• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Argument: Why take Winston at 5

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins should take Winston at 5 if...

1) They think he's the BPA
2) They realize that in most cases, at the QB position size does matter in the NFL
3) They recognize RG3 will never, ever be a pocket passer
4) They understand that Winston will come with baggage, and have a plan in place to deal with it
5) They visualize Jameis leading this team for the next 10 years

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jameis "is lucky" to live in a country that has laws...laws who our forefathers died for, that actually "protected him"....not the Tallahassee PD.

Its funny you say this for I'm sure the girl that believes she was raped was hoping for protection from those same laws. Guess you can't make everyone happy.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny you say this for I'm sure the girl that believes she was raped was hoping for protection from those same laws. Guess you can't make everyone happy.

WOW!!!! Believing that a crime was committed when the facts don't support the allegations is exactly why there are laws here. You have a right to an opinion about any particular case, but to assume anything more than innocence says more about that person than anything connected to a particular case.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!!!! Believing that a crime was committed when the facts don't support the allegations is exactly why there are laws here. You have a right to an opinion about any particular case, but to assume anything more than innocence says more about that person than anything connected to a particular case.

WOW!!! Read what I wrote again, sty.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston will be the BPA if there at #5. If the oline is fixed in FA and they believe in Moses and Long Winston is a very possible pick at #5. I don't think Gruden is sold on any of our current QB's. Everyone is saying trade down but what if we cant trade down? what happens then? We should end this thread b/c no way Winston is going to be there at #5.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!!! Read what I wrote again, sty.

I did....and now twice, I just don't see where there is relevance in what she believes, nor do I see the protections afforded her as any more or less important than those afforded him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston will be the BPA if there at #5. If the oline is fixed in FA and they believe in Moses and Long Winston is a very possible pick at #5. I don't think Gruden is sold on any of our current QB's. Everyone is saying pending down but what if we cant trade down? what happens then? We should end this thread b/c no way Winston is going to be there at #5.

I honestly don't think that he'll fal to 5 either, however, if there is merit in wrongheaded thinking, I would not be surprised if he went undrafted. For all of you who are inclined to accept allegatons as having merit even though there are no pending charges, and no convictions, please get yourselves excusd from jury duties, and stay out of draft rooms.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did....and now twice, I just don't see where there is relevance in what she believes, nor do I see the protections afforded her as any more or less important than those afforded him.
First, where did I express an opinion on the case? Second, where did I state that one's protection is more important than another's? All I stated was an opinion of what I thought she expected. You projected what you wanted to out of that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, where did I express an opinion on the case? Second, where did I state that one's protection is more important than another's? All I stated was an opinion of what I thought she expected. You projected what you wanted to out of that.

Please read what you've just written and note where and how you've used the word "opinion. "

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My ex-wife's attorney thought "she" deserved more than half my shit, even though "she" was the one banging the neighbor.

I've said this before, if Jameis did this disgusting crime...he needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston will be the BPA if there at #5. If the oline is fixed in FA and they believe in Moses and Long Winston is a very possible pick at #5. I don't think Gruden is sold on any of our current QB's. Everyone is saying trade down but what if we cant trade down? what happens then? We should end this thread b/c no way Winston is going to be there at #5.

Moses likely wont even be off the PUP list before the season starts.

As for us taking Winston if he is there.... mistake. This kid is another head case waiting to happen. I dont care if Gruden isnt sold on any of our QBs currently. QB should not even be on the radar before day 3 of the draft for us.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here. While I have a right to an opinion on a case, at least wait until I express that opinion before you express bewilderment.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses likely wont even be off the PUP list before the season starts.

As for us taking Winston if he is there.... mistake. This kid is another head case waiting to happen. I dont care if Gruden isnt sold on any of our QBs currently. QB should not even be on the radar before day 3 of the draft for us.

Maybe so Shark. I'm not saying the Skins should take Jameis at #5, but the real question is...all assumption aside, is he not the most talented QB in the draft?

I've had the guts to say early on, talent wise our brother Jameis would be considered the Andrew Luck of the 2015 draft class if not for the fact that he is African American.

If he were white, and no charges of said allegations were ever filed against him...would this be even a topic? Of course he's been immature, but to assume guilt is another thing all together...to say he is a "head case" as it relates to how he acts on the football field...well, that couldn't be further from what is known as the real truth.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so Shark. I'm not saying the Skins should take Jameis at #5, but the real question is...all assumption aside, is he not the most talented QB in the draft?

I've had the guts to say early on, talent wise our brother Jameis would be considered the Andrew Luck of the 2015 draft class if not for the fact that he is African American.

