• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A's Rumor

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenthal also said this:

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i figured the a's would be more interested in acquiring an infielder than outfielder.

will be interesting to see what happens if they do get cespedes back.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a lot of respect for Billy Beane, but with the Billy Butler signing and now this trade, I have to ask myself what the hell he is doing. Donaldson is one of the better 3B in the league, and they significantly downgrade that position by replacing him with Lawrie while adding the #5 prospect in the Blue Jays system.

As of right now, the team has significantly regressed.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a lot of respect for Billy Beane, but with the Billy Butler signing and now this trade, I have to ask myself what the hell he is doing. Donaldson is one of the better 3B in the league, and they significantly downgrade that position by replacing him with Lawrie while adding the #5 prospect in the Blue Jays system.

As of right now, the team has significantly regressed.

Fine with me! :clap:

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably got rid of Donaldson because they don't want to pay him Seager money. Also I heard A's are looking int trading for UPTON and/or GATTIS so the M's of course will continue to sit on their hands and watch more options fly out the window.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Hicks of the Bay Area News Group reports that the Athletics are talking to the Braves about Justin Upton and Evan Gattis.

Hicks believes that Jeff Samardzija could potentially be the bait in any deal. The A's certainly have a surplus of arms slated for their rotation and are in need of an offensive upgrade after dealing Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays on Friday, so this would seem like a nice fit. Both Upton and Samardzija are in the final year of their contracts

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably got rid of Donaldson because they don't want to pay him Seager money. Also I heard A's are looking int trading for UPTON and/or GATTIS so the M's of course will continue to sit on their hands and watch more options fly out the window.

Is trading Walker for one year of Upton worth it? I say no, so if this deal with the A's goes down how can Z be to blame for sitting on his hands? They want Walker according to every rumor with the M's, and to me you pass on that. Walker in a deal for Kemp where you have control is the type of deal that Z can't pass up on, but Upton? Not without an immediate extension.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is trading Walker for one year of Upton worth it? I say no, so if this deal with the A's goes down how can Z be to blame for sitting on his hands? They want Walker according to every rumor with the M's, and to me you pass on that. Walker in a deal for Kemp where you have control is the type of deal that Z can't pass up on, but Upton? Not without an immediate extension.

Why wouldn't they want Iwakuma then? Also 1 yr left of control. Of course you don't trade Walker for JUST Upton. He just becomes the headliner for that deal, who knows what's going n behind closed doors but from the outside looking in it looks like he's sitting on his hands. Cruz should be signed by now, it's stupid.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't they want Iwakuma then? Also 1 yr left of control. Of course you don't trade Walker for JUST Upton. He just becomes the headliner for that deal, who knows what's going n behind closed doors but from the outside looking in it looks like he's sitting on his hands. Cruz should be signed by now, it's stupid.

Cruz should be signed I can agree with, but possibly Jack has finally received a brain as a GM and needs to have plans of what to do once he signs him. Unlike his oh shit actions when it came to signing Cano.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that I wouldn't trade Walker or Paxton for Upton. He is merely a rental and is unlikely to want to re-sign in Seattle considering he vetoed a trade here at one point.

Iwakuma on the other hand I would go for. Hisashi Iwakuma is an elite pitcher IMO, but he is at the end of his contract and does have injury concerns.

A straight up trade Upton for Iwakuma would be more than fair for both sides if you ask me. Although Walker would make the Braves better in the long run, Iwakuma helps them more right now.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think the A's trading Donaldson is just the first of a few moves coming in the next couple of months. Them throwing 3 yrs/$30 mil at Billy Butler would seem to mean they arent rebuilding. I expect some moving parts coming from Beane. They may be a worse team today then they were last week but I am not convinced it stays that way.