• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As a long time Sooner fan

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is this how older fans stop giving a shit? Is it the the team not meeting expectations while getting your hopes up? This was suppose to be arguably the best team in the nation pre-season. I'm not sure I can take watching this dumpster fire thats's full of 4*s top to bottom that will play in the NFL, any more this season. The odds are they will somehow get lit up against Texas, TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma State. Ohio State is a great team but it was like OU was the Iowa State of the matchup, wasnt close at all.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this how older fans stop giving a shit? Is it the the team not meeting expectations while getting your hopes up? This was suppose to be arguably the best team in the nation pre-season. I'm not sure I can take watching this dumpster fire thats's full of 4*s top to bottom that will play in the NFL, any more this season. The odds are they will somehow get lit up against Texas, TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma State. Ohio State is a great team but it was like OU was the Iowa State of the matchup, wasnt close at all.

I never stopped giving a shit when Alabama was sucking, I just lowered my expectations a ton.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never stopped giving a shit when Alabama was sucking, I just lowered my expectations a ton.

You have the luxury of knowing that it's almost a guarantee that Alabama will be in National Championship the following season if they happen to slip up. Not too mention, you have also had the privilege of watching Alabama dominate for a decade so you arent still waiting for another chance for a championship.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the luxury of knowing that it's almost a guarantee that Alabama will be in National Championship the following season if they happen to slip up. Not too mention, you have also had the privilege of watching Alabama dominate for a decade so you arent still waiting for another chance for a championship.

Yeah now, but it hasn't always been that way.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah now, but it hasn't always been that way.

I remember the 90's when OU was a joke, so I get what youre saying. I will always be a Bob supporter mostly because of where we once were and where he brought the program. It's just getting tiresome to say the least.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Florida fan, all I can suggest is to keep calm and clamor for the coaches to be fired with disdain...especially those having to do with D!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the 90's when OU was a joke, so I get what youre saying. I will always be a Bob supporter mostly because of where we once were and where he brought the program. It's just getting tiresome to say the least.

It was only 10 years ago that Alabama had losing streaks to Tennessee and Auburn and that was 3 years after being embarrassed by having a coach leave for A&M and having to fire a coach for being dumb enough to use university credit cards at a strip club.

I doubt your season will even come close to being as bad as the 2000 for Alabama where we started #3 in the country and finished the year 3-8 and firing a head coach who'd apparently spent more time banging his secretary than working on gameplans.

And that's just recent history.

So honestly, suck it up buttercup - it can be much worse.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Florida fan, all I can suggest is to keep calm and clamor for the coaches to be fired with disdain...especially those having to do with D!

The fucking the head off and start over.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't agree about having a lot of NFL talent on this roster. My biggest concern going into this season was just that aspect. Mixon is by far the best shot NFL guy on this team. Stephen Parker, Perine, Walker, and possibly Andrews are the only other ones that might have a chance but probably wouldn't get drafted very high in the long run. Throw in horrendous coaching and it's just icing on the shithole cake.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Georgia fan, so I enter every season with high expectations, and more times than not, we shit the bed. Never stopped caring.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't agree about having a lot of NFL talent on this roster. My biggest concern going into this season was just that aspect. Mixon is by far the best shot NFL guy on this team. Stephen Parker, Perine, Walker, and possibly Andrews are the only other ones that might have a chance but probably wouldn't get drafted very high in the long run. Throw in horrendous coaching and it's just icing on the shithole cake.

Orlando Brown is a legit NFL talent but we definitely don't have that elite talent that we need.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 90's weren't exactly Georgia's best years, and Mark Richt did a lot to make us relevant again and got us a couple SEC championships and a few Sugar Bowl appearances along the way, but he had grown stale in Athens, and moving on will wind up being better for both he and the Georgia program IMO.

I don't have any animosity towards Mark Richt, but I fully supported going in a different direction. Sometimes, it's just time to move on.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Brown is a legit NFL talent but we definitely don't have that elite talent that we need.
Did forget about him. Yeah he's definitely gonna be a pro. Already has that family pedigree as well.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so true. I think I can speak for of the Buckeye fans here that went through the experience of the John Cooper era of having great talent, but always under achieved during his tenure. I think the painful part was he would win, but losing to scUM was the dagger that did us in. He never could get us over the hump. I think we take Urbs for granted, much like Bama with Saban. We all are accustomed to winning and expect to be i the playoff hunt every year now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so true. I think I can speak for of the Buckeye fans here that went through the experience of the John Cooper era of having great talent, but always under achieved during his tenure. I think the painful part was he would win, but losing to scUM was the dagger that did us in. He never could get us over the hump. I think we take Urbs for granted, much like Bama with Saban. We all are accustomed to winning and expect to be i the playoff hunt every year now.

I'm enjoying it as much as possible while it lasts because I know it won't last forever.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 90's weren't exactly Georgia's best years, and Mark Richt did a lot to make us relevant again and got us a couple SEC championships and a few Sugar Bowl appearances along the way, but he had grown stale in Athens, and moving on will wind up being better for both he and the Georgia program IMO.

I don't have any animosity towards Mark Richt, but I fully supported going in a different direction. Sometimes, it's just time to move on.
Oh I remember the fun times in Athens, Georgia. That's a great college town. My buddy at college had a girlfriend who attended UGA in'95. I just remember watching Eric Zeire being the QB. Got drunk at a place called O'Malley's for nickle night, then going to the Waffle House. LOL!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always be a Bob supporter mostly because of where we once were

You are going to have to let this go.
He doesn't get a free ride for the rest of his life winning 1 NC with mostly John Blake players.

Fuck Bob and his ego.
He stopped coaching after 2008.
He's coasted long enough.
It's time he left.