• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Atl. Braves @ NY Mets (6/12-14)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- Juan Lagares has nursed a balky right elbow as well as a strain in his right armpit area for much of the season. Still, New York Mets manager Terry Collins said Lagares sitting Saturday's game against Atlanta Braves is just a routine day off.

i

Rookie Darrell Ceciliani, who has been productive as a pinch hitter, will start in center field.

Collins cited Braves starter Shelby Miller's numbers against right-handed batters in part for selecting Saturday to sit Lagares. Miller, whose 1.84 ERA ranks second in the National League, has held righties to a .152 average this season. Lefties are hitting a not-exactly-robust .227 against Miller.

Lagares had started 17 straight games and 26 of the last 27.

Ceciliani, 24, is 3-for-11 with a double and an RBI as a pinch hitter, beginning with his major league debut on May 19. He singled and scored off the bench in Friday's series opener.

"I know he's a good outfielder," Collins said about Ceciliani. "Let's not compare him to Juan Lagares. Let's not go that far. But we know everybody needs a day. Juan's played every game but one. I thought today would be a day. We've got still a long stretch to go."

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very disappointing loss stolen from the jaws of victory.

TC gives another game away with his head scratching BP decisions. That being said, the infield defense played like little leaguers....and too many batters on this team haven't got a clue at the plate in key situations more often than I care to mention...
(1st pitch outs...failing to move runners up..looking at hittable pitches/swinging at garbage) yada..yada.

Rapid Reaction: Atlanta Braves top New York Mets 5-3 in 11 innings - Mets Blog - ESPN

Rubber game mañana.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3