• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Cubs hypocrites?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday night at the Cubs game, the PA system played a song after Chapman walked off the field after the ninth inning.

The song was "Smack My Bitch Up" by Prodigy.

The employee responsible was fired, and the Cubs issued this statement:
''We apologize for the irresponsible music selection during our game last night. The selection of this track showed a lack of judgment and sensitivity to an important issue. We have terminated our relationship with the employee responsible for making the selection and will be implementing stronger controls to review and approve music before public broadcast during our games."

Now, there's two things going on here. Yeah, the song is inappropriate. There are MANY songs that are played at sporting events that should probably be reconsidered. So i don't question their decision to fire the DJ for a lack of judgment, because the person probably knew exactly what they were doing.

But the team employs Chapman, a man who was accused of domestic violence and served a suspension for part of the year related to this episode. Does continuing to employ him constitute "lack of judgment and sensitivity to an important issue?" Or is it all good cause he paid his fine?

Yeah, I'm stirring shit up. It's been a slow week.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the DJ was left handed and had a 104mph fastball, he would still be employed.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the DJ was left handed and had a 104mph fastball, he would still be employed.
If dirt bags werent allowed to play sports we wouldnt have any sports werth watching :suds:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday night at the Cubs game, the PA system played a song after Chapman walked off the field after the ninth inning.

The song was "Smack My Bitch Up" by Prodigy.

The employee responsible was fired, and the Cubs issued this statement:

Now, there's two things going on here. Yeah, the song is inappropriate. There are MANY songs that are played at sporting events that should probably be reconsidered. So i don't question their decision to fire the DJ for a lack of judgment, because the person probably knew exactly what they were doing.

But the team employs Chapman, a man who was accused of domestic violence and served a suspension for part of the year related to this episode. Does continuing to employ him constitute "lack of judgment and sensitivity to an important issue?" Or is it all good cause he paid his fine?

Yeah, I'm stirring shit up. It's been a slow week.
Honestly? Yes. But if you throw 103 you're going to get more chances. Same way in any sport. Ray Rice would have a job right now if he could still play. He cant. So he doesnt

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ugi Urbina Hadnt finished his career in a Venezuelan prison, his Intro song would be Diesel Power.

I hope the guy that played Smack My Bitch Up regrets nothing. That's awesome.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: