• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awards

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is I think the overall reaction mimics Buster Posey's understated approach to everything.

It's almost like watching Joe Montana..full appreciation comes after he is gone.

My favorite Buster Posey story was with Krukow in an elevator the night after winning 2010.
Kruk "(paraphrasing) you know, winning the world series doesn't happen every year.."
Buster's response "why not?"

With Buster, it is never about him. Whenever he gets an award, he always talks about everybody else. I really was impressed by Buster's ROY speech, where he thanked a bunch of people, and then a long thank you to *his parents*, because (paraphrasing) "he wouldn't be the person he is today if it weren't for them".

Buster really is one of a kind.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pence and Pagan each with a 10th place vote and Posey with 27 1st place, 4 2nd place and 1 3rd place votes. This is OK, although I do not understand Pence getting any votes at all.

However...

How could Scoots not get a single vote, the way he picked up the team since the trade? God, I hate the media...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pence and Pagan each with a 10th place vote and Posey with 27 1st place, 4 2nd place and 1 3rd place votes. This is OK, although I do not understand Pence getting any votes at all.

However...

How could Scoots not get a single vote, the way he picked up the team since the trade? God, I hate the media...

Because it was all due to Pence hitting a few of spots behind him. Scoots saw nothing but fastballs.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it was all due to Pence hitting a few of spots behind him. Scoots saw nothing but fastballs.

lol, :pizza:

I can see a future where this site (or at least some of our "opinions") is looked upon as ignorant due to some of the inside jokes that will be unexplained/unexamined.

A question to you though.....would a team full of Velez' ever face anything other than the ol' "#1"?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I can see a future where this site (or at least some of our "opinions") is looked upon as ignorant due to some of the inside jokes that will be unexplained/unexamined.

The future? I half expect msgking to rake me over the coals in a couple of posts.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

A question to you though.....would a team full of Velez' ever face anything other than the ol' "#1"?

No. And there is no telling how good that team would be, since every Velez makes every other Velez better. A never ending feedback loop to infinite WAR?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. And there is no telling how good that team would be, since every Velez makes every other Velez better. A never ending feedback loop to infinite WAR?

Agreed.....man, throw in a couple Nick Lowery's for the pitching staff and you have.....well, you have.....God?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Posey...

Silver Slugger (2012)
MVP (2012)
ROY (2010)
CPOY (2012)
World Series Ring (2010, 2012)
Golden Spikes (2008)

Dude is a beast

To be fair...

Tim Lincecum...

CY (2008, 2009)
World Series Ring (2010, 2012)
Golden Spikes (2006)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is I think the overall reaction mimics Buster Posey's understated approach to everything.

It's almost like watching Joe Montana..full appreciation comes after he is gone.

My favorite Buster Posey story was with Krukow in an elevator the night after winning 2010.
Kruk "(paraphrasing) you know, winning the world series doesn't happen every year.."

I remember that story too but it was closer to "You know, it's not supposed to be this easy every year" if I recall.

Big kudos to Buster, I said it before the guy just has Hall of Fame written all over him. You can just tell he's born to rule this game. And I bet he ends up a good manager someday too.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Buster, it is never about him. Whenever he gets an award, he always talks about everybody else. I really was impressed by Buster's ROY speech, where he thanked a bunch of people, and then a long thank you to *his parents*, because (paraphrasing) "he wouldn't be the person he is today if it weren't for them".

Buster really is one of a kind.

Here's what he posted on Facebook:

"This truly caps off an amazing year! Many people contributed to winning this award. Thank you for your support throughout the season!"

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that story too but it was closer to "You know, it's not supposed to be this easy every year" if I recall.

Big kudos to Buster, I said it before the guy just has Hall of Fame written all over him. You can just tell he's born to rule this game. And I bet he ends up a good manager someday too.

Yes, that one!

It sums up Buster Posey's mentality perfectly, quiet confidence, speak softly and carry a big stick, etc etc

It's the perfect answer to all the Giants critics who say they can't do _______.

"why not?"

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hope I don't get spoiled as a Giants fan because it really doesn't get any better than this.

Team awards, individual awards, a perfect game, nationwide respect - Giants 2012

One of the Greatest years All-time for this franchise.

One of the first people Posey thanked were the training staff and the doctors for "fixing him up". What a great, humble guy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Greatest years All-time for this franchise.

One of the first people Posey thanked were the training staff and the doctors for "fixing him up". What a great, humble guy.

For sure. Take away "56", and there is no question it was the greatest season in the history of the org.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. Take away "56", and there is no question it was the greatest season in the history of the org.

56?

Not catching the significance if this is a reference to a year, but probably not, knowing the nefarious ways of Cal. I don't see a 56 on the roster. Could I be a "dunce" and think Cal means 1954? I am just not seeing it, but then again, it is 4:56 a.m. and I can't sleep.

A wonderful, wonderful year. Perhaps the wonderfullest year I have known as a Giants fan.

OzzieGiant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A wonderful, wonderful year. Perhaps the wonderfullest year I have known as a Giants fan.

Is it better than 2010??? I can't decide - I keep swinging both ways (yea I know us ozzies are weird) this year was great but a rookie leading us to unheard of glory just looms very large in my mind.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
56?

Not catching the significance if this is a reference to a year, but probably not, knowing the nefarious ways of Cal. I don't see a 56 on the roster. Could I be a "dunce" and think Cal means 1954? I am just not seeing it, but then again, it is 4:56 a.m. and I can't sleep.

2010 was the first ring in 56 years...