• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Attaboy Damien

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
People, people. Many ideas are unpopular, but over time become accepted because people change and times change. Once it was unpopular to suggest women should have the vote. Times changed. Once it was Canadian government policy to ship natives to residential schools. Now it's understood that was a bad idea.

sooo... is he saying the logo is a bad idea, or his article was a bad idea. I vote the latter.
you know someone has absolutely nothing to their argument when they resort to "I'm not saying personally that it's wrong, I just thought it was worthy of discussion". auto-fail.

I was never looking for others to agree with me, although some did....... Moreover, popular doesn't mean right. History sure tells us emphatically that the most popular beliefs were often the most wrongheaded.

what a spineless putz.
to paraphrase "I don't need validation by readers agreeing with me. but lookie lookie some did agree. so there."
because popular doesn't mean right.... seems he's trying to imply the corollary... that unpopular does mean right.
way to make a stand, Cochise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Damien Cox just invoke Godwin's Law in his article? Nice... I thought that was just for message board twits.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ermmm, to clarify, not Godwin's Law per se, but generally when you bring up things like women's rights and the treatment of the native americans, well... you know what I'm getting at here.