• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arkansas going to give this one away?!?

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you say UK fans don't bother trying to have a decent conversation with fans of other schools.

No props to Kentucky at all? I thought Arkansas played a great game....as did UK. Does Arkansas have the talent of UK...NO...but they won....so....great game Hog players! We look forward to the Razorbacks in Rupp later this season.

I guess I had never realized the amount of hatred that is aimed toward UK. It surprised me how most fans {of other schools} that are posting on here....piled on the Arkansas bandwagon{not because they like Arkansas}....but simply because they dislike UK and hoped Arkansas would beat them.

BUT...........................................It's great to cheer for a team that is universally hated! If you ain't hatin' we ain't {usually} winnin' :boink:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two clarifications:

And yet you say UK fans don't bother trying to have a decent conversation with fans of other schools.

I read on a fair number of sports sites and forums that UK fans are arrogant, ignorant, redneck, can't talk rationally,etc. That's why I wrote the line about decent conversations...not every fan fits that mold.

We look forward to the Razorbacks in Rupp later this season.

I'm referring to the fans when I say "we"......although I think the players will look forward to it also.

Possibly there might be a different outcome then.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No props to Kentucky at all? I thought Arkansas played a great game....as did UK. Does Arkansas have the talent of UK...NO...but they won....so....great game Hog players! We look forward to the Razorbacks in Rupp later this season.

I guess I had never realized the amount of hatred that is aimed toward UK. It surprised me how most fans {of other schools} that are posting on here....piled on the Arkansas bandwagon{not because they like Arkansas}....but simply because they dislike UK and hoped Arkansas would beat them.

BUT...........................................It's great to cheer for a team that is universally hated! If you ain't hatin' we ain't {usually} winnin' :boink:

hey man I think it's obvious that you are one of the good ones. But you have to understand that SO many UK fans (a much higher percentage than most fan bases) are insufferable. So you have to understand why other teams fans act this way. Also, we began this season with a LOT of "can they go undefeated" talk, so even though rational UK fans like you never expected that (at least I goddamn hope you didn't) we are enjoying the fact that many media members were (AS USUAL) very wrong about that.

And lastly, my god I hate the Harrison twins and their whiny bitchass faces.

Respect the hell outta randle (for the most part, although his defensive "intensity" last night after getting bitched out by calipari seemed a little overdone to me.

Enjoy watching james young and for sure willey cauley-stein. But if you think that, after a whole offseason KNOWING that Arizona wasn't going to get any respect because of this UK team which is what happened when the season started, I am enjoying that everyone is finally realizing what they should have realized all along: it's hard for a team full of freshman to be able to play like the team that Arizona puts out on the floor every night (oh yea, and our talent is almost on the same level so think about what another year of your frosh all together might look like).

But I enjoy a UK fan that has a good perspective on things, so I am very much down to have a good conversation. I guess I never really gave them props because I'm not quite sold on Arkansas, but you are right that they are the classic "very good at home" and struggle on the road type team. Because of that, I will concede UK's effort was still good last night.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, we began this season with a LOT of "can they go undefeated" talk, so even though rational UK fans like you never expected that (at least I goddamn hope you didn't)

It's almost impossible to go undefeated thru a whole season....and I definitely didn't think or say UK would go undefeated.

And lastly, my god I hate the Harrison twins and their whiny bitchass faces.

We at Kentucky like to call them "pouty faces"

so think about what another year of your frosh all together might look like

I'd love to. I am not a fan of the one and done myself. But instead of it going away....more and more schools are recruiting the same one and done types.

And I don't think it will stop until the players union/agents decide that these guys should stay in school more than one year.. But these guys are the meal tickets for the agents so I don't see that happening.

they are the classic "very good at home" and struggle on the road type team

You come away from Bud Walton with a win in any year and you've done something.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's hard for a team full of freshman to be able to play like the team that Arizona puts out on the floor every night (oh yea, and our talent is almost on the same level

I would agree that Arizona is putting a good team on the floor every night...and I love your coach; but that "team" of UK freshmen might be able to play right along with your Arizona team when it matters.....late March/April. Hopefully we can see that come to fruition somewhere in the tourney this year...and YES...UK will be there this year!

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if I'm one of the ones you were talking about, but yes I was pulling for Ark pretty hard. But that's not because I hate UK, I just like seeing the underdog pull one out... even against my own team sometimes.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that Arizona is putting a good team on the floor every night...and I love your coach; but that "team" of UK freshmen might be able to play right along with your Arizona team when it matters.....late March/April. Hopefully we can see that come to fruition somewhere in the tourney this year...and YES...UK will be there this year!

You guys are great in the paint, but where's the shooting? That's why these other teams can hang around and possibly pull out the win.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh you will definitely be there. And you certainly MIGHT be able to play with us. But here is the problem for Kentucky: you usually have the advantage in the frontcourt, but ours is better.

And then there is the fact that you have two freshman guards who will not be able to contend with McConnell and Johnson. TJ's only real defensive deficiency is being posted up by bigger guards and, correct me if I am wrong, that is not something that your harrison twin (i don't remember which is the pg and which is the sg) does often.

The other harrison will be facing, in Nick Johnson, a guy who is 2 inches shorter that jumps about 10 inches higher (which is why he can and has all season consistently shut down the other team's best perimeter guard).

Randle is the only matchup you have an advantage with, and in Arizona he has a front line that allows for two guys his size or bigger to help whoever is guarding him.

Compared to most other teams in the country, nobody can match up with Kentucky (if you have figured it out by March) the way we can.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle, Cauley-Stein, and Poythress make for a dominating front line, and Poythress comes off the bench. You're looking at 6'9', 7'1", and 6'9". Poythress is a sophomore and is playing some of his best basketball since arriving. If you look at UK's rebounding stats especially offensively you'll see why UK gets so many second chances.

James Young IS a three point shooter, maybe even a gunner....BUT at 6'6" he's a fast tweener who can get to the hoop in a hurry.Your guy short...he can post up.....your guy big...Young has speed to the hoop..
Andrew Harrison {pg} is finally starting to run the team the way a pg should.
The players are starting to believe in his ability to run the point the way it should be ran. Cauley-Stein doesn't have a 10-12 foot shot, but he knows how to dunk and block shots. I won't even get into Randle....you should know what he can do.

O.K. Now we both have given our "homer" evaluations of our respective teams...Good luck to yours and I hope we meet in at least the Elite Eight.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But here is the problem for Kentucky: you usually have the advantage in the frontcourt, but ours is better.

Well, I don't know about that, and I'm not going to say UK is better...but maybe we'll be able to talk at the end of the year, when that statement might be more verifiable.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know UK has struggled, but don't discount Arkansas at home. For the last couple of years, they have been a top 10 team when playing at home. I don't know why but they suck on the road.

Florida and Syracuse are the last two losses, and it took miracles for both those teams to leave Bud Walton with win...

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle, Cauley-Stein, and Poythress make for a dominating front line, and Poythress comes off the bench. You're looking at 6'9', 7'1", and 6'9". Poythress is a sophomore and is playing some of his best basketball since arriving. If you look at UK's rebounding stats especially offensively you'll see why UK gets so many second chances.

We are 6'8, 7'0, 6'8. I think Cauley-Stein is the only one with a "wingspan" advantage if you compare them. Also, no offense buy poythress is a joke. yes he is athletic, but rebounding is all he can do and we are the best rebounding team among all elite teams this year.

James Young IS a three point shooter, maybe even a gunner....BUT at 6'6" he's a fast tweener who can get to the hoop in a hurry.Your guy short...he can post up.....your guy big...Young has speed to the hoop..

we have the two best frosh SF defensive players in the country. Rondae is 6'7 with more length and athleticism by far than Young, and Aaron Gordon is 6'8 and being lauded for his on ball defense against SFs.

The players are starting to believe in his ability to run the point the way it should be ran. Cauley-Stein doesn't have a 10-12 foot shot, but he knows how to dunk and block shots. I won't even get into Randle....you should know what he can do.

O.K. Now we both have given our "homer" evaluations of our respective teams...Good luck to yours and I hope we meet in at least the Elite Eight.[/QUOTE]

I am sure I have seen your team WAY more than you have seen mine, so while they are both "homer" evaluations I have a little more to go on.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are 6'8, 7'0, 6'8. I think Cauley-Stein is the only one with a "wingspan" advantage if you compare them. Also, no offense buy poythress is a joke. yes he is athletic, but rebounding is all he can do and we are the best rebounding team among all elite teams this year.

we have the two best frosh SF defensive players in the country. Rondae is 6'7 with more length and athleticism by far than Young, and Aaron Gordon is 6'8 and being lauded for his on ball defense against SFs.

O.K. Now we both have given our "homer" evaluations of our respective teams...Good luck to yours and I hope we meet in at least the Elite Eight.

I am sure I have seen your team WAY more than you have seen mine, so while they are both "homer" evaluations I have a little more to go on.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know being a PG goes a long way but so far I cannot see for the life of me why Andrew is the better prospect than Aaron.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you classify Young as a 3 pt shooter or gunner at this stage?

Unless it's to make the point he just jacks up 3s at will without making them even close to consistently.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you classify Young as a 3 pt shooter or gunner at this stage?

Unless it's to make the point he just jacks up 3s at will without making them even close to consistently.
Coaching philosophy...Cal says if anybody is open....shoot it....you have the green light. That applies pretty much to the whole team. If you miss just get back and play defense and forget about the miss.

Also: even though dcZONAfan says Arizona has a better front line than UK, if you take the time to look at the stats UK has a good offensive board rebounding efficiency; and this gives UK a lot of 2nd chances at rebounding Young's......or any other player's shot that misses.

Secondly, you can't score a lot of 3 pointers if you don't shoot....and Young is definitely a gunner that way.....fyi however, I classify a gunner as a player who shoots the ball.....a lot!!....whether he hits or misses

One last thing...Young doesn't miss most of his shots in every game...just some games. I think the only way to get your stroke back is to "keep shooting". Otherwise you might as well go sit down by the water boy.

Last edited by a moderator:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dcZONAfan
Oh you will definitely be there. And you certainly MIGHT be able to play with us. But here is the problem for Kentucky: you usually have the advantage in the frontcourt, but ours is better.

And then there is the fact that you have two freshman guards who will not be able to contend with McConnell and Johnson. TJ's only real defensive deficiency is being posted up by bigger guards and, correct me if I am wrong, that is not something that your harrison twin (i don't remember which is the pg and which is the sg) does often.

The other harrison will be facing, in Nick Johnson, a guy who is 2 inches shorter that jumps about 10 inches higher (which is why he can and has all season consistently shut down the other team's best perimeter guard).

Randle is the only matchup you have an advantage with, and in Arizona he has a front line that allows for two guys his size or bigger to help whoever is guarding him.

Compared to most other teams in the country, nobody can match up with Kentucky (if you have figured it out by March) the way we can.
Well, I just said I didn't know if UK was better...but you sound just like the UK fans who constantly brag about how they are have the best teams out there. Did you ever hear the term...."pot meet kettle"?

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know UK has struggled, but don't discount Arkansas at home. For the last couple of years, they have been a top 10 team when playing at home. I don't know why but they suck on the road.

Florida and Syracuse are the last two losses, and it took miracles for both those teams to leave Bud Walton with win...

Man, as a longtime SEC and UK fan I NEVER discount Arkansas...anywhere....They sorta remind me of Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of hell" teams from the past. I don't care who you are...if you overlook Arkansas you very possibly will be carrying a big drum full of asswhip home with you.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dcZONAfanWell, I just said I didn't know if UK was better...but you sound just like the UK fans who constantly brag about how they are have the best teams out there. Did you ever hear the term...."pot meet kettle"?

no UK fans brag about their team being better before they have seen them or anyone else play, based solely on recruiting #s.

I "brag", if that is an accurate description of explaining why we have the advantage in most matchups, about my team when I have seen them play and have seen other teams play and know that we are one of the favorites to win the national championship.