• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 expansion

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I and others have been saying for months, conference networks are dead. The ship has sailed. No one is going to put up that kind of money for start up again.

The game is shifting, as mentioned by Pete Thamel:
"Texas still holds all the card...yes the Longhorns have had admin.turnover, football uncertainty and general athletic department dysfunction...When they do return to the open market, the distribution paradigm could have suitors like Amazon, Google, Facebook and Netflix. Texas' brand is considered infinitely more valuable than any others in the league. High end Texas games could be like prize fights (imagine what a Texas home game against Michigan, Notre Dame or USC could fetch on the open market?"

The world is changing, and Texas does not want to be locked into an old model that would limit them in eight years time.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I and others have been saying for months, conference networks are dead. The ship has sailed. No one is going to put up that kind of money for start up again.

The game is shifting, as mentioned by Pete Thamel:
"Texas still holds all the card...yes the Longhorns have had admin.turnover, football uncertainty and general athletic department dysfunction...When they do return to the open market, the distribution paradigm could have suitors like Amazon, Google, Facebook and Netflix. Texas' brand is considered infinitely more valuable than any others in the league. High end Texas games could be like prize fights (imagine what a Texas home game against Michigan, Notre Dame or USC could fetch on the open market?"

The world is changing, and Texas does not want to be locked into an old model that would limit them in eight years time.

What you are referencing has a lot of validity. That is why it is absolutely imperative Oklahoma do very well against UT in the several years so OUR brand is a hot commodity too. The next few RRSO's are going to have a huge impact on Oklahoma......even more so than they will on Texas which is already a choice school for broadcasters, etc.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are referencing has a lot of validity. That is why it is absolutely imperative Oklahoma do very well against UT in the several years so OUR brand is a hot commodity too. The next few RRSO's are going to have a huge impact on Oklahoma......even more so than they will on Texas which is already a choice school for broadcasters, etc.

and I think you guys are in luck here. Texas is getting better, and that can only help things.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as a side note, I for one am not going to like the future of distribution. I like it as is now: I can flip from one good game to another, and see many different games. With cable, I get all the channels games are on, all the conf networks.

in the future I'm afraid I wont be able to do this, as each game will have a price tag, and to purchase all the games I can see now will be pricey.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I think you guys are in luck here. Texas is getting better, and that can only help things.

We helped Charlie Strong keep his job the past couple of years. The least he can do is return the favor and lose to us a couple of times when you're ranked high.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We helped Charlie Strong keep his job the past couple of years. The least he can do is return the favor and lose to us a couple of times when you're ranked high.

Mack would comply, we'll have to see how Charlie feels on the matter.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack would comply, we'll have to see how Charlie feels on the matter.

Charlie won't do it for us. The guy is a pretty good coach and he's lucky against OU. He could fall face first into a wheelbarrow full of dicks and come out with a tit in his mouth.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, yall play that thing at night like yall should and stop being candy arses about it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, yall play that thing at night like yall should and stop being candy arses about it.

Won't happen as long as it's held at the state fair grounds.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Fair Park isn't the place to be after dark. But Dallas is doing quite a bit of revitalization south of I-30. Might be fine in a few years but it will probably be at Jerry's World by then.

I understand tradition and stuff, but I'd like to see them play it in Norman and Austin. I'm not a fan of neutral site games.

Hell, I even like the way the College Baseball playoffs are don. All at campus sites until Omaha.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is pitching itself.
Houston, BYU, and UConn are begging as well.
We might as well add Memphis, Tulane, and East Carolina also. Just go crazy.....

The thing is that OKLAHOMA and TEXAS are leaving, so who cares at this point.

The Sooners pushed all the right buttons and the Longhorns are finally willing to follow Oklahoma's lead.
I hate Boren, but his plan seems to have worked. Texas doesn't care anymore and will just follow OU.

Let the PAC-12 and Big 10 bidding war commence.
And Conference USA can reform like it was 1995.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is pitching itself.
We might as well add Memphis, Tulane, and East Carolina also. Just go crazy.....

The Sooners pushed all the right buttons and the Longhorns are finally willing to follow Oklahoma's lead.
I hate Boren, but his plan seems to have worked. Texas doesn't care anymore and will just follow OU.

I'm not convinced Texas will leave yet. Certainly it's nice to be in a stable conference for traditional powers but outside of football and maybe basketball, how crazy will the travel bills be for those olympics sports? Also Texas won't be top dog calling majority of the shots, they will be just another vote like everyone else. Is Texas really ready for that?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT IS THE FUCKING BIG DEAL ABOUT CORNDOGS?

WE DON'T NEED TO PLAY IN DALLAS ANYMORE. THEIR STATE FAIRGROUNDS IS STILL NOT HERE. IT'S THERE.

END IT. HOME AND HOME.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT IS THE FUCKING BIG DEAL ABOUT CORNDOGS?

WE DON'T NEED TO PLAY IN DALLAS ANYMORE. THEIR STATE FAIRGROUNDS IS STILL NOT HERE. IT'S THERE.

END IT. HOME AND HOME.
That's a great point, if the fair cant assure safety for fans then the game should not be played there.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is pitching itself.

Uconn? How far is it from Austin, Texas to Storrs, Ct? Or a private school like Baylor? Could they afford to send their baseball team on a road trip to Connecticut. And from a Uconn perspective, every trip except West Virginia would be a nightmare. Is this a serious consideration.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uconn? How far is it from Austin, Texas to Storrs, Ct? Or a private school like Baylor? Could they afford to send their baseball team on a road trip to Connecticut. And from a Uconn perspective, every trip except West Virginia would be a nightmare. Is this a serious consideration.
No they are just throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Around 1900 miles.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably close to the same distance as it is from Provo, UT to Morgantown, WV...if they were to add BYU.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably close to the same distance as it is from Provo, UT to Morgantown, WV...if they were to add BYU.

It seems like adding either of these teams would be a disaster for all non football teams in the league. Probably the same issue with any of the Florida teams as well.