• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Coaches Rumors and Hires

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was terrible with the Vikings. Not saying he can't be better in another situation but there is a reason he lasted just one year with the Vikings... Now, from my understanding is he could come in as passing coordinator and not the offensive coordinator but he really hasn't been impressive in any of his stints between college gigs, broncos and vikings gigs and from my knowledge he doesn't come all that recommended.
Paton doesn’t strike me as being obtuse. Why do you think him and/or Hackett would pursue an unimpressive dud?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton doesn’t strike me as being obtuse. Why do you think him and/or Hackett would pursue an unimpressive dud?

Because they are human? I don't know the answer to that. I can only tell you what I know/observe of them. I'm not saying I am right. I am not saying they are wrong. I am giving my opinion of the possibility. Not a fan. That is all. I can tell you the Vikings, their players and their fans were not happy with him. I can tell you his resume isn't impressive and that is really it. I'm simply not interested. My hope/thought is Kubiak family has been close to the organization, dad played here, coached in a Super Bowl here. Maybe we feel we at least owe him an interview?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are human? I don't know the answer to that. I can only tell you what I know/observe of them. I'm not saying I am right. I am not saying they are wrong. I am giving my opinion of the possibility. Not a fan. That is all. I can tell you the Vikings, their players and their fans were not happy with him. I can tell you his resume isn't impressive and that is really it. I'm simply not interested. My hope/thought is Kubiak family has been close to the organization, dad played here, coached in a Super Bowl here. Maybe we feel we at least owe him an interview?
Yeah, maybe. Has to be something. They would have to know about the discontent of the players and fans.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’d love to see: Raiders spurned Bisaccia for Joshie. His way of getting back at them is to sign up for a stint as Broncos ST coach.

Nothing like revenge as motivation.

Jags are interviewing him for their HC job today... They are seeming to go very slow with hiring someone after it appeared they might be the first to hire with the Leftwich rumors.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe. Has to be something. They would have to know about the discontent of the players and fans.

I think more then anything it is probably that he is Gary's son and has worked for Denver before.... It is about who ya know in this league.
It could also be for a smaller position which probably in reality is no big deal. I feel like Hackett is our O coordinator anyway.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was terrible with the Vikings. Not saying he can't be better in another situation but there is a reason he lasted just one year with the Vikings... Now, from my understanding is he could come in as passing coordinator and not the offensive coordinator but he really hasn't been impressive in any of his stints between college gigs, broncos and vikings gigs and from my knowledge he doesn't come all that recommended.
Fair enough. I know very little of him other than the family name. Wasn't the Vikings offense a top 15 unit this year?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to admit being a bit disappointed that Jason wasn’t allowed to come here as OC.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think more then anything it is probably that he is Gary's son and has worked for Denver before.... It is about who ya know in this league.
It could also be for a smaller position which probably in reality is no big deal. I feel like Hackett is our O coordinator anyway.
Definitely true ... Nepotism and familiarity can be a double edged sword - loyalty is one thing, but getting comfortable with certain people can be trouble in any situation ..... It certainly appears as if Mike Shanahan kept guys around as a way for keeping control of everything - here and in Washington ...

On the other hand, knowing the strengths of your staff and getting along personality-wise can be a good thing ... Vic had Ed Donatell, and that seemed to work .. but that was a professional relationship, two unrelated NFL men -- when you get into family and having your kids come in as coaches,, it's usually not a good thing ....

For what it;s worth, Klay Kubiak - Klint's younger brother - is on the 9ers staff in a defensive quality control position ... You gotta wonder if he would be on any NFL roster if a Shanahan wasn;t there to hire him

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the heck outta my way, I'm off to Vegas to destroy another franchise .. hahahahaaaaaaaaa !!!

mcd.jpg

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before you say you want nothing to do with Pep, go take a look at how Davis Mills started the year compared to how he ended the year.
I live in Houston. Have friend who works for the Texans. I want nothing to do with the toxic cluster from that organization. Whether it be players or coaches.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if this was Elway inserting himself in the process. SHOCKED, I say.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely true ... Nepotism and familiarity can be a double edged sword - loyalty is one thing, but getting comfortable with certain people can be trouble in any situation ..... It certainly appears as if Mike Shanahan kept guys around as a way for keeping control of everything - here and in Washington ...

On the other hand, knowing the strengths of your staff and getting along personality-wise can be a good thing ... Vic had Ed Donatell, and that seemed to work .. but that was a professional relationship, two unrelated NFL men -- when you get into family and having your kids come in as coaches,, it's usually not a good thing ....

For what it;s worth, Klay Kubiak - Klint's younger brother - is on the 9ers staff in a defensive quality control position ... You gotta wonder if he would be on any NFL roster if a Shanahan wasn;t there to hire him

Classic Example would be Britt Reid of the Chiefs (Andy's son) He was a graduate assistant at Temple then with all the legal issues he had Andy hired him on the Chiefs staff right away and quickly moved him up to a position coach. This one is a little different because it is father/son but he doesn't become a Chiefs position coach with his legal issues if it isn't for his dad on the staff.

I understand everyone has to start somewhere to prove themselves but.... You get the point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like good chance Chris Kuper is our OL coach. He has coached in similar schemes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klint Kubiak hired as passing game coordinator. Not a big deal here. Just didn't want him as the OC.

It feels like we are getting closer and closer to Kirk Cousins time in Denver. ;)