• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona vs. UNLV

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here is our last non-conference game of the year. Hopefully we can get this win and keep our streak going. Similar to the UTEP game I expect this to be a closely contested hard fought game. Crowd will be one of the most difficult we face all year and louder than UTEP in my opinion. Offense needs to be effective in this one. Praying that we can make our damn free throws as well (There's a reason they are call "Free" throws).
I have Arizona winning 74-65. :suds:
Happy Holidays to all of you as well!!!

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't know a whole lot about UNLV these days but, I do remember them giving ARIZONA problems in the past.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN! :yahoo:

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Arizona is 1-7 against UNLV in Vegas so its been a struggle.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can drink beer at T&M so watchout wildcats. ASU took care of them the last two showdowns and one was at T&M, LOL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can drink beer at T&M so watchout wildcats. ASU took care of them the last two showdowns and one was at T&M, LOL.

Not only can you drink beer @ the T&M when I was a season ticket holder from 2006-07 to 2009-10 they also had a tequila bar. Only in Vegas!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, brandon Ashely's defense has been piss poor the last two games. What's up with him?

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up to here with the fucking free throws

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNLV bringing more intensity to this game. Need TJ to take over!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm can the camera guy go back to the santa chicks!!!! God damn!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A well earned loss. Tip your cap to the Rebels, they played inspired and hustled after every rebound and loose ball...

... and honestly, Arizona just gave that away with a ton of unforced turnovers. SJ and RHJ played well below their standards. Disappointing, but expected as the team has been very hot/cold this season through 13 games and it was inevitable that they would have a poor game on the same night that their opponent brought it.

A good teaching moment for coach Miller. Ristic, PJC were no-shows, the only guys who really played well(ish) were TJ, Tarc and Bash, the upperclassmen.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckn free throws. This game was the hardest game to watch in recent memory. I like how Rondae gets called for a foul when he gets elbowed in the face and then again on a clean block. Fuckn refs stole the game from him.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UOFA <ASU > UNLV
sorry just rubbing it in......Wildcats looked ugly...I cannot imagine #3
We did beat the Rebs in Vegas last year ya know (and I was THERE) and of course in Tempe!!!

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckn free throws. This game was the hardest game to watch in recent memory. I like how Rondae gets called for a foul when he gets elbowed in the face and then again on a clean block. Fuckn refs stole the game from him.

here comes the excuses.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here comes the excuses.

Fork, you are still having a bit of trouble telling the difference between excuses and facts.

Fact: Arizona shot FTs poorly
Fact: The game was ugly
Fact: Rondae did get called for a foul by taking an elbow to the face and another on a clean block. The refs did "steal the game from him" they fouled him out with a ton of time on the clock due to two bad fouls.

Notice that AZ-Dbacks didn't say the refs stole the game from Arizona... but from Rondae. Who knows, maybe he doesn't get those fouls, stays in the game and Arizona loses by 10. The outcome isn't the point... the fact that those were two obviously terrible calls is the point.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fork, you are still having a bit of trouble telling the difference between excuses and facts.

Fact: Arizona shot FTs poorly
Fact: The game was ugly
Fact: Rondae did get called for a foul by taking an elbow to the face and another on a clean block. The refs did "steal the game from him" they fouled him out with a ton of time on the clock due to two bad fouls.

Notice that AZ-Dbacks didn't say the refs stole the game from Arizona... but from Rondae. Who knows, maybe he doesn't get those fouls, stays in the game and Arizona loses by 10. The outcome isn't the point... the fact that those were two obviously terrible calls is the point.

I watched the game. I understand your frustrations.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is our offense.
It always has been
Defense is our staple and I get it but sometimes, like tonight, good offense just wins.
We don't have enough good offense. We won't win a title or reach a final four until we do.
Granted we had a lot of issues tonight but still to score 26 in a 2nd half when your coach clearly went off on you at the break with all the talent we have is a bit concerning.