• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona Cardinals @ Los Angeles Rams 01/01/2017, 4:30PM; FOX

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oline actually looks good with Mannion in there. Arizona must have their 3rd string in there!

Well look out 50, here comes Arizona

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just 1 season but he may never be ready. Some of his throws have looked really, really bad.

Wentz had his ups and down this season but he may be the better QB.
I agree...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Rams announced that Goff will not be the starter I was worried. With all of the picks the Rams spent on him suggested to me he was drafted to be a starting QB in his first season. Well we can see now why he didn't start the season. All we can hope for now is that he will be good with a better O-line and a new coach to work with him. If he is just another bust the Rams could be screwed for years.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Mannion throws a pick. Must be from rust but at least we know a glimpse of what we have.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of talk about Sean Payton possibly being on the outs with NO and the Rams are the topic of his next job....

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to the first half of the game. From seeing the final score, it looks typical of most Rams games. Offense can't do jack shit, defense keeps them in it for a while and then just waves the white flag. And they go 4-12 to end this miserable season. I don't think I can recall offhand seeing a more putrid offense, from the talent to the coordinator.
Two things I won't miss hearing again for a while is "PUNT" and "3 and out!"

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would Payton want to coach this piece of shit team let alone be apart of this piss poor shit for brains Franchise? No 1st round pick, no decent WR's, shitty TE's, no OL, an overrated DL which consists a star DT, an often hurt DE, 1 decent LB; and a weak ass secondary. Just not sure why he would chose this group over Denver?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would Payton want to coach this piece of shit team let alone be apart of this piss poor shit for brains Franchise? No 1st round pick, no decent WR's, shitty TE's, no OL, an overrated DL which consists a star DT, an often hurt DE, 1 decent LB; and a weak ass secondary. Just not sure why he would chose this group over Denver?

You ever hear of Johnny Hekker?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ-LA GRADES: BETHEL, SWEARINGER LEAD IMPRESSIVE DEFENSIVE EFFORT FOR CARDINALS
KIERNAN HOGAN11 MINS AGO

Arizona Cardinals 44, Los Angeles Rams 6

Here are the top-graded players and biggest takeaways from the Arizona’s 44-6 win over the Rams in Los Angeles.

team-header_arz.png

Quarterback grade: Carson Palmer, 73.8

Palmer efficient, but limits target depth

A final score of 44-6 in favor of the Cardinals should adequately describe the level of play required of their quarterback in this game. Arizona prides itself on utilizing a downfield-attacking passing approach, and yet Palmer completed one-of-three attempts of 10 yards or greater. Palmer did just enough to move the offense and secure the win.

Carson-Palmer-vs-Pressure.png

Top offensive grades:

C A.Q. Shipley, 81.6

LT John Wetzel, 79.6

LG Mike Iupati, 77.1

WR Larry Fitzgerald, 76.9

WR J.J. Nelson, 75.9

Offensive focal point injured early

RB David Johnson injured his knee during the first half and was replaced by a combination of Kerwynn Williams and Andre Ellington. With the scoreboard favoring the away team throughout, the duo was graced with 19 carries, and Williams easily displayed more with his touches. C A.Q. Shipley provided the game’s top run-blocking grade, helping Williams run for 60 yards on 12 carries.

Top defensive grades:

S D.J. Swearinger, 93.8

CB Justin Bethel, 91.2

LB Kevin Minter, 86.4

CB Harlan Miller, 85.5

LB Sio Moore, 84.9

Cardinals’ defense completely dominates Rams

Arizona’s defense earned well above-average team grades in run defense, pass rushing, and coverage as they thrashed Los Angeles’ offense. S D.J. Swearinger looks like a completely different player in a Cardinals uniform, and capped off a resurgent season with a career-best performance. Swearinger allowed two catches for 3 yards on three targets in coverage, had five defensive stops, and added a sack, hit, and two hurries on just six pass-rushes. OLBs Markus Golden and Chandler Jones and DE Calais Campbell each recorded two sacks, with Jones adding a forced fumble and a batted pass to earn a team-best 84.2 pass-rushing grade. CB Justin Bethel also had a career day, allowing just three catches for 13 yards on four targets, and returning an interception for a touchdown.

team-header_lam.png

Quarterback Grade: Jared Goff, 43.1

Goff struggles under constant pressure

Rams QB Jared Goff was under siege for the entire game, finding himself under pressure on 17 of his 27 dropbacks, and taking seven sacks. The terrible pass protection in front of him severely limited the rookie’s options in the passing game, and Goff attempted just three passes that traveled more than 10 yards. Goff earned below-average grades in all seven of his games this season, and would greatly benefit from an improved offensive line in 2017.

