• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 predictions

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nebraska can beat Creighton in Omaha tomorrow night, I give them a good chance of pulling a couple of upsets in Lincoln come conference play. If they do that then I give them a very slim chance of making the tourney as a very low seed.

Too soon IMO.

My expectations are hosting NIT and that would be great for a 2nd year coach who essentially started from scratch.

I feel good about tourney in year 3 (2014/15)

Even an NIT berth would be awesome for the Huskers in year 2 of the Miles regime. With the new arena and the excitement around the program that would build you would have a really solid shot at a tourney bid next year IMO

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not writing off Michigan but they are no better than the 5th best team in the B10 even if they do find some consistent PG play. That said 5th place got them a trip to the NCAA Finals last year so theres that :) LOL

They're basically the opposite of the Badgers. The Badgers style is predicated to dominate the big ten as they 're normally top 3. However it doesn't appear to work that way for the tourney as they struggle in the early rounds with exception of a couple years. This year it could be the opposite with their offense exploding but defense struggling early except the last game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're basically the opposite of the Badgers. The Badgers style is predicated to dominate the big ten as they 're normally top 3. However it doesn't appear to work that way for the tourney as they struggle in the early rounds with exception of a couple years. This year it could be the opposite with their offense exploding but defense struggling early except the last game.

There are for sure a certain segment of teams that are ( at least recently ) built around a certain type of physical play, defense and fundamentals that do exceedingly well in the regular season but struggle in the tournament where play tends to open up because they call the game much closer ( Wisconsin, Georgetown, K State etc etc). Tourney play favors teams that can score and that creat a frenetic pace generally.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this must be a record of some sort. Three straight alley oops by all white guys for Wisconsin. Take that Duke, we stole all the most athletic white players. :)

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me how Wisconsin lost that exhibition game? Played only reserves? Started only freshmen? Blew a 20 point lead? Cause they're a pretty good team.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nvm...it was over the summer in Canada.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me how Wisconsin lost that exhibition game? Played only reserves? Started only freshmen? Blew a 20 point lead? Cause they're a pretty good team.

Don't know and don't care about exhibition game.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the 5 white man lineup Phi Slamma Jamma shit from Kaminsky and Dekker.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not writing off Michigan but they are no better than the 5th best team in the B10 even if they do find some consistent PG play. That said 5th place got them a trip to the NCAA Finals last year so theres that :) LOL

Michigan will need more than consistent PG play. They need McGary back to NCAA Tourney form and an aggressive GR3. The good news for every other team is that it may take some time for that to happen (if it happens at all). The bad news for every other team is if Walton develops into the player he's projected to be, this season, Michigan will wipe the floor with a lot of good teams. Michigan has a 20 point scorer at every position + Walton. Beilein just needs them all 100% and working together.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette kept it interesting. They will need a bit of work to make it to 4 consecutive Sweet 16s.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette kept it interesting. They will need a bit of work to make it to 4 consecutive Sweet 16s.

a lot of work. Defense is good enough to stay in the game with everyone.

But we are currently starting a senior walk on. Worst back court in history of high D1 basketball.

Mayo can't stay out of trouble or on the court.

Duane Wilson still out.

blahhh

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O and Jim Burr sucks.

These new rules have allowed him to make up fouls as he goes along.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Badgers really luck out on the scheduling this year. I look at it and I see 14-4. Combined with a presumed 13-0 nonconference record, this could be the first #1 seed team Wisconsin history. And the scary thing is that everyone is coming back next year if Dekker doesn't go pro. This could be a special two-year run, and hopefully they can give Bo the Final 4 he deserves.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Badgers really luck out on the scheduling this year. I look at it and I see 14-4. Combined with a presumed 13-0 nonconference record, this could be the first #1 seed team Wisconsin history. And the scary thing is that everyone is coming back next year if Dekker doesn't go pro. This could be a special two-year run, and hopefully they can give Bo the Final 4 he deserves.

