• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: A's final visit to Globe Life 9/16-9/18

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This MF has 40 HR for the season and TEN of them have come against us!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I loved Desmond I loathe him...fucking stupid player that was locked in for a few months.

I think you're overstating this young man. Really do.

Yes, he was very hot early and hit about .320 for months. Now he's come back to earth, yet is still about .285. So since the AS break my guess is he's around .255 and that ain't Gawd awful nor great. But he plays a good CF and I'd hate to think where we'd be without him quite honestly.

You want DDJ playing CF everyday?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, he was very hot early and hit about .320 for months. Now he's come back to earth, yet is still about .285. So since the AS break my guess is he's around .255 and that ain't Gawd awful nor great. But he plays a good CF and I'd hate to think where we'd be without him quite honestly.

I want him to not hit so high in the god damn line up, but Jeff refuses to move him back in the order. If he's struggling don't give him more PAs like they have.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of the problem is a number of his hits are infield dribblers. He just cannot seem to get good wood.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond is total garbage right now. It is no surprise that his RBI was an infield single. It's a miracle when he hits a ball to the OF.
And yet Banny refuses to sit him for a day or move him down in the order.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is a number of his hits are infield dribblers. He just cannot seem to get good wood.
His BABIP was close to .380 for the longest time. He's not been spraying the ball like he was in May and June and hasn't been since July. I know he was never as good as his high BABIP indicated, but man it's frustrating watching him flail and hit grounders like he is now.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to not hit so high in the god damn line up

See.....that's a Banister problem rather than a Desmond problem. Sorta anyway.

Part of the problem is a number of his hits are infield dribblers.

Yes, but.......swear it seems like the dribblers go through, yet the hard hit screamers get caught, and this has been going on for awhile. I'm thinking he's due for those two trends to be reversed. Am I just being too optimistic?..........Hope not, b/c we've got a ton of problems for a team so far ahead.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but.......swear it seems like the dribblers go through, yet the hard hit screamers get caught, and this has been going on for awhile. I'm thinking he's due for those two trends to be reversed. Am I just being too optimistic?..........Hope not, b/c we've got a ton of problems for a team so far ahead.
Glad you mentioned a ton of other problems bc Desmond is far from troubling to me as our two Aces. Holy stars and garters! Talk about troubling. We need to see something good from them are Ian will make little difference in the post season. However I do get understand why Rev and Wasting are concerned.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One is our manager giving 3 or 4 players off at the same time every 3 days..

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Banny no more days off till you clinch.
It's really getting on my nerves how much DeShields, Rua, Hoying, Chirinos, Alberto, Gallo, and Profar are getting to play. I realize that a few of those guys have made like 1 start each, but that's one start too many.

At most Banny should be letting one guy rest per game. But he puts these forfeit lineups out there twice a week, and when you combine that with the way our pitching is going, we have no chance.

DeShields and Profar are the only two subs we have who should ever see playing time. Rua is totally lost, Chirinos is subpar, and Alberto, Hoying, and Gallo are truly worthless in every sense of the word.

This team needs to start playing good baseball for 9 innings. The 9th inning heroics are fun, but I want to see some games where our starters go 6-7 strong, our hitters put 5+ on the board, our fielders don't commit errors, and our bullpen shuts things down. Even if we could just have 1-2 of those type games a week, I'd be happy.

We're going to win the West and probably get home field too. But I want to see some good baseball being played headed into October. And if you look at our game log over the last 20 or so games, there's very, very few you can point to and say we played a compete game. Very few.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we had way to many bases on balls. Still could have won. Sending our guy home with Odor on deck and a guy on first was not the move of a superior team. Des is really hitting awful. The DPs hurt us and they got 2 Hrs but a lot of bloopers and our hard hit balls found gloves. A lot of close calls did not go our way, Rua shot LF line, Maz called strike.

Makes me think we that we think we are invincible and can turn on the burners in late innings to come back. We got a small lead and nothing after that. Yes Delino was hitting the ball crisp. Not sure the PH was in order. Alas only one game but still the walks need to stop!

To me playing well is more important than home field

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will. Profar unfortunately does not look good from the bat. I think he isn't tired BB player. I guess some of the rationale for overplaying is there will not be any extended rest as our goal is HF advantage which is a ways off

AR some point the guys who will need time are the guys who make the post season roster who need the work

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby will continue to get better. Just happy to see that he's healthy. Desmond needs to get back to at least above average soon. Anybody still wanna back the truck up for him?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will. Profar unfortunately does not look good from the bat. I think he isn't tired BB player. I guess some of the rationale for overplaying is there will not be any extended rest as our goal is HF advantage which is a ways off

AR some point the guys who will need time are the guys who make the post season roster who need the work

I agree that Profar has been pretty awful at the plate. I'd still much rather have him up there than Rua, Hoying, Alberto, or Gallo though. At least has the talent to come through from time to time like he did against Houston the other night in the 9th. The way I see it, with Profar we have a small chance (not a good one). With the others, we have no chance.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby will continue to get better. Just happy to see that he's healthy. Desmond needs to get back to at least above average soon. Anybody still wanna back the truck up for him?
Nope. Unfortunately we may have to sign him, since we traded Brinson and Cordell. Sure don't want to see Delino out there.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond isn't the .300 hitter we all saw in the first half. He never has been. But he's also not the .225 hitter we've seen since the AS break. He's simply regressing to the mean right now, albeit in a very fast fashion. I think he's really somewhere in between the Desmond of the first half and the Desmond we're seeing now. His career average of .265 sounds about right.

I just hope we have .265 Desmond for the playoffs and not the current version.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond isn't the .300 hitter we all saw in the first half. He never has been. But he's also not the .225 hitter we've seen since the AS break. He's simply regressing to the mean right now, albeit in a very fast fashion. I think he's really somewhere in between the Desmond of the first half and the Desmond we're seeing now. His career average of .265 sounds about right.

I just hope we have .265 Desmond for the playoffs and not the current version.

Right. He's regressed to his mean. I tried to tell people this when everyone was going bananas for him late in the spring. I hope he returns to that .265-.270 hitter by October.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Not any more. Definitely Lucroy. And Moreland too. Sorry Night Crawler. Gomez would come cheaper, I would think.