• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on the changing of the Big 12

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian boyd is a clown and a bad Texas homer. It’s as bad as putting anything up by bleacher report.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian boyd is a clown and a bad Texas homer. It’s as bad as putting anything up by bleacher report.

Why? Because he pointed out issues at OU this summer and they turned out to be true?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU reminds me what the adolescent girl said when she got a nose bleed. "If it isn't one thing it is another."

TCU's offense has been horrid. While their defense is still Pattersonish, it ain't good enough to win alone.
Their offense has to score more than 14-17points to win.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because he pointed out issues at OU this summer and they turned out to be true?

I honestly didn’t even read. Just a commentary on the fact that he’s the author. I may read it later but if hisbpremise is that Riley doesn’t care about defense because he’s from Tech he’s a fucking idiot. Actually, he’s a fucking idiot anyways.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn’t even read. Just a commentary on the fact that he’s the author. I may read it later but if hisbpremise is that Riley doesn’t care about defense because he’s from Tech he’s a fucking idiot.

That has nothing to do with this article. This is more about how some teams are drifting away from the air raid that dominated the Big 12.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU reminds me what the adolescent girl said when she got a nose bleed. "If it isn't one thing it is another."

TCU's offense has been horrid. While their defense is still Pattersonish, it ain't good enough to win alone.
Their offense has to score more than 14-17points to win.

TCU’s problem is an inconsistent QB. Offensive philosophy doesn’t matter if your QB makes 3-4 negative game changing plays a game

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of words.
He needs to just get to the point.

Terrible article. Not saying it's not accurate, but i don't really need pages and pages of a history lesson.

Maybe the OP can break it down into a couple of sentences for us.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adapting is a good thing. As long as they don't over adapt!

I give Saban and Patterson all the credit in the world. It took huevos to be willing to let go of some of what you've been about all your life. TCU was already good and Bama was great and both were still willing to swallow real big and adapt. Kind of like me having to give in to the technomological world.

Coaches like hard headed Art Briles and fat Brett at Arkie weren't going to adapt at all. Good riddance to both...even though Briles ain't gone because of that.

I think Leach gave it a half ass effort a couple of years ago but am not up to date on it now. Not sure about Coach GQ yet but he has stuck with his DC until they have gotten some better defenders.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU’s problem is an inconsistent QB. Offensive philosophy doesn’t matter if your QB makes 3-4 negative game changing plays a game
Very true. He's had some real bone headed plays at the worst possible time.

But, TCU hasn't been running the ball as well as in the past either. Or at least from what I've seen. I think the OL isn't as good as it has been. JMO.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very long way to say some teams aren't running the air raid.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, BU's D is pretty good and this is why Texas struggled against them, even though OU put up 66 against them. Got ya.

They can label it how they like but the numbers aren't really that different.

OU: Rush - 1253, Rec - 1895 (through 6 games)
UT: Rush - 1113, Rec - 1760 (through 7 games)

Had OU not lost Rodney Anderson in week 2, our "bang (rush)" yards would most likely be much higher. We lost one of the league's best, so had to adapt.

Lets' keep in mind TX beat OU by 3 pts. Sure, TX dominated most of the game, but OU surged late and almost took it away. Yet when OU has let off the brakes and TX has surged late in the past, TX fans see a close game? Now all of a sudden TX is great and OU is shit? Ridiculous.

There is no problem with OU's O. It still works fine. Our D needs a tune up. We fired the mechanic and are trying out a new one. Sure, there are some issues with wrapping up by our DB's and their size, but if nothing else, OU has shown resilience and will adapt on D just as we have on O.

See ya in the B12 CG perhaps. If so.....bring it.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t finish reading the article, but a bit off subject: did anybody hear what Herbstreit said about the myth of the Big XII not playing defense? He said not one team in the country could field a top 15 Defense in the Big 12 due to all the HUNH offenses, not even Bama. It’s impossible, but if you notice Big 12 defenses tend to fare pretty good against teams outside the conference.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t finish reading the article, but a bit off subject: did anybody hear what Herbstreit said about the myth of the Big XII not playing defense? He said not one team in the country could field a top 15 Defense in the Big 12 due to all the HUNH offenses, not even Bama. It’s impossible, but if you notice Big 12 defenses tend to fare pretty good against teams outside the conference.

They also said pts allowed has gone down the last 3 years

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had my fill of air raid and its concepts TBH. Not a HUGE fan of it and imho programs like OU/Texas ect. don't need it and shouldn't use it. To me it always just screamed
"we need a gimmick cause we cant recruit stud players to beat enough teams to get bowl eligible otherwise". Programs like OU and Texas SHOULD be able to recruit with anyone and ply a "real" offense.
I feel the same about our 3-3-5 defense as well, hate it and believe that it will never be a defense that will win a championship for us. I'd like to see it gone as well.

I wouldn't mind a spread offense similar to what RichRod ( No I don't want RR back, just the offense with Big12 level recruiting) used to run at WVU in the Big12 at this point... at least for WVU. I think it would benefit us more when the weather starts becoming more of a factor later in the year

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Leach the most innovator on offense of all time? Holy shit that guy has an impressive tree under him:

Briles
Holgerson
Riley
Kingsbury
Cumbie
Mangino