• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona vs. UNLV

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jan 4 UOFA 78, ASU 60.
If Savon Goodman steps up UOFA 65 ASU 62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is, UNLV wanted it more tonight. Our young bench players looked scared out of their minds when they were out there. Good learning experience for the whole team though. We'll bounce back.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jan 4 UOFA 78, ASU 60.
If Savon Goodman steps up UOFA 65 ASU 62

1 pointer. If you are going to troll, make sure your team is at least half decent.

Goodman lol.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda glad we lost heading into P12 play. Last year being 21-0 was not good for us at all, we almost started playing like we had "arrived" and that killed us. Even with losing Ashley, so I can't wait to see how we bounce back.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckn free throws. This game was the hardest game to watch in recent memory. I like how Rondae gets called for a foul when he gets elbowed in the face and then again on a clean block. Fuckn refs stole the game from him.

Yep both teams missed FT's, 9 for UNLV & 11 for Zona. I'd say the difference in the game was the Runnin' Rebels +13 rebounding advantage. And by the way...the refs didn't "steal" the game.:L One play didn't decide the game. Make your FT's, don't get outrebounded, hit more than 30.8% of 3's & the upset never happens.

U-N-L-V...GO/FIGHT/WIN!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game. I understand your frustrations.

You have known me now for 5+ years Fork. Feeling frustrations after a UofA loss are not my style, you know that.

I am happy that they lost. They have been on the brink for a month now, good for them to take an L. Film sessions with the coaches are far more impactful when pointing out the non-communication and mental breakdowns when the team goes home as losers.

I have said it 1000 times; The only thing that matters is that they are playing their best ball in March. If this loss helps them along that road then I am all for it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep both teams missed FT's, 9 for UNLV & 11 for Zona. I'd say the difference in the game was the Runnin' Rebels +13 rebounding advantage. And by the way...the refs didn't "steal" the game.:L One play didn't decide the game. Make your FT's, don't get outrebounded, hit more than 30.8% of 3's & the upset never happens.

U-N-L-V...GO/FIGHT/WIN!!!

You don't read so good do you? Nobody said the refs stole the game. The Rebels played very well and earned the W, full stop. They wanted it more... they won the game by getting to most of the 50/50 balls and on the offensive boards with 20 second-chance points. If Arizona takes care of their own defensive rebounds then they win.

What was said is that the refs stole the game from Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. There are always bad calls in every game, it is a part of basketball at every level, human error. When you play, you are taught to move on to the next one, refs make bad calls... it happens. He picked up two obvious bad calls when he fouled that guy's elbow with his chin and when he had a clean block and as a result he had to watch from the bench for the last 7 minutes. It's just too bad that both teams were not at full strength due to a couple of bad calls.

Regardless, it was a great game, despite being an ugly style. Coach Rice needed this one. He has been a good/great recruiter for the last few years but that has not translated into a lot of big wins. I personally hope that the Rebels get back to being a perennial top-10 team. The more top programs in the West, the better.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am local Vegas guy, have been a Rebels fan for many years. This was an unexpected win, and one of the biggest upsets for UNLV in probably 20 years. Its right up there with beating UNC when they were #1 a couple years ago. I think AZ was maybe looking past the rebs a bit, and there was some shady calls, bu there always is.

You guys will be fine the rest of the way, and i doubt this will end up being a loss that you cant recover from. Especially if the Rebels continue to get better. We have to travel to Kansas soon, which is terrifying. If we somehow pull that one off, it make this loss for you guys look better.

Good luck the rest of the way, and hope you guys continue to get better also. It only helps us both if both our teams end up getting better down the stretch.

Wildcat Fury

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this. He's given up over 20 points the last two games!! Very disappointed in his play, he gets WORKED on defense, worked worse than Gabe York. Truly shows how valuable Gordon was last year. With that said, the offensive tempo is what loses UA games. With the 11th tempo in the PAC, you're going to be in plenty close games. This is also why they just miss out in March. You can't play 6 games and hold off in a one-two possession game

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't read so good do you? Nobody said the refs stole the game. The Rebels played very well and earned the W, full stop. They wanted it more... they won the game by getting to most of the 50/50 balls and on the offensive boards with 20 second-chance points. If Arizona takes care of their own defensive rebounds then they win.

What was said is that the refs stole the game from Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. There are always bad calls in every game, it is a part of basketball at every level, human error. When you play, you are taught to move on to the next one, refs make bad calls... it happens. He picked up two obvious bad calls when he fouled that guy's elbow with his chin and when he had a clean block and as a result he had to watch from the bench for the last 7 minutes. It's just too bad that both teams were not at full strength due to a couple of bad calls.

Regardless, it was a great game, despite being an ugly style. Coach Rice needed this one. He has been a good/great recruiter for the last few years but that has not translated into a lot of big wins. I personally hope that the Rebels get back to being a perennial top-10 team. The more top programs in the West, the better.

Good luck the rest of the season.

You misread my comment, I wasn't talking about the Cats I was talking about an individual player. I would say you are the one w/ reading comprehension issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misread my comment, I wasn't talking about the Cats I was talking about an individual player. Since you have no clue what I am saying look @ comment # 14.Your reading comprehension sucks!

Clearly my grasp of the English language is not in question here. You said that people were blaming the loss on the refs and that one play does not decide the game... and decided that a facepalm emote was the best way for you to portray this sentiment.

For the third time; nobody is blaming the loss on the refs. We simply would have liked to have seen both squads at full strength in crunch time. The fact that Rondae (Arizona's best defender) fouled out with 7 minutes to go on 3 legit fouls and 2 ghost fouls is a shame. This is not to take anything away from the Rebels, they deserve the W, they played better basketball and were the better team last night.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu, act like you've been there before.

giphy.gif

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 pointer. If you are going to troll, make sure your team is at least half decent.

Goodman lol.

I am on this board more than most wildcats you duckbitch... so you fuckoff muthafucka

BTW love your forest woods floor, LOL. It gets me dizzy.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on this board more than most wildcats you duckbitch... so you fuckoff muthafucka

BTW love your forest woods floor, LOL. It gets me dizzy.

Being on a Zona board more than Zona fans doesn't make you any less of an idiotic troll...it makes you more of a disturbed idiotic troll.

And I am a Marquette basketball fan....my comment about Goodman stands. LOL.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being on a Zona board more than Zona fans doesn't make you any less of an idiotic troll...it makes you more of a disturbed idiotic troll.

And I am a Marquette basketball fan....my comment about Goodman stands. LOL.
Don't listen to the Taylor Kelly groupie. More than half of us on here don't even read his post since everything he says is more transparent than jahii Carson in crunch time.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody else here see that last 3 point shot by Ashley with 10 seconds left? The guy for the Rebles put his fingers through the rim and hit the ball off the rim. :lol: