• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article of the day.. some nice Bo quotes

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You know what? People are gonna say what they want to say," he says. "I really don't care. If they want someone – if somebody wants someone else – so be it. I'll move on.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bo is never going to beg for his job. He is never going to admit how much he likes it here.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question remains, he says he's doing everything he can and "doing it the right way", does he feel that's just good enough? That's what it feels like he's saying

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question remains, he says he's doing everything he can and "doing it the right way", does he feel that's just good enough? That's what it feels like he's saying

I will agree with the statement of doing it the right way.

The players do not seem to get into trouble as much as at other schools currently. Yes, there are some, but nowhere near as bad as at other schools.

The players do seem to have to study. Heaven forbid, Nebraska was actually on probation for giving the student athletes textbooks. How many other schools have had that problem?

The student athletes are still earning academic all americans. That is something that no other school has going. The schools that can cherry pick their players in their states don't even try to get student athletes. Those schools take the dumbest players possible, change their grades, and get them to play for three or four years as long as they can play football or basketball. Who cares if they have a life after college, the universities definitely don't.

No recruiting shenanigans(SEC over-signing what a joke that is) and cheating.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The players do not seem to get into trouble as much as at other schools currently. Yes, there are some, but nowhere near as bad as at other schools.

The players do seem to have to study. Heaven forbid, Nebraska was actually on probation for giving the student athletes textbooks. How many other schools have had that problem?

The student athletes are still earning academic all americans. That is something that no other school has going. The schools that can cherry pick their players in their states don't even try to get student athletes. Those schools take the dumbest players possible, change their grades, and get them to play for three or four years as long as they can play football or basketball. Who cares if they have a life after college, the universities definitely don't.

I'm not saying we should be cheating. I understand the his goals, championships, of which we've got a big doughnut since 1999. If he's topped out in terms of coaching ideas...

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You know what? People are gonna say what they want to say," he says. "I really don't care. If they want someone – if somebody wants someone else – so be it. I'll move on.

I'll take Bo Pelini for 500 Al

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was discussed on the radio yesterday. I had never thought of it this way before, but it makes sense. Good grades and stuff has NOTHING to do with the coach. it has everything to do with the academic support staff (which we have the best in the country). Pointing to stuff like GPA and academic all americans is not that valid of an argument.

edit: and as far as the probation goes, we are still on it. for every official visit invitation we send out, we have to include a sheet that says that we are currently on probation :L

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of thinking the same thing. The academics were in place a long time before Pelini arrived here. To take credit for that is like Dobson taking credit for Suh.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was discussed on the radio yesterday. I had never thought of it this way before, but it makes sense. Good grades and stuff has NOTHING to do with the coach. it has everything to do with the academic support staff (which we have the best in the country). Pointing to stuff like GPA and academic all americans is not that valid of an argument.

edit: and as far as the probation goes, we are still on it. for every official visit invitation we send out, we have to include a sheet that says that we are currently on probation :L

THANK YOU.

I cringe every time I hear the argument that Bo has anything to do with player's grades.

He's here to win games. Period.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when Bo, or anyone else for that matter, says things like, "people don't want to hear how close we were from breaking through".

You know why no one wants to hear that? Because for every almost win there is an almost loss. Hail Mary this year, 4 fourth quarter comebacks last year, biggest comeback in school history against Ohio St, almost losing to South Dakota St.

That "close" bullshit is for losers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through a spokesman, Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst declined an interview request from USA TODAY Sports, saying his policy is not to publicly discuss the state of the program during the season. It's not a unique position, but contrast Eichorst's silence with, for example, Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley's assertion last week that he was "1,000 percent" behind Will Muschamp and certain the Gators have the right coach, quieting speculation over Muschamp's immediate future (though next season will be huge).

Eichorst also declined to comment in the off-season. He is (and has been) the only one capable of quieting speculation.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bo was given a standard to meet on the football field. (7-3) apparently has not yet met that.

Here are the scenarios to finish the regular season.
(9-3).........(2-0)
(8-4).........(1-1)
(7-5).........(0-2)

Come November 30th Nebraskan's will be glued to the airwaves.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when Bo, or anyone else for that matter, says things like, "people don't want to hear how close we were from breaking through".

You know why no one wants to hear that? Because for every almost win there is an almost loss. Hail Mary this year, 4 fourth quarter comebacks last year, biggest comeback in school history against Ohio St, almost losing to South Dakota St.

That "close" bullshit is for losers.

:agree:
that close excuse worked in his first 3 years...but we're near the end of year 6 that not gonna anymore.

plus that Nwestern excuse bc just like last year and this year they are several plays away from being undefeated or going to the CC game.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichorst also declined to comment in the off-season. He is (and has been) the only one capable of quieting speculation.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bo was given a standard to meet on the football field. (7-3) apparently has not yet met that.

Here are the scenarios to finish the regular season.
(9-3).........(2-0)
(8-4).........(1-1)
(7-5).........(0-2)

Come November 30th Nebraskan's will be glued to the airwaves.

this is what I'm trying to figure out. We could easily kill the speculation and SE has been quiet too quiet if you ask me. even going back to the tape incident it was like the truly came to Bo support is was almost like "we're not gonna fire you for this". idk it's gonna be interesting esp if we lose another game at psu or at home to Iowa

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If it doesn't state why, then it's total bullshit for sure. I assume this is because of giving away books to students?

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Statement, take it for what it is worth...

I have had many classes with student athletes at the university. Professors GIVE THEM good grades because of who they are regardless of how well they do on an exam or paper. Very few athletes are actual good students in class at UNL who pay attention and put forth great material on exams and papers. It's the benefit from being a popular athlete in our football program. A professor doesn't want to say "hey ______ can't play this week because he got a D on his paper." He's going to just give _____ a good grade as long as he DID the paper.

That's how it works at UNL in my experience. I've taken classes where I even get to proof read the players papers etc.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Statement, take it for what it is worth...

I have had many classes with student athletes at the university. Professors GIVE THEM good grades because of who they are regardless of how well they do on an exam or paper. Very few athletes are actual good students in class at UNL who pay attention and put forth great material on exams and papers. It's the benefit from being a popular athlete in our football program. A professor doesn't want to say "hey ______ can't play this week because he got a D on his paper." He's going to just give _____ a good grade as long as he DID the paper.

That's how it works at UNL in my experience. I've taken classes where I even get to proof read the players papers etc.

I seemed to have touched a nerve by agreeing that Bo is doing it the right way, according to him. Some parents actually value education. Ndamakong's Mom was instrumental in Ndamakong attending Nebraska. Why? Because she is an educator and wanted to make sure her son was going to be getting an education. Obviously, some other schools had her worried.

At least you are saying the Nebraska student athlete did the paper.

At North Carolina, the student athletes did not even have to attend classes nor do homework. Vince Young is dumb as a rock. Maybe even dumber. Miami? You think they do homework? How about the Ohio State player that tweeted I did not come here to do homework.