• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avengers 3: Infinity War (2018)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I don't care if you like it, but don't lie to my face and tell me it is quality kino :tongue:
Quality was never part of the convo. You said no one wanted this movie, and the studios were just making it because they could. Well, the fact that even the bad MCU movies (Ultron, Thor 2) made HUGE money says that lots of people want this, regardless of quality.

Call it dreck. Call it stupid. But to say no one wants it I see akin to saying “no one goes there anymore because the crowds are too big”

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the 4th Avengers movie still Infinity War part 2? Because if not, what is there left to do after that? Also, am I the only one who thought Age of Ultron was far inferior to the original? I like the dark tone of this movie. Age of Ultron tried too hard with the humor.
I read that many of the contracts are up after A4, and they are going out with a bang, killing off several characters. Hope so, make it epic

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that many of the contracts are up after A4, and they are going out with a bang, killing off several characters. Hope so, make it epic
Here are my guesses to who may be in danger in the IW movies...

Black Widow
Hawkeye
Vision
Scarlett Witch
Captain America
Ironman
Bucky (doubtful, but I have seen some theories)
Fury (how anticlimactic would that be, though?)

Here is my guess for who I think is 100% safe...

Black Panther
Spider-Man
Antman
Captain Marvel
All the Guardians
Thor
Dr Strange
Falcon
All Defenders (if they actually make appearances, which I doubt)

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sheep follow nicely. They won't get a shekel off of me for anther CGI borefest.
You said "nobody asked for it"... The fact that just the trailer basically broke the internet today seems to show that a lot of people are interested. Not you cup of tea? That's fine.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said "nobody asked for it"... The fact that just the trailer basically broke the internet today seems to show that a lot of people are interested. Not you cup of tea? That's fine.
I didn't know that comment would rile so many up. I take it back, these movies make bank. The numbers don't lie.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Widow
Hawkeye
Vision
Scarlett Witch
Captain America
Ironman

Black Panther
Spider-Man
Antman
Captain Marvel
All the Guardians
Thor
Dr Strange
Falcon

Hawkeye and Black Widow I can definitely see dying. Iron Man, maybe. I can also see Falcon dying, I can see Winter Soldier dying, but that's really about it. Hulk was on my mind at the very beginning but not so much anymore. The interesting thing with the love story with Vision and Scarlet Witch is that I could see one of them dying and the other dying while fighting to try and avenge (pun intended) the other's death.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye and Black Widow I can definitely see dying. Iron Man, maybe. I can also see Falcon dying, I can see Winter Soldier dying, but that's really about it. Hulk was on my mind at the very beginning but not so much anymore. The interesting thing with the love story with Vision and Scarlet Witch is that I could see one of them dying and the other dying while fighting to try and avenge (pun intended) the other's death.
I think Hulk is safe mainly because Marvel doesn’t own him. Sony will not sever their main tie to the MCU.

I can see Vision dying rather early as Thanos rips the gem right out of his head. Then, as you point out, SW will go psycho and get herself killed.

If they kill Rogers, than either Soldier or Falcon will pick up the shield, so I think AT LEAST one of them are safe.

If they want to make either Strange or Marvel the new face of the franchise, than they pretty much have to kill off Tony.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pretty much tells you that the majority of the current hero's of the MCU will no longer be with us after this movie.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Infinity War poster:

LzYg0Ht.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Widow
Hawkeye
Vision
Scarlett Witch
Captain America
Ironman

Black Panther
Spider-Man
Antman
Captain Marvel
All the Guardians
Thor
Dr Strange
Falcon
Vision is pretty much confirmed out of the action. SW and Cap I'd go as far as 90+% chance of being gone. Loki is probably dead, too.

SW leaving would make room for Captain Marvel sometime later. Dr Strange seems like the last domino. Time stone allows for some weird stuff so if he dies then the infinity wars are over. He is safe imo.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Spiderman right?
8 May have the studio wrong (is he Universal?), but no, I mean Hulk. Marvel does not own Hulk. Hulk is in the MCU only by agreement between the studios.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 May have the studio wrong (is he Universal?), but no, I mean Hulk. Marvel does not own Hulk. Hulk is in the MCU only by agreement between the studios.

That stuff is overly complicated... I checked it, and Marvel owns the Hulk, so they can use him as much as they want in any movie. They don't own the distribution rights to any Hulk solo movie, so that's not happening.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as this movie goes, I saw this posted before I saw the trailer and after watching it, I can't disagree.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vision is pretty much confirmed out of the action. SW and Cap I'd go as far as 90+% chance of being gone. Loki is probably dead, too.

SW leaving would make room for Captain Marvel sometime later. Dr Strange seems like the last domino. Time stone allows for some weird stuff so if he dies then the infinity wars are over. He is safe imo.
I think Loki will die after he gives the tesseract to Thanos. Thanos will decide that Loki is no longer useful to him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Loki will die after he gives the tesseract to Thanos. Thanos will decide that Loki is no longer useful to him.
My guess is that Loki stands with Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie not knowing that Thanos wiped out the Nova Corp and has the Power Stone that can destroy planets with a touch. Loki then creates a diversion that lets the others escape and he gets the martyrs death he desires from the Ragnarok play.

I could be way wrong but the trailer spoiled too much, imo.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the trailer again for about the 20th time. In the scene where they are at the Sanctum Sanctorum, Strange, Stark, Banner and Wong are standing against the stair case. If you look closely, Stark is holding a cell phone that looks a lot like the cell phone that Cap sent to him at the end of Civil War.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I've hated about superhero movie trailers. The first trailer, it's always gritty, it tells a story, it shows the passion from the main character. It's got this deep, low orchestral music to follow the trailer along, leading up to the strings just putting it on strong to the title screen.

The next trailers to be put out all have catchy up-beat old rock songs and it just makes it look like a comedy movie. What are you trying to sell us here, Marvel/DC? A gritty, character driven story about good versus evil or an up-beat comedic action movie where the good guys tell jokes to beat the bad guy? Guarantee you Avengers: Infinity War Trailer #2 is to the tune of some up tempo rock song that everyone has forgotten about.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the 4th Avengers movie still Infinity War part 2? Because if not, what is there left to do after that? Also, am I the only one who thought Age of Ultron was far inferior to the original? I like the dark tone of this movie. Age of Ultron tried too hard with the humor.

If they still plan on doing part 2 I can see this one ending with Thanos killing some heroes and finally getting all the Infinity Stones leaving it as a cliffhanger of how can he be stopped. And in Part 2 that's when the heroes win.