• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on Baylor and shadyness

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If athletes were held to the same standard, 80% wouldn't even qualify academically..............FIFY

I'm fine with lowering academic standards. It gives access to top notch educations to a subset that otherwise wouldn't get that chance. I'm not okay with allowing criminals on campus because they are good at football. That's all I'm saying.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I dont get, how was he found guilty in court yet the school found nothing? Was it just that additional witness? I must be missing something but that does not sound right.

let me help you out on this one. The judge in the criminal case found the Baylor investigation to be so incompetent that prohibited the lawyers from even mentioning it during the trial.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me help you out on this one. The judge in the criminal case found the Baylor investigation to be so incompetent that prohibited the lawyers from even mentioning it during the trial.
Wow. I dont even know what to say about this anymore. How many instances of r*pe have players gotten away with now where the school "investigated"?

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report out that University investigation was an utter joke. They cut the girls scholarship money. This makes the FSU/Winston bit look quite innocent. They also flew in his ex-girlfriend from BSU. She apparently told the court why he was kicked out of BSU, so Briles knew what he was getting.
I don't disagree with anything you have said here. I also agree that this is a real problem for Baylor and I have no doubt that they will (deservedly) have a few conversations with (if not actual action brought by) a federal title IX person.

My point though (and I probably wasn't overly clear) is that as I read the OP linked article, it sounded liek a bunch of reporters sitting around and bitching that they weren't told things so they didn't even know the kid was indicted on charges. It was like they were pissed that they were expected to do some investigation rather than be spoon-fed. It is a totally separate issue from the questions about what happened and how much did Baylor know/do/etc.

And believe me - in everything I have read and heard on this, Baylor has a lot of 'splainin' to do.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Peterson and Briles are having issues. Briles stated that Peterson never mentioned any history of violence. Peterson just came out and refuted that.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Peterson and Briles are having issues. Briles stated that Peterson never mentioned any history of violence. Peterson just came out and refuted that.

Yeah I'm not buying that for a second. Briles probably never asked why the kid was kicked off the team.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not buying that for a second. Briles probably never asked why the kid was kicked off the team.
Briles didn't need to ask. Petersen says he gave Briles the rundown on Ukwuachu.
"After Sam Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State football program and expressed an interest in transferring to Baylor, I initiated a call with coach Art Briles," Petersen said in the statement. "In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam's disciplinary record and dismissal."

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles said Friday that he spoke with Petersen personally in 2013 and was not informed of any prior violent incidents prior to accepting Ukwuachu's transfer to Baylor.

"No mention of anything beyond Sam being depressed and needing to come home," Briles said. "So that was our information. And that's what you go by."

Petersen, who is now the coach at Washington, issued a statement later Friday that said that just wasn't the case.

"After Sam Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State football program and expressed an interest in transferring to Baylor, I initiated a call with coach Art Briles," Petersen's statement said. "In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam's disciplinary record and dismissal."

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles didn't need to ask. Petersen says he gave Briles the rundown on Ukwuachu.

Good, so Briles is definitely full of shit and a snake. I was pretty confident in this already, glad its being confirmed.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe... Briles wants to do those things Briles wants to do and delegates certain matters to others - staffs it out. Maybe... Briles wasn't listening to Petersen when told of Ukwuachu's transgressions. Maybe... Briles needs to apply lessons from this incident to tighten up recruiting.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I know that. He's as fake as a $3 bill and we've been through this before. But what the hell; it's preseason. Nothing like venting a little to get the blood up. I'm ready for the season to start. I just enjoy saying Baylor's a piece of shit university from the President down to its coaches. Their day is coming. Hu's a Baylor knock off. :nod:

dunno, but it looks like Hu is going to have to find another team to cling to, LOL!~

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jury came in after about 2 1/2 hours deliberation: Jury recommends 8 years in prison, but gets probation, 6 months jail time.

wow

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 6 months...he should be able to get that raping thing out of his system in that amount of time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he think he can get away with lying about knowing this kids baggage? Aren't many that are going to question Petersen's word. Did he think Petersen would just roll over and take one for him?

How many down there buy what he's selling? Anyone?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor issued a new statement: Ken Starr is putting his foot down (sarcasm font)

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shot fired back.

this thing is just sad from every angle you look.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor issued a new statement: Ken Starr is putting his foot down (sarcasm font)

It will probably last 11 days and fail to uncover emails between Briles and Peterson which indicate that Briles knew all along that the kid was a thug.