• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are The Injuries Higher Than Normal This Season?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just wondering if it was me or are the number of injuries are higher than normal this season. If they are could they be linked to the fact that teams are playing at a higher speed which is leading to exposure to more injuries. Stands to reason if everything is moving faster - it's going to be tougher to avoid collisions, twisting knees and etc.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it is just getting more attention because more top players are suffering significant injuries

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players aren't using PED's as much as in the past. More injuries is the result.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP, are you referring to pace? or players are physically moving faster than ever before?

I do have a theory that PEDs will lead to more injuries (despite actually aiding greatly in recovering from injuries) because muscles will out grow tendons, bones and cartilage causing limbs to move faster and be torqued harder than the supporting structures allow.

If you are referring to pace or whether teams are running plays faster I would google that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP, are you referring to pace? or players are physically moving faster than ever before?

I do have a theory that PEDs will lead to more injuries (despite actually aiding greatly in recovering from injuries) because muscles will out grow tendons, bones and cartilage causing limbs to move faster and be torqued harder than the supporting structures allow.

If you are referring to pace or whether teams are running plays faster I would google that.

What I am referring to is that the game itself is more of a fastbreak speed where the teams run faster and shoot quicker. This is especially the case for the mediocre teams that make up for not playing defense by trying to get to the basket in lets say 7 seconds instead of the 10 or 11 seconds that used to occur. If players are running faster than they used to - then wouldn't that increase the injuries. PED's if being used could have an affect though because eventually a person's body might start to fall apart from being used

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember where I read it, but the injuries aren't more frequent. It's just coincidence that its happened to a few very high profile guys so it gets way more coverage.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember where I read it, but the injuries aren't more frequent. It's just coincidence that its happened to a few very high profile guys so it gets way more coverage.

Definitely more hi profile players getting injured -imo

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am referring to is that the game itself is more of a fastbreak speed where the teams run faster and shoot quicker. This is especially the case for the mediocre teams that make up for not playing defense by trying to get to the basket in lets say 7 seconds instead of the 10 or 11 seconds that used to occur. If players are running faster than they used to - then wouldn't that increase the injuries. PED's if being used could have an affect though because eventually a person's body might start to fall apart from being used

Google is going to be your friend here, google average time per possession by team and also see if you can see historical data.

The coincidence could be that what separates the high profile players from every body else is the PEDs.