Jared-Goff-vs-pressure.png

Top offensive grades:

HB Todd Gurley, 63.8

RT Rodger Saffold, 61.9

RG Andrew Donnal, 50.6

WR Brian Quick, 46.0

WR Pharoh Cooper, 45.2

Rams’ offense implodes in blowout loss

The Rams will finish the 2016 season ranked 31st in our overall team offensive grading, earning below-average grades in every aspect of offensive football. Every single offensive player that saw meaningful snaps for Los Angeles earned a below-average grade in this game, with RG Jamon Brown (three sacks, one hurry allowed), TE Lance Kendricks (one dropped pass, one sack allowed, team-worst 28.8 run-blocking grade) and LT Greg Robinson (one sack, three hurries allowed) among the worst performers. Robinson will finish the season ranked 72nd of 76 qualifying NFL tackles in overall grading, and has been among the league’s lowest-graded tackles in both run blocking and pass protection in each of the past three seasons.

Top defensive grades:

ED William Hayes, 87.6

FS Maurice Alexander, 81.5

SS T.J. McDonald, 77.2

LCB Trumaine Johnson, 75.0

ED Morgan Fox, 73.8

William Hayes impresses in loss

It’s a shame, for edge rusher William Hayes’ sake, that the Rams were entirely destroyed in this game, as Hayes put together an excellent performance. In addition to two defensive stops, Hayes collected a sack, two hits, and six total pressures. However, a defense that allows 40-plus points is not likely to receive much in the way of positive feedback.

PFF Game-Ball Winner: Cardinals SS D.J. Swearinger

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I think about this complete disaster of season and the state of this pathetic franchise, I am proud and glad that C. Long will get a chance to get his first ring this year like Amendola getting his chance at a second one. Both those guys deserve it if it works out that way because they paid their dues on Rams teams that were just horrible. Good fortune to both of them!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I think about this complete disaster of season and the state of this pathetic franchise, I am proud and glad that C. Long will get a chance to get his first ring this year like Amendola getting his chance at a second one. Both those guys deserve it if it works out that way because they paid their dues on Rams teams that were just horrible. Good fortune to both of them!!

Except in order for that to happen Retro, Pats need to win another ring.

And as much as I'd like to see Long get a ring, I can't root for the Cheating Pats to get another ring.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to catch a single minute of this game. Looks like I avoided a dumpster fire.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except in order for that to happen Retro, Pats need to win another ring.

And as much as I'd like to see Long get a ring, I can't root for the Cheating Pats to get another ring.

:agree: .......Kudos to Long/Dola! I just cant stomach to watch Tom Brady win another SB! :mad2:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as this team goes, I cant see any kind of quick turn around any time soon! :mad2: With no draft picks and an ownership that just doesn't give a dam, we will always be below average at best. What coach/player in there right mind would want to come here?? After 48 years of rooting for this team, I'm actually thinking of jumping on the Eagle band wagon as of late..... Pretty sad! :L

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw this coming when they announced the trade up to #1 with the Titans. What kind of coach/gm goes into the offseason knowing that your offense is 31st in the league(in every category),does absolutely nothing to it, then gives up the farm for a rookie qb? I am no brain surgeon by any means, but you would think that they would have made some sort of improvements by adding a wide out or a guard or center. This team just does not understand what it takes to develop an offense! Now, this offseason, we are in worse shape that we have been in years! :L

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter mentioned the Rams are interested in Doug Marrone. Hopefully, that's just an interview to do the proverbial due diligence head coaching search. It should be Sean Payton or bust imo.