• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A's Rumor

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One industry source says he "knew" the Athletics would trade Josh Donaldson this winter, no matter how little baseball sense it made, because the All-Star and Beane were "at war" by season's end.
Multiple sources cite a verbal altercation between the two after Donaldson told manager Bob Melvin he needed a couple of days off after Oakland had played several days in a row. The story goes, Beane told Donaldson if he needed a couple of days off, the club should put him on the disabled list, and that made Donaldson unhappy.
While both Donaldson and Beane downplayed the incident in a couple of texts to the San Francisco Chronicle's terrific baseball writer, John Shea, the industry source described a different scenario to Bleacher Report.
"Donaldson told the manager he needed a blow, and [Bob] Melvin said, 'You got it,' " the source said. "Then that night's lineup came out and Billy asked, 'Where's Donaldson?' "
When told what happened, the source says, an angry Beane demanded that Melvin put Donaldson back into the lineup.
"They got into it in the coach's office," the source says, describing a scene in which Beane lit into Donaldson, with the third baseman reiterating his need for a day off and petulantly calling Beane "Billy Boy."
"Nobody talks to Billy that way," the source said. "It did not surprise me in the least that he got rid of Donaldson."

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't they want Iwakuma then? Also 1 yr left of control. Of course you don't trade Walker for JUST Upton. He just becomes the headliner for that deal, who knows what's going n behind closed doors but from the outside looking in it looks like he's sitting on his hands. Cruz should be signed by now, it's stupid.

Well, Cruz is now signed; apparently he wasn't sitting on his hands. Now if we could trade Kuma straight up for Upton as you mentioned, hell yeah! That would be too good to be true, they are rebuilding in Atlanta. Kuma doesn't fit in any of their long term plans.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One industry source says he "knew" the Athletics would trade Josh Donaldson this winter, no matter how little baseball sense it made, because the All-Star and Beane were "at war" by season's end.
Multiple sources cite a verbal altercation between the two after Donaldson told manager Bob Melvin he needed a couple of days off after Oakland had played several days in a row. The story goes, Beane told Donaldson if he needed a couple of days off, the club should put him on the disabled list, and that made Donaldson unhappy.
While both Donaldson and Beane downplayed the incident in a couple of texts to the San Francisco Chronicle's terrific baseball writer, John Shea, the industry source described a different scenario to Bleacher Report.
"Donaldson told the manager he needed a blow, and [Bob] Melvin said, 'You got it,' " the source said. "Then that night's lineup came out and Billy asked, 'Where's Donaldson?' "
When told what happened, the source says, an angry Beane demanded that Melvin put Donaldson back into the lineup.
"They got into it in the coach's office," the source says, describing a scene in which Beane lit into Donaldson, with the third baseman reiterating his need for a day off and petulantly calling Beane "Billy Boy."
"Nobody talks to Billy that way," the source said. "It did not surprise me in the least that he got rid of Donaldson."

ooooh, love it

is there a source link?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooooh, love it

is there a source link?

There is but I would have to find it on my twitter again. I was shocked by it because all you hear is how Beane is like this Zen Master.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'BeaverShaver'? Whoa! Dude! Your name is soooo coool! I wish I'd thought it. What are the names of the boyz in your crew? Is it something like '420_hotboxer'? or 'MuffMunch69'? or KronikKushKraver? I bet you get all the bitches. You're my new boo.