• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle for the silver boot continues in Houston 05/11-05/13

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying before the season.

I don’t know why they brought Barnette back.

I think he and odor are similar players. They had one good year and they’re still living off it. Both of them suck ass now.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is plenty of blame to share on this club without singling out Odor. I have no allusions. This is a year of development. Some improve like DDJ

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying before the season.

I don’t know why they brought Barnette back.

I think he and odor are similar players. They had one good year and they’re still living off it. Both of them suck ass now.

Barnette is a guy who could not hack it in the bigs and recreated himself in Japan. Older guy

Odor is a young kid with talent and athletic but a lot to learn about pitch selection in a high pressure environment.

Did Barnette come back on a reduced offer?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is plenty of blame to share on this club without singling out Odor. I have no allusions. This is a year of development. Some improve like DDJ
I think some have forgotten this and think we are playing for a title. Now is the time to see who can and can not play for future titles.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some have forgotten this and think we are playing for a title. Now is the time to see who can and can not play for future titles.

I understand that we’re not playing for anything, but the fans who still watch this team would rather not see a second baseman strike out almost everytime he comes to the plate.

Audition someone else who might contribute something of value.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that we’re not playing for anything, but the fans who still watch this team would rather not see a second baseman strike out almost everytime he comes to the plate.

Not likely when you're due $49 Mil

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And really they should not sit him but Profar needs to play as well. Banny needs to get regular time for them both after Elvis comes back.

We shall see if talent is moved at the break to open up playing time for a number of players

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor needs to be singled out. He was terrible last year, in spring training and so far this year. He was rated as the worse position player in the American League last year. And Banny played him all 162 games last year. When is enough, enough.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s not a good excuse. He has shown ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ever since he received that contract. We have almost 200 regular season games of evidence, lots of spring training games, and his rehab stint he went something like 3 for 17.

Face it.... the guy sucks. I have given up on him. I’ll admit it. I don’t care. I’ll freaking eat crow if he turns it around, but I’ll bet my house on it that he doesn’t.

I root for him to get out when he comes up. I want him to go down to the minors and work on some shit.

We’re wasting a slot in the lineup with him out there. I think most other organizations would’ve done something by now.

I’m starting to think he has incriminating photos of someone in the front office or nude pics of banny’s daughter that he’d threaten to release if not put into the lineup because there is no justifiable reason he should be playing everyday given his extensive body of work since receiving his contract.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably only die hard fans watching minus social outings at the ballpark. Now despite past postings we are a it going to bring another guy up from minors like Mendes and burn a roster spot with a guy with less talent. Odor needs to learn if possible like Gallo did who you probably wrote off too. And now Gallo needs to learn a few more things.

We are paying the man so he needs to learn this year.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have given up on him. I’ll admit it. I don’t care. I’ll freaking eat crow if he turns it around, but I’ll bet my house on it that he doesn’t..

Maybe you should just change your avi instead of betting your house.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not a good excuse. He has shown ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ever since he received that contract. We have almost 200 regular season games of evidence, lots of spring training games, and his rehab stint he went something like 3 for 17.

Face it.... the guy sucks. I have given up on him. I’ll admit it. I don’t care. I’ll freaking eat crow if he turns it around, but I’ll bet my house on it that he doesn’t.

I root for him to get out when he comes up. I want him to go down to the minors and work on some shit.

We’re wasting a slot in the lineup with him out there. I think most other organizations would’ve done something by now.

I’m starting to think he has incriminating photos of someone in the front office or nude pics of banny’s daughter that he’d threaten to release if not put into the lineup because there is no justifiable reason he should be playing everyday given his extensive body of work since receiving his contract.
I don't look for him to turn around either but I do know his contract will keep him in the line up till there is no doubt ,to the one paying him, that he is absolutely convinced he can't make the come back. You should understand that if you leave personal feelings out. If it were your money and your decision that put him under this crazy contract you would do the same.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Punk baseball that ticks me off

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves seem like they’d be a good trade partner for hamels.

They can score, but desperately need pitching. Think they’d have the balls to trade with JD again after the teixera trade?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably only die hard fans watching minus social outings at the ballpark. Now despite past postings we are a it going to bring another guy up from minors like Mendes and burn a roster spot with a guy with less talent. Odor needs to learn if possible like Gallo did who you probably wrote off too. And now Gallo needs to learn a few more things.

We are paying the man so he needs to learn this year.
The analogy between Odor and Gallo doesn't work.

If they want to keep Odor and give Proar 800 consistent AB at 2B and see how he does that is fine with me. Let Odor sit until the next time Profar gets hurt after he has had 800 AB playing every day.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting the size of the contract determine who plays is a terrible way to make a decision. If that is truly how decisions are being made we have a lot bigger problem than Odor or even the whole roster. That could be the case though. There have been some real head scratchers this year when it come to management decisions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves seem like they’d be a good trade partner for hamels.

They can score, but desperately need pitching. Think they’d have the balls to trade with JD again after the teixera trade?
That trade is an eternity ago now. They have no need to be ashamed of the trade any longer and JD has no reason to be proud of it any longer. It is ancient history now. There is a "what have you done for me lately" mentality in the sport.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if the organization needed any more good CF prospects, Eric Jenkins seems to be coming into his own this year.

We have more good CF prospects than we have teams to play them on.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The analogy between Odor and Gallo doesn't work.

If they want to keep Odor and give Proar 800 consistent AB at 2B and see how he does that is fine with me. Let Odor sit until the next time Profar gets hurt after he has had 800 AB playing every day.

Err ok ....
Well try this one.

You have a guy on third with less than 2 outs late game. The guy you can't count on currently is Gallo same as Odor. Both need to learn how to get the bat on the ball in these situation. Both have talent and needs to true it around and should. Maz is hitting well right now. Well it sure is nice to have to have Beltre in the lineup so you can see pitches.

Beltre is the guy I want with the game on the line needing contact. But the problem is he has Gallo following him and sees no pitches. Fortunately Gallo walked and Profar bailed him out and the two following failed.

But This has nothing to do with Profar who I like and have always liked but you, Snake and your crew don't seem to realize.

So the analogy does not work? SMH

Ok I will pile on again. Most of this board gave up on Gsllo last year but not me. I said llet him play but bat bottom of lineup. Right?

I am not ready to give up on Odor this year. If we were in contention, yes pencil in Profar but we are not.

Have you seen what Jeffress is doing? Stats look pretty good for BREWCREW. Quick to rush into judgment is not a good look

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade is an eternity ago now. They have no need to be ashamed of the trade any longer and JD has no reason to be proud of it any longer. It is ancient history now. There is a "what have you done for me lately" mentality in the sport.

Who says he is proud?

If the process is working fine, if not then we have a problem. My big beef with this team is pitcher development which has been addressed. I like LeClerc. I hated losing Ortiz, Edwards and THompson. Not counting lower levels although Matuella needs to pitch well and be ready soon

The Hickory club seems to be turning it around so there will be reinforcements but maybe that does not qualify for what have you done for me lately rhetoric.

Benny I give you a little grief because you are fairly articulate and handle it gracefully despite some bias IMO

For the record I don't always disagree with you