• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Chargers cursed?

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season: Brandon Oliver, torn achilles, gone for the year. Stevie Johnson, torn ACL, gone for the year.

Week 1: Keenan Allen, torn ACL, gone for the year.

Week 2: Danny Woodhead, torn ACL, gone for the year. Jahleel Addae, broken clavicle, gone 6 weeks.

Week 3: Manti Te'o, torn achilles, gone for the year.

Week 4: Jason Verrett, torn ACL, gone for the year.

Joey Bosa, yet to play.

Chargers 0-2 when leading by 13+ in the 4th quarter. Rest of NFL 25-0.

It's gone beyond heartbreaking into downright funny. I actually envy Browns fans. At least they can get the #1 pick again.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season: Brandon Oliver, torn achilles, gone for the year. Stevie Johnson, torn ACL, gone for the year.

Week 2: Danny Woodhead, torn ACL, gone for the year. Jahleel Addae, broken clavicle, gone 6 weeks.

Joey Bosa, yet to play.

It's gone beyond heartbreaking into downright funny. I actually envy Browns fans. At least they can get the #1 pick again.
Seems more an more football is as much about health as anything.
As a fan...condolences

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joey Bosa, yet to play.

Maybe Rivers should throw more passes to Benjamin. The guy is incredibly fast.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know its bad when even some of us Bronco fans feel bad for you guys on the coast. This has been a few years in a row now of injuries really derailing what looks like a pretty decent team.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess it's too much to ask for your boys to take care of the Raiders in Oakland this weekend? Doesn't hurt to ask, does it? Pretty please.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joey Bosa, yet to play.

No, but I sympathize with their situation having gone thru a similar one last with the Ravens...I actually picked them to make a run this yr, but the injuries are damaging....Still early, Rivers is as good as any so if some guys step up, he can still get it done...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Chargers are cursed, not just with injuries but having to deal with horrible ownership and going from Norv to gutless McCoy as head coach. This season has looked especially bad with a key starter going down each week to go with blowing 2 13+ point 4th quarter leads. To think what this team could have been if they were mostly healthy throughout the season and knew how to finish 4th quarters, but it doesn't matter because they aren't that team. All I'm hoping for now is that they find a way to stay in San Diego, it'll make the shit storm they're in easier to handle.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess it's too much to ask for your boys to take care of the Raiders in Oakland this weekend? Doesn't hurt to ask, does it? Pretty please.
As long as the Chargers don't have a 2 TD lead in the 4th quarter, they have a chance.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is my hope as well! Will actually be cheering for the Chargers for once.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, knew Keenan Allen was out, didn't realize all those other guys were.

Well this IS the draft you want a high pick. Tons of talent in this class.

WTF hasn't Bosa played? Are they just grooming him or is he not progressing? I was still shocked they took him over Ramsey and Stanley.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF hasn't Bosa played? Are they just grooming him or is he not progressing? I was still shocked they took him over Ramsey and Stanley.

Bosa supposedly has a bad injury. Not enough to IR him as they expect him at some point in the next few weeks but it has kept him from practicing but maybe a couple of practices so far. This is the issue when players miss so much time in training camp is they just can't step in day 1 and play at a high level.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Bad coaching blows the leads.

The injuries are unfortunate because some of them are key. But it really comes down to lack of talent and depth. Key players on the Chargers may not be as key on a more talented roster.

klbynes500

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joey Bosa, yet to play.

This is a very, sad day for Chargers fans. Jason Verrett impact is immense to the Chargers' defense. Playing in the post-season--The San Diego Chargers--relied much of the presence of Jason Verrett. Unfortunately, The Chargers may have to think about a top-5 or top-10 draft choice, and ponder the thought of Mike McCoy as The Chargers' Head Coach. Injuries of some of The Chargers' canons--all season-ending injuries--has a major impact, too.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries suck ... NO way around it, nothing weakens a team more than injuries...

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division game, anything is possible. But it will take a subpar effort from the Raiders for that to happen. We'll see.

Don't hold your breath though.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bosa may play Sunday, but it will be limited if at all.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joey Bosa, yet to play.

I blame Te'o's GF!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division game, anything is possible. But it will take a subpar effort from the Raiders for that to happen. We'll see.

Don't hold your breath though.

Well they do struggle actually more at home than on the road in recent history. They went 3-5 last year with only 1 of those wins even being by more than a touchdown and then lost the only home game they have played so far this year. So 3-6 at home over last season and the start of this year.