• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball ACC Play Week 1: @WF (1/7 noon), FSU (1/10 7pm), @BC (1/14 3pm)

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stopped watching our games for now. I am tired of seeing 3 guards throw the ball around the arc and then try something desperate at the end of the shot clock. Davila is setting ball screens outside the arc and then staying out there where he is useless and allows an extra defender to drop into the key. The lack of adjustments at half time kills us every game. Just tired of the same ole crap that has cost us before and will cost us until something drastic changes

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davila is setting ball screens outside the arc and then staying out there where he is useless and allows an extra defender to drop into the key.

anything Davila-related makes me want to gouge my eyes out

w0108-bkc-wf-cara

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some mighty fine stone hands you have there :yo:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, who am I kidding. No he can't. We're blowing winnable games and we haven't even reached the toughest part of our schedule. Mr. Weaver, I suggest you start typing up a coaching candidate's wish list.
seth-greenberg.jpg

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously... fellas...

Let's not completely lose perspective. Under Ricky Stokes we'd be fucking amazed we lost to Wake by less than 20.

I need to keep the faith for at least a little longer. I've got four tix to the game at the JPJ in C'ville and two for the tilt at Comcast.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously... fellas...

Let's not completely lose perspective. Under Ricky Stokes we'd be fucking amazed we lost to Wake by less than 20.

I understand, but that was also NINE years ago.. We have definitely seen the recruiting talent improve under Seth, but the development is what is starting to make me think its time for a change. Our players are barely improving in terms of skill, and definitely not when it comes to decision making. It is inexcusable that the recruiting class of Delaney, Allen, Bell, et al did not make the tourney once. at all... Recruiting would obviously improve when you join the ACC and build a state of the art basketball center.

I am fine giving him the benefit of the doubt this year considering our 'senior leaders' are 2-14 Zo and Deadbeat Davila, but if next year is anything like the this year and last, it's time for him to go.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Greenberg gets all of next season and if he doesn't make the tournament he's out. I didn't expect much out of the team this year. Too many freshman. I can't blame Greenberg for Hudson's lackluster season either, but the overall poor offense is his fault. I don't think he will get fired this season no matter what, because he is working with a lot of freshman and he will be given the benefit of the doubt by Weaver for taking this program from nothing to... something.

All of the freshman look promising and you see the most improvement in the sophomore year. If he doesn't produce a NCAA tournament bid next season I think he's out.

I'm not attacking you but the "freshman and sophomore" argument is outdated. This isn't 15 years ago when kids still stayed all 4 years of school. Good teams find ways to win with underclassmen.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not attacking you but the "freshman and sophomore" argument is outdated. This isn't 15 years ago when kids still stayed all 4 years of school. Good teams find ways to win with underclassmen.

Only the elite teams bring in freshman and win with them. Most other teams only win when they have a senior-laden team. There are about 10-15 freshman a year that immediately make a huge impact and are NBA ready out of high school. None of VT's freshman are near that right now. They are all good at certain things, but overall need improvement. DFS needs about 15 pounds of muscle before he can improve. Brown needs to be more consistent on defense and driving the ball. Rankin and Barksdale have their own things they need to improve on. As I said, the most improvement comes in the sophomore year. With Green running the PG as a senior next year, I have very high expectations for this team.

I'm not 100% behind Greenberg because clearly his scheming and offense has been terrible this year (as it has always been). But he recruited 4 players that have great potential, and they are still a year away from hitting their stride. I think Weaver will give him a break this season if they fall short, but next season is the last straw.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BC just beat Clemson, who killed Florida State...so i'm not getting my hopes up. That said it's still a game we should win.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, i see NCSU has a 30 point lead at Wake. How the crap did Greenberg let VT lose to these guys

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth w a fresh shirt