• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G/Realignment/Play-Off's

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which of those teams beat 5 ranked teams?

Spin master, we weren't discussing who beat top 5 teams. I am just showing you how idiotic your head to head comparison of "who beat who worse" was dumb.

And it back fired on you. Keep spinning Sakau.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin master, we weren't discussing who beat top 5 teams. I am just showing you how idiotic your head to head comparison of "who beat who worse" was dumb.

And it back fired on you. Keep spinning Sakau.

it didn't backfire on me, because i never claimed byu was better than oregon.

i didn't realize strawmanning was a major at NikeU

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random, but the big 12 seems far better off than the B1G, even with a bad Texas team.

They're better off with TCU and WVU? The revenue sharing dispute basically blew up the conference. Losing Colorado probably didn't make much of a difference but I think losing Nebraska, Mizzou, and A&M hurt the conference overall.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Pimping an FCS team and an average MAC team? I've seen it all. Neither of these programs get players. They are consistently outside the top 100 in recruiting. Sure they'll get some transfers but the talent gap for a big 10 team compared to them should be over whelming.

And yet top tier FCS teams beat FBS teams every single year and MAC teams are constantly in the top 20-25 every year as well. Listen Im not "pimping" anyone. Im saying UNI is better than 3 or 4 teams in the B10 ( and they are ), and Ball State is better than 3 or 4 teams in the B10 ( and they are ). I honestly dont give a shit about recruiting because that is all biased nonsense anyway. I care about performance and those teams Iowa played are likely top 75 type teams, not great but still likely 5-7 win teams in a Power 5 league. Certainly at the level of an Illinois, a Washington State, an Iowa State, a Kentucky or a Virginia. Nothing to brag about but I 100% dont consider a win over Wazzu or Kentucky any better than I do Ball State, frankly its probably not as good as a win over Ball State

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight, a Syracuse fan whose team squeaked by FCS Villanova 27-26 in 2 OTs in the first week is giving shit to the Big 10?

A team that is in a conference with an all time 291-29-2 record amongst it's current members (Big 10 is 142-11) against FCS teams and has recently had a conference champion lose to an FCS team and later win the conference in the same year?

Good luck @ Central Michigan this weekend Jonvi.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're better off with TCU and WVU? The revenue sharing dispute basically blew up the conference. Losing Colorado probably didn't make much of a difference but I think losing Nebraska, Mizzou, and A&M hurt the conference overall.

Sir, do I need to remind you that CU has a top notch ski team??

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man some people are really pimpin FCS teams. I won't do that, but man have ya'll seen BYU? BYU looks like a legit playoff team, they'd beat most FCS schools.
FIFY

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people squash crappy FCS teams and then laugh at teams that struggle against the top tier FCS schools.

Top tier FCS schools are as good as low-mid lvl p5 schools, in most of the p5 conferences anyway.

We won 4 games in 2013. We played the 2013 FCS runner up Saturday.

Beat em 54-0

:stephena:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won 4 games in 2013. We played the 2013 FCS runner up Saturday.

Beat em 54-0

:stephena:

You mean the unranked, winless Towson Tigers?

Congratulations. You guys must be really good.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight, a Syracuse fan whose team squeaked by FCS Villanova 27-26 in 2 OTs in the first week is giving shit to the Big 10?

A team that is in a conference with an all time 291-29-2 record amongst it's current members (Big 10 is 142-11) against FCS teams and has recently had a conference champion lose to an FCS team and later win the conference in the same year?

Good luck @ Central Michigan this weekend Jonvi.

Thank you. I'm hoping my boys are able to rebound ... but who knows.

If you're confused on the subject, it was about the top of the B10 and the play off's. If you want to bring SU into it, ok....but SU isn't the top of the ACC a play off spot doesn't look likely.

MSU and tOSU were/are the B10s studs trying for a play off spot.

I consider Oregon a team trying for a play off spot. They are still on track. USC is looking damn good if they can keep their boys heatlhy.

FSU leads the ACC and still seem to be on course.

And bama hasn't hurt their chances.

The B1G....not so much.

And pointing out how the B1G went after TV's and not sports is a side topic if you want to discuss that one too. Rutgers and MD is going to do nothing on the field. Hopefully the money is still good enough as those tv's tune into the play off's.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And pointing out how the B1G went after TV's and not sports is a side topic if you want to discuss that one too. Rutgers and MD is going to do nothing on the field. Hopefully the money is still good enough as those tv's tune into the play off's.

Pretty low bar of expectations placed in RU and UMD. Basically asking them to be somewhat competitive. Anything above and beyond that is icing on the cake.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's a problem for me. Conference alignment should be about sports. I can't help but feel the lack of production in the major two sports (fb & bb) MD and RU are going to provide little to the B1G.

UofL going to the ACC in bball and football will help when the traditional teams are down. SU brings one of the few profitable bball programs to the ACC. Even the side show known as ND can be a plus.

Mizz and A&M to the SEC have been great additions for the post season.

I'm not seeing the value in RU and MD. Rutgers and Maryland's worth is only good if the traditional B1G teams are good. That's when the TV money will be on.

The tOSU loss has caught me a bit off guard. And with MSU losing a head to head with Oregon, my thoughts are Oregon is holding a place away from the B1g.

That leaves only three more slots available for a play off bid. Bama and the SEC want two. FSU says they get one.

I'm not seeing much remaining for the B1G. It's a long season, but if the B1G is left out of the play off's, many will point back to last weekend....and to just what did Rutgers and Maryland bring to the table.?.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly the B1G should get used to missing the playoffs, not trolling just being honest.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, i kinda agree. the playoff picture for the BIG is meek.

I still think there is a shot for the B1G Championship winner if both participating teams win out. MSU's loss wasn't that bad to Oregon, Wiscy's loss to LSU wasn't bad either. Huskers and Iowa would have to go undefeated (which I'm realistic, won't happen). OSU's loss was kinda bad, but need to see how VT does this year.

obviously there are scenarios where this might be unlikely, for example undefeated teams in Big 12 and ACC with PAC12 and SEC champs. if you end up with a whole bunch of 1 loss teams, that is where things will get really muddy and the B1G's perception would probably leave it as the odd man out.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there will be a lot of buyer's remorse on conferences going to 14 schools. It's great when there is no adversity. But first sign of trouble, we will see exactly which schools were against expansion. A super conference didn't work for the WAC (arguably very different than the B1G or SEC in terms of revenue and exposure) and it didn't work for the Big East. In time, the in-fighting will surface and cracks will begin to form.

I could be wrong of course. Time will tell. But this is why I think the BigXII is very wise to remain with only ten schools.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is up with Indiana running the ball so much?

Kevin Wilson still the coach up there....right?