• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Avalanche vs Sharks 04.02.15

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so through with Joe Thornton.

In a 5-1 game vs the Avalanche, the only notable thing he did was high stick Joe Pavelski in the mouth because he was too lazy to keep his stick on the ice.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just think of TMac had given the reins to Stalock I dunno 25-30 games ago where this team might of been. I don't typically think management mettles with coaching decisions but im starting to wonder if they had something to do with nemo playing so much over stalock when stalock was showing he was the better goalie

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tmac has always been one to favor vets over younger players. That's why Hannan has played so much this year. The problem is Niemi never played bad enough to loose the job and Stalock never played good enough to steal the job. Part of the tat is because he's had very limited chances since Tmac favors the vets.

On a side note Tierney now has 15 points in 24 games since his last recall from Worcester playing primarily 3rd line duties. The kid can flat out play. A little work on his skating and some added strength he's going to be really good.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tmac has always been one to favor vets over younger players. That's why Hannan has played so much this year. The problem is Niemi never played bad enough to loose the job and Stalock never played good enough to steal the job. Part of the tat is because he's had very limited chances since Tmac favors the vets.

On a side note Tierney now has 15 points in 24 games since his last recall from Worcester playing primarily 3rd line duties. The kid can flat out play. A little work on his skating and some added strength he's going to be really good.

Yeah, he definitely is showing some flash. He and karlsson have been pretty nice little surprises.

Looking at the roster, they have a nice little package of youth with Cooch, wingels, nieto, hertl, karlsson, and tierney. Combined, all of them will cost just $13M or so on the cap. Add in Pavelski, and it's a respectable 7 of the top 9 forwards.

With that much youth at that little price, Dougie could be a really good position to rebuild without stepping back this summer. Just dealing patty and jumbo for some help on D and some picks/prospects could let those kids have a larger role and could position the sharks nicely for a long time. Mueller, Burns, Pickles, and Braun are signed, but to me dillon is absolute crap and should be moved. This is the summer for the big two to go, hopefully to add a top 4 Dman in a deal, and add a top 4 Dman and top 6 forward via UFA with the dollars saved from the big two. There are several possible targets at forward (williams, frolik, soderberg, stafford...), though fewer on D. Franson, Martin, or even mike green might be interesting.

The nice development of karlsson and tierney give dougie alot of options this summer. It's gotta start with ditching the old guys (particularly patty) who, to me, are taking the key ice time and key PP time from the future while producing sub par.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Oh I've bitched about that for years that tmacs goaltending management has been piss poor at best.

Agreed with Tierny should be interesting next season when he can put on some mass over the season and go to a skating school

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of interested to see what kind of player Barclay can turn into, I think he has the build to be a power forward but looks like he's still finding his game

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, he definitely is showing some flash. He and karlsson have been pretty nice little surprises.

Looking at the roster, they have a nice little package of youth with Cooch, wingels, nieto, hertl, karlsson, and tierney. Combined, all of them will cost just $13M or so on the cap. Add in Pavelski, and it's a respectable 7 of the top 9 forwards.

With that much youth at that little price, Dougie could be a really good position to rebuild without stepping back this summer. Just dealing patty and jumbo for some help on D and some picks/prospects could let those kids have a larger role and could position the sharks nicely for a long time. Mueller, Burns, Pickles, and Braun are signed, but to me dillon is absolute crap and should be moved. This is the summer for the big two to go, hopefully to add a top 4 Dman in a deal, and add a top 4 Dman and top 6 forward via UFA with the dollars saved from the big two. There are several possible targets at forward (williams, frolik, soderberg, stafford...), though fewer on D. Franson, Martin, or even mike green might be interesting.

The nice development of karlsson and tierney give dougie alot of options this summer. It's gotta start with ditching the old guys (particularly patty) who, to me, are taking the key ice time and key PP time from the future while producing sub par.

Forward lineup is fine if Burns is moved back up... And as me & Cmon talked bout in another thread, there are some decent UFA young guys they can sign... Saad is also a RFA and the hawks are strapped for cash. Using the money after ditching Marleau on him would be very worthwhile.... They need 3 top 4 d-men in this offseason - and putting Burns at forward is a MUST

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really expect that inept moron to be back next year?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I cant fucking believe they are thinking of starting Nemo tonight over Stalock what a fucking joke it's Stalocks job to lose now

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I cant fucking believe they are thinking of starting Nemo tonight over Stalock what a fucking joke it's Stalocks job to lose now

Stalock picked up whatever bug Niemi had. That's why he's not playing this game according to Kurz.