WOW, I can't even imagine how good this team would be with all their players back next year. I don't think Decker will go pro this year. He has the talent but needs to grow up a little physically and has his share of mental errors as well. However, any given night he can go off for 20 and 10 easily and take over in the clutch. He's probably the most exciting player since Harris or to compare him to his position a Finley or Tucker. Tucker was more of a post player though so I would say he's more similar to a Finley with athleticism but is even longer.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not quite everyone. Ben Brust will be graduating. Other than that, everyone will be back.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 B10 teams in the top 38 of the RPI as we approach the end of OOC play. Thats GREAT news for the league as once league play starts its highly unlikely the top teams see too much of a dip in their RPI since they be playing each other a bunch. Should be at least a 7 bid league again this year, maybe more.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite everyone. Ben Brust will be graduating. Other than that, everyone will be back.

IMO Brust isn't much of a loss. I would honestly prefer both of Gasser and Koenig over Brust at the 2 spot right now. If the Badgers can get a legit big man to backup Kaminsky next year, they'll be tough to beat. God damn, looking at this team, Looney would have been a monster signing.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sold on the youngest Pitino at Minny, I want to see him coach against some of the greats that call the B1G home. They have some good pieces, but as baby Pitino going to be able to get them where they need to be?

I want to be a major homer, and talk about how this is Wisconsin's conference to win(at this point), but I still think Michigan State is far more talented.

I'm not sure I'm sold on Michigan, they haven't been too impressive. No Burke or Hardaway Jr and they're nowhere near the same team. I think they could eventually figure it out, but they're not better than fourth in conference. I really like Ohio State, I think think Ohio State will be a 3.

I love seeing Tom Crean struggle. He's struggling right now with a very talented roster. I don't know if Crean will get his team turned around, but I know they're way too talented.

I like Iowa, but can they be consistently good on the defensive end to finish in the top four? I'm not too sure, but I know they're deep and talented.

Northwestern is going through some growing pains. Chris Collins will eventually get them there, but not this year.

John Groce will do good things at Illinois. They'll get better as the year progresses, they're inexperienced.

Penn State has the best guard combo in the conference, but I don't think they have much else going for them.

Nebraska is Nebraska, Tim Miles is a likable guy, but they're not where they need to be yet.

Purdue, I love Matt Painter, great coach. I'm still not totally sure what kind of team he has. I think they could finish top half of the league.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Brust isn't much of a loss. I would honestly prefer both of Gasser and Koenig over Brust at the 2 spot right now. If the Badgers can get a legit big man to backup Kaminsky next year, they'll be tough to beat. God damn, looking at this team, Looney would have been a monster signing.

Nigel Hayes and Vitto Brown say hello. Neither guy have has the size of Kaminsky, but both guys can play and are bangers in my opinion.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sold on the youngest Pitino at Minny, I want to see him coach against some of the greats that call the B1G home. They have some good pieces, but as baby Pitino going to be able to get them where they need to be?

I want to be a major homer, and talk about how this is Wisconsin's conference to win(at this point), but I still think Michigan State is far more talented.

I'm not sure I'm sold on Michigan, they haven't been too impressive. No Burke or Hardaway Jr and they're nowhere near the same team. I think they could eventually figure it out, but they're not better than fourth in conference. I really like Ohio State, I think think Ohio State will be a 3.

I love seeing Tom Crean struggle. He's struggling right now with a very talented roster. I don't know if Crean will get his team turned around, but I know they're way too talented.

I like Iowa, but can they be consistently good on the defensive end to finish in the top four? I'm not too sure, but I know they're deep and talented.

Northwestern is going through some growing pains. Chris Collins will eventually get them there, but not this year.

John Groce will do good things at Illinois. They'll get better as the year progresses, they're inexperienced.

Penn State has the best guard combo in the conference, but I don't think they have much else going for them.

Nebraska is Nebraska, Tim Miles is a likable guy, but they're not where they need to be yet.

Purdue, I love Matt Painter, great coach. I'm still not totally sure what kind of team he has. I think they could finish top half of the league.

Honestly I dont know if Iowa needs to be consistently good on D to finish in the top 4. There arent very many temas in the B10 that are going to outscore Iowa if they play well on offense. Iowa needs to improve the D to win the B10. To finish top 4 I just really dont think they need too because they are so talented on the other end.