• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Awbun at Ole Miss SECN now

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear/rebel guise are experiencing a buttload of buyer's remorse at this point I'll bet.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and once again, Ole Miss watches their season slide into irrelevancy after facing Bama.

Almost like clockwork.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please they beat you 2 years in a row...getting a little big in the head there Bubba.
... also referring to when they did beat Bama two years in a row, fella.

Their seasons subsequently sank into also-ran irrelevancy, while Bama recovered to move on to better things.

Ole Miss seems to blow their whole wad against the Tide each season, and then their seasons turn to crap.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Hugh Freeze.

VU63

Almost Charmingly Insane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,379.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their seasons subsequently sank into also-ran irrelevancy, while Bama recovered to move on to better things.

Ole Miss seems to blow their whole wad against the Tide each season, and then their seasons turn to crap.
yep glad we get them after the Bama game instead of before as normal

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their seasons subsequently sank into also-ran irrelevancy, and Bama recovered to move on to better things.

Auburn screwed them two years ago.
LSU has taken them a time or two.
It ain't all Bama.

It is Ole Miss who typically has a strong 22 but swallow depth so it's hard for them to last the season without injuries.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone that continued to rank Ole Miss bc they played Bama close for a half...

Yeah maybe THAT was the outlier.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone that continued to rank Ole Miss bc they played Bama close for a half...

The only team they've lost to that isn't currently ranked is Arkansas. Their schedule is brutal.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team they've lost to that isn't currently ranked is Arkansas. Their schedule is brutal.
Who cares? theyve lost 4 games and their best win is against a not good Georgia team. It's bullshit they were ranked at 3-3, even worse they received votes at 3-4. Fuck em.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? theyve lost 4 games and their best win is against a not good Georgia team. It's bullshit they were ranked at 3-3, even worse they received votes at 3-4. Fuck em.
You're just mad you lost to team that got beat by South Carolina ans are lashing out. You want to bitch then complain about Boise State, Western Michigan and Navy being ranked at all. Or for that matter the Big 12 teams.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just mad you lost to team that got beat by South Carolina ans are lashing out. You want to bitch then complain about Boise State, Western Michigan and Navy being ranked at all. Or for that matter the Big 12 teams.

:noidea:

Ole Miss being ranked has absolutely nothing to do with my team.

And why are you SEC nutswinging now?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

Ole Miss being ranked has absolutely nothing to do with my team.

And why are you SEC nutswinging now?
I'm not just pointing out facts. Your railing on Ole Miss but there are plenty of teams in the top 25 they would beat and it's not really debatable. Wins & losses just don't tell the whole story.

AnotherVoice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ole Miss didn't just play Alabama close for a half... they kicked their ass for all but a couple of minutes of the first half... made Bama look like a B-Team.

Where the Rebels went wrong in that game was all on Hugh Freeze. Getting the ball with 2 minutes in the half and up 24-3, instead of having Kelly & Company score another 7 and put Bama down 31-3 at the half, Freeze INSTEAD tried to run out the clock. It didn't work, Ole Miss punted and Bama scored quickly and cut the lead to 24-10. They got first possession of the second half, scored to cut the lead to 24-17 and it was a brand new ball game at that point.

Ever since Freeze made that dreadful decision, the Ole Miss season has gone to crap, because Freeze bummed them out and they have never recovered.

Freeze is a fantastic recruiter, is one of the best coaches in the land at preparing his team to play any team, but then is HORRIBLE as an in-game coach with his questionable play-calling and lack of making proper adjustments at halftime.

Someone let him know that, for around $200,000 a year, I'll sign on with them, call the plays for them, make the adjustments for them, and have them winning it all starting next season. :thumb:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss didn't just play Alabama close for a half... they kicked their ass for all but a couple of minutes of the first half... made Bama look like a B-Team.

Where the Rebels went wrong in that game was all on Hugh Freeze. Getting the ball with 2 minutes in the half and up 24-3, instead of having Kelly & Company score another 7 and put Bama down 31-3 at the half, Freeze INSTEAD tried to run out the clock. It didn't work, Ole Miss punted and Bama scored quickly and cut the lead to 24-10. They got first possession of the second half, scored to cut the lead to 24-17 and it was a brand new ball game at that point.

Ever since Freeze made that dreadful decision, the Ole Miss season has gone to crap, because Freeze bummed them out and they have never recovered.

Freeze is a fantastic recruiter, is one of the best coaches in the land at preparing his team to play any team, but then is HORRIBLE as an in-game coach with his questionable play-calling and lack of making proper adjustments at halftime.

Someone let him know that, for around $200,000 a year, I'll sign on with them, call the plays for them, make the adjustments for them, and have them winning it all starting next season. :thumb:
What a bargain! I don't see why Ole Miss wouldn't jump all over this opportunity....natty on a platter.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What game did you watch. Bama made it 24-10 after taking the ball at the 50 and scoring in 3 plays after a kickoff out of bounds and a 15 yard penalty. There was about 5 minutes left in the half. This was after the refs screwed up on the sack/fumble/TD when a block in the back occurred at the 30 yard line before the guy scored on the TD that gave Ole Miss a 24-3 lead. Eddie Jackson returned a punt before the half to make it 24-17 game at the half. Bama evened the game early in the 3rd quarter with their own sack/fumble/TD.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they have five "quality" losses. :L:trash: