• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Argument: Why take Winston at 5

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one? They've been through 3 of them this year. If you are referring to jones, he is only a sophomore and isn't coming out.

I thought he was a freshman! So if he can be eligible next year and continues to ascend like he has, and keeps the weight under control, there will be plenty of teams looking at him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was a freshman! So if he can be eligible next year and continues to ascend like he has, and keeps the weight under control, there will be plenty of teams looking at him.

What's ironic is he may not even be their starting QB next year. He was 3rd string this year.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's ironic is he may not even be their starting QB next year. He was 3rd string this year.

I really like what I have seen so far from him. If he plays well tomorrow and is not the starter next year, I would not rule out a transfer.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am so sick and tired of race being used as some sort of crutch mitz . damn it big ben was white and they sure went after him didnt they ?

now the reason i call into question the "investigation " by the local police is the freaking federal govt has questions about it and their investigation isnt closed yet

winston could be innocent , the girl could be lying . he could be guilty and it simply couldnt be proved or the local police either bungled , or covered up evidences to protect the star on the national champion FSU team

as far as drafting the guy he has flaws in his game too . he turns the ball over quite a bit , he holds the ball too long as well and he has a maturity issue

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what I have seen so far from him. If he plays well tomorrow and is not the starter next year, I would not rule out a transfer.

Yeah, but then he has to sit out a year.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how the play of Marcus last night effects the draft. I always thought teams were crazy to consider him at the top, have they not been paying attention to what systems QBs do in the NFL. Now it looks like Winston may got first so this question is kind of moot.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one? They've been through 3 of them this year. If you are referring to jones, he is only a sophomore and isn't coming out.

Cardale Jones of Ohio State Buckeyes, Marcus Mariota of Oregon Ducks undecided over NFL draft - ESPN

Not necessarily correct. He is a redshirt sophomore & is eligible to enter the NFL draft & is actually pondering the decision right now (see above). I think it would be a mistake on his part. However - I could understand it since he may not be the starter for Ohio State. If he enters the draft he should only be taken in the mid rounds - certainly not worthy of a 1st round pick.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardale Jones of Ohio State Buckeyes, Marcus Mariota of Oregon Ducks undecided over NFL draft - ESPN

Not necessarily correct. He is a redshirt sophomore & is eligible to enter the NFL draft & is actually pondering the decision right now (see above). I think it would be a mistake on his part. However - I could understand it since he may not be the starter for Ohio State. If he enters the draft he should only be taken in the mid rounds - certainly not worthy of a 1st round pick.

Yup. Found this out after the fact. I also agree it would be a mistake to come out this year. If he can't beat out the other 2 in front of him, then he has no business entering the draft at this time. He's an intriguing prospect, but has really only played 4 games. no one in their right mind would take him before the 3rd round if he does come out. Just not enough tape on him.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering last night what this kid will do. It would be pretty hard to return to the bench after what he was just able to accomplish. But coming out now would be a disaster.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how the play of Marcus last night effects the draft. I always thought teams were crazy to consider him at the top, have they not been paying attention to what systems QBs do in the NFL. Now it looks like Winston may got first so this question is kind of moot.

I don't think that his play will have any effect on his draft status. As of this moment his best option is hoping that Philadelphia makes a move to get him earlier than at #20. There's a strong possibility that he drops to them naturally, but rest assured, the first QB coming off of the board will be Winston. I have believed this months ago and I still believe it.