• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you scared for saturday?

Huskers21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will get tons of LOLS and :L but think about it for a minute. Kansas state is in 2 weeks and were coming off of a big win. Do you think Nebraska might be over looking South Dakota state to much. I am not saying there going to win but do you think they will put up a fight?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also.....Bo has addressed this already today.

Lest you think Nebraska might start this week flat after a resounding victory Saturday, and with an FCS opponent up next, the Huskers actually practiced very well Monday, head coach Bo Pelini said.

"I thought we had real good tempo," he said. "I like the way they came out. It was a good, good practice."

Seventh-ranked Nebraska (3-0) takes on South Dakota State (0-2) at 6 p.m. Saturday at Memorial Stadium.

Pelini brushes off the notion of a potential letdown.

"The way we go about things, it doesn't matter who we play," the coach said. "That's the next opponent on our schedule. They're the next team we play, and we're playing. Let's roll. We have to get better this week."

Pelini was asked if Nebraska will be playing FCS teams in the future.

"Some I-AA schools obviously have beaten some I-A schools, but that's not something I'm real big on," he said.

On the injury front, Pelini said sophomore linebacker Will Compton (foot) remains "weeks" from returning to full speed. He suffered his injury two days before the Sept. 4 opener.

"He's walking around. He's doing better. I'm not exactly sure -- however long it takes a bone to heal," Pelini said. "He's ahead of schedule, I think. Time will tell."

Meanwhile, Marcel Jones said Monday he hopes to be able to play by the time conference play begins next month.

Jones, a junior projected to start at RT, hasn’t played this season because of soreness in his lower back.

Dating to last season, Jones has missed six straight games. An ankle injury sidelined him the final three games of 2009 after he’d started 11 games at right tackle.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm scared that due to a night game I will again get overly intoxicated, not be able to drive home, have to go into work for a 12 hour shift the next day, and spend the entire shift trying to remember what the fuck happened.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will probably be more...if I take a camera. Opening weekend I woke up with my shorts torn to the point they looked like a kilt and felt like I spent 10 minutes in the octogon with Brock Lesnar....no idea what happened besides NU won.

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NU could play the third team on both sides of the ball and still kill these guys. This is a awful game that never should have been scheduled.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm more of the following Saturday when the Huskers don't play and I'm forced to watch some other football game.

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No mascot puts more fear into an apposing team than a rabbit.

Huskers21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember Jacksonville state, James madison. I am just saying it COULD happen.

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember Jacksonville state, James madison. I am just saying it COULD happen.

James Madison and Jacksonville State are ranked 3rd and 4th, and are constantly top 25 teams every year. James Madison even won a national title not too long ago. South Dakota State on the other hand is the Western Kentucky of FCS and is 0-2 vs. FCS this year.

The talent level is just too far off, but I guess anything is possible. Though I wonder if the odds of me winning the powerball this weekend are a little better than SDSU coming away with a win. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerFan8807

HUGE member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i just put this in another thread...
SDSU went 8-4 last year
have had the same coach for 14 years with and 80-63 record
He will have his boys ready to play,
they wont win but that will probably look good for a quarter!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can manage to score at least 5 TD's this weekend, we will have matched the total offensive output from last year, and were only 3 games in