bob pulled out the 'Riverboat Bob' hat.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Looking back over the BCS era the Big 12 has been rather exposed a lot in bowl games, even those years where they played good OOC to start the season.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looking back over the BCS era the Big 12 has been rather exposed a lot in bowl games, even those years where they played good OOC to start the season.

True, but there is a reason their opponent in those BCS games was there, they were also a pretty damn good team. It's more about what team is more motivated and prepared than anything else. I will always believe the long layoff effects some team more than others. Games will probably look a little different once the playoff starts, teams won't have a month or more to sit around and wait.

Sometimes I think coaches either get away from what got them there and try to get too cute during the layoff, they over plan.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one has been exposed more in the BCS bowls more than the ACC. 3-13

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a long time since OU was given no chance in a game, just the kind of motivation that Stoops and the players need. Hell, they were not given much of a chance against OSU and Bob pulled out the 'Riverboat Bob' hat.
OU has been exposed. I just looking at the match up. OU is weak up front with an excellent secondary. OU needs to run the ball to have success. I think we would agree with that. Bama is great at stopping the run and has had one of the better power running games in the country the last few yrs (even if this yrs version is down a bit).. I think OU would be much better suited vs a passing team.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OU has been exposed. I just looking at the match up. OU is weak up front with an excellent secondary. OU needs to run the ball to have success. I think we would agree with that. Bama is great at stopping the run and has had one of the better power running games in the country the last few yrs (even if this yrs version is down a bit).. I think OU would be much better suited vs a passing team.

I think OU will be able to play man to man on Bama's receivers and put more in the box to slow down the run game. OU's 'D' is capable of keeping close.

The only real question for me, how well will Heuple call a game.
If Heuple hadn't been brain dead OU would played Tex a much better game, should have put Knight in, it was obvious that Bell wasn't getting anything done.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OU will be able to play man to man on Bama's receivers and put more in the box to slow down the run game. OU's 'D' is capable of keeping close.

The only real question for me, how well will Heuple call a game.
If Heuple hadn't been brain dead OU would played Tex a much better game, should have put Knight in, it was obvious that Bell wasn't getting anything done.
-
if OU can not run the ball effectively they are dead men walking. I really do not see OU running the ball on Bama. They may need to run some of that triple option look they ran vs OSU, but I did not see them run it after the starter went down.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

I have a feeling Mariotta is going to eclipse what BYU's QB did to us in rushing yards. Oregon just needs to run the QB option all day. Our players and coaches are to fucking stupid to stop that one play.....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Mariotta is going to eclipse what BYU's QB did to us in rushing yards. Oregon just needs to run the QB option all day. Our players and coaches are to fucking stupid to stop that one play.....

I have a feeling you will see a coming out party for true Freshman Thomas Tyner. With Marshall out @ RB likely.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-
if OU can not run the ball effectively they are dead men walking. I really do not see OU running the ball on Bama. They may need to run some of that triple option look they ran vs OSU, but I did not see them run it after the starter went down.

Oh I'm not saying OU will win, but they can keep it close, I just don't see Bama running us out of the stadium. Like I said, disrespect is a big motivator for the coaches but mainly the players.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not saying OU will win, but they can keep it close, I just don't see Bama running us out of the stadium. Like I said, disrespect is a big motivator for the coaches but mainly the players.
-
great thing about Bama is they are happy to take a 10 minute TD drive, so scores tend not to get to embarrassing. Oregon on the other hand...

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it could be a good game. Bama hasn't been near as disciplined this season and it has shown. Hopefully losing to awwbun subsided some the complacency issues that Bama seems to be having this season and they come out hungry. I'd like to see McCarron leave on a good note. By no means has this game been decided yet.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-
great thing about Bama is they are happy to take a 10 minute TD drive, so scores tend not to get to embarrassing. Oregon on the other hand...

True, but you have to make them take those long drives, don't give them anything easy. I see a game much like the OU-OSU game, they were the better team, they just got out coached and out played because nobody gave them a chance.