• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on Baylor and shadyness

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art Briles should be fired immediately, no questions asked, what a disgusting human being and a disgusting investigation into this whole ordeal

Just remember: Baylor University's motto is "For Church, For Texas."

Frauds

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Art is just showing his true colors. Peterson is kinda breaking ranks in the coaching brotherhood but ooh well. I don't think he should lose his job over this but if Baylor is found to have done any NCAA violations, I would hope they get their fair and due punishment.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this:

Jefe, I am a homer for sure and can only repeat what I am hearing locally. From what I understand the forms that Briles is referring to are boiler plate NCAA forms. The questions do not ask for anything specific to the incident(s) that lead to dismissal. In addition, they are not referring to the BSU football program, they are referring to whether he was kicked out of the school. From what I understand he IS still allowed to attend BSU as a tuition paying student, just not to play football. And that is all those forms are referring to.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole thing is ugly.

Briles gambled the way a number have coaches have gambled: he threw the dice on a talented player who had some issues- but the dice came up snake eyes, and he's the one that now has to deal with it.

Exactly. We all have had our suspicions that Briles was a dirt bag. You might as well throw in Baylor University as well. "Win at all costs!" "Give us the money." Typical Baptist. They are without a doubt, the most hypocritical religion on the planet.

I understand that it's about the "money" for all of our schools, but this is going to far. He knew. Like you said, "he gambled." Unfortunately, there are other coaches that would do and still do the samething.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read
Jefe, I am a homer for sure and can only repeat what I am hearing locally. From what I understand the forms that Briles is referring to are boiler plate NCAA forms. The questions do not ask for anything specific to the incident(s) that lead to dismissal. In addition, they are not referring to the BSU football program, they are referring to whether he was kicked out of the school. From what I understand he IS still allowed to attend BSU as a tuition paying student, just not to play football. And that is all those forms are referring to.

Yes, Baylor putting out that form is just a smokescreen, imo. And last night, it appeared to work for some people, by throwing em off the real story.

Didnt work for me though. I believe Petersen told him everything.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. We all have had our suspicions that Briles was a dirt bag. You might as well throw in Baylor University as well. "Win at all costs!" "Give us the money." Typical Baptist. They are without a doubt, the most hypocritical religion on the planet.

I understand that it's about the "money" for all of our schools, but this is going to far. He knew. Like you said, "he gambled." Unfortunately, there are other coaches that would do and still do the samething.

And for all reading this, I'm totally biased here, and I admit it outfront. My family, even going back to my grandparents, parents and myself, have had really bad experiences with Baylor fans over the years. And I dont even want to hear a peep about the "we're good Christians, we're Baptists, we dont drink smoke dance or cheat" crap.

Thus, that makes it really unfair for me to say anything else.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pulling for Baylor. Them and TCU put on one hell of a show last year.But with all that is going on there, don't think that I can say the same now.

Baylor has to get it's crap in order. And get the rif raf out of their school.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Peterson/Briles thing is a pure distraction. He gave a troubled kid a 2nd chance. That is what it is, but letting him hang around after an indictment is a huge issue. Arguing over the whether or not the kid should been giving a 2nd chance is of much lesser importance, than what happened after the terrible offense was reported.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what happens to Briles, this year's Baylor-TCU game could be epic.

The Christian School Smackdown! WWE's got nothing on this.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Peterson/Briles thing is a pure distraction. He gave a troubled kid a 2nd chance. That is what it is, but letting him hang around after an indictment is a huge issue. Arguing over the whether or not the kid should been giving a 2nd chance is of much lesser importance, than what happened after the terrible offense was reported.

Agreed.

Nobody knows exactly what information was communicated in that phone call other than Peterson and Briles. Peterson, even if he didn't spill everything, has to cover himself.

Baylor at least had the sense to keep Wuchihoochie off the field, but he should have been dismissed a long time ago. It should never have gotten to this point...unless Briles somehow thought there was a chance that the kid would be cleared -- and that's just dumbfounding to me given all the facts that are out there right now.

Forget what happened in Boise. It was never clear exactly why Hoochiewoochie was kicked off the team there. But he roped a girl in Waco. I don't know how that was ever in dispute.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Briles quoted saying "we are looking forward to him playing this year" or something like that?

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Briles quoted saying "we are looking forward to him playing this year" or something like that?
I can't speak to whether Briles made such a comment, but Phil Bennett (DC) told a gathering that Ukwuachu would be back on the field this season. That was this past June, 8 months after the indictment had come down.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak to whether Briles made such a comment, but Phil Bennett (DC) told a gathering that Ukwuachu would be back on the field this season. That was this past June, 8 months after the indictment had come down.
Curse you Bennett!

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's what I was thinking. Thanks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Baylor is the Auburn of Texas?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to bump this so everyone remembers how much shit goes on at Baylor.