If he were white, and no charges of said allegations were ever filed against him...would this be even a topic? Of course he's been immature, but to assume guilt is another thing all together...to say he is a "head case" as it relates to how he acts on the football field...well, that couldn't be further from what is known as the real truth.

But he's not white and there are allegations along with other issues. And sometimes the best QB in the draft still isn't worth a high pick. People overrate the QB position. They reach and fail every year. He's a turnover machine in college, what's he going to be in the NFL? Also, he has a pretty slow release. That won't fly in the NFL. He's going to get a GM and probably a head coach fired and if you want that to be your GM and head coach (and maybe you do) then root for drafting Jameis Winston.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Mitz, but him being Black has nothing to do with him being a head case and a serious failure waiting to happen. I live in Florida, so I get all the juicy details of his questionable character issues. And the fact is, we do have to deal with his antics off the field.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a diehard Skins fan, as well as Noles fan, I would have to say pass on Jameis. First of all, he comes with baggage. Lord knows, we have enough of that with our current QB. There seems to always be a story. Jameis also seems to have an attitude. I witnessed him arguing with Jimbo Fisher, during the playoff game against Oregon. Him and Jay Gruden would definitely bump heads. I do like his intangibles, especially his leadership. Players seem to rally around him. He's a clutch players. Some how, some way, he continuously rallied the Noles back on many games. He's a good pocket passer. Has a good arm and a decent runner. Still, we have a QB that we just drafted in 2012. We have gaping holes in our defense and OL. With that being said, I honestly believe we are not going to pick anyone at #5. I see us trading down. Perhaps, we might get someone to give us a kings ransom, like we did for RGIII in 2012. That would be just fine by me.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Mitz, but him being Black has nothing to do with him being a head case and a serious failure waiting to happen. I live in Florida, so I get all the juicy details of his questionable character issues. And the fact is, we do have to deal with his antics off the field.

Simple question Shark, and I sincerely respect your opinion...has Jameis been "a head case" on the football field?

Lord knows, I've been a die-hard fan of RG3 not only because of his special character off the field, but his unique skill set coming out of college. Still have great respect for RG3, and his integrity off the field. But I was misguided by his college talents and how they would translate to the NFL. I was wrong. Big, strong, solid arm, along with football IQ and pocket presence makes a successful NFL QB...most of the time.

RG3 did not do very well under severe conditions of media scrutiny, and it has affected his game. Jameis has the ability to block things out, and lead a team. So from that point of view, he's far from " a head case".

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question Shark, and I sincerely respect your opinion...has Jameis been "a head case" on the football field?

Lord knows, I've been a die-hard fan of RG3 not only because of his special character off the field, but his unique skill set coming out of college. Still have great respect for RG3, and his integrity off the field. But I was misguided by his college talents and how they would translate to the NFL. I was wrong. Big, strong, solid arm, along with football IQ and pocket presence makes a successful NFL QB...most of the time.

RG3 did not do very well under severe conditions of media scrutiny, and it has affected his game. Jameis has the ability to block things out, and lead a team. So from that point of view, he's far from " a head case".

Mitz... On field he might be as good as you say. But the big issue here is OFF Field. When you have some one who cant really control themselves in college, I dont think he will suddenly get BETTER when handed a few million in cash.

I just see him as another sexy over substance move right now. So if he is there at #5 I hope we either trade down, or just do the smart thing and take the O-lineman any way.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitz... On field he might be as good as you say. But the big issue here is OFF Field. When you have some one who cant really control themselves in college, I dont think he will suddenly get BETTER when handed a few million in cash.

I just see him as another sexy over substance move right now. So if he is there at #5 I hope we either trade down, or just do the smart thing and take the O-lineman any way.

My opinion Shark, is based on football ability alone. If his NFL On Field accomplishments over shadow his "OFF Field" stuff in college I'm good with that. And, if Jamies is lucky enough to have a career into his 40's like future NFL HOF QB Brett Farve...let's just hope Jameis doesn't do something he "can't really control" like HOF QB taking a selfie of his junk and sending it to...well, you know the rest of the story...or, would you like a pic?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion Shark, is based on football ability alone. If his NFL On Field accomplishments over shadow his "OFF Field" stuff in college I'm good with that. And, if Jamies is lucky enough to have a career into his 40's like future NFL HOF QB Brett Farve...let's just hope Jameis doesn't do something he "can't really control" like HOF QB taking a selfie of his junk and sending it to...well, you know the rest of the story...or, would you like a pic?

Sorry Mitz... I just happen to think the team has more pressing needs that taking a QB simply to once again provide HOPE to the owner and fanbase. And i think even if he is there at #5, it would be a big mistake for this team to take him. I believe in the need for a franchise QB. I just dont see that in Winston.