• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

APR Football Scores

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest ranked Big12 school would be 8th in the SEC.

Is this APR or BCS rankings?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:....We'll take it you sorry bastards. Duke is competitive finally. And nobody stole a friggin' crab leg either.:laugh3:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:....We'll take it you sorry bastards. Duke is competitive finally. And nobody stole a friggin' crab leg either.:laugh3:

Let's Fix that phrase.

The sun shined on a dog's ass 1 year. Which does happen every once in a great while. Or we can use this one.

A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

To be competitive it has to be more than 1 year in 50.

Make all the crab jokes you like. Still not winning shit douggie. :suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's Fix that phrase.

The sun shined on a dog's ass 1 year. Which does happen every once in a great while. Or we can use this one.

Blind Squirrel approves this message

Blindsquirrel(16).jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford #1 in Pac12, not shocking.
-
APR has 0 to do with the quality of eduction. One could make the argument that high APR is more likely to indicate a less demanding work load. Your APR will soar if you establish a rocks for jocks program. If you send them to nuclear physics, it is probably going to get ugly fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest ranked Big12 school would be 8th in the SEC.

Is this APR or BCS rankings?

SEC has a great APR, because you need academic accountability to have a poor APR.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC has a great APR, because you need academic accountability to have a poor APR.

Thats one way to look at it.

Another would be that some of the schools in the SEC have decided to make a concerned effort(I know one school that has) to ensuring its students are taking the classes designated under its degree programs and passing them all, or they dont play.

Love how when a school is supposedly full of dumb jocks and they show signs of life, its the school giving them easy classes to take...even without proof of said statement.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are four year rolling averages.
So, I think its a bit more important to pay attention to trending.

My school, TEXAS actually just recorded its first 1000 perfect score for the most recent year.
And it pulled off the rare double-double as Mens Basketball also nailed a 1000 score.

So, I expect the next four year average to significantly improve.

I don't know if these thing have any merit or value whatsoever, but they are interesting enough for the offseason.

NCAA investigation imminent.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to Codaxxxxxxxxx or however many stupid fucking x's you wish to have in your name: You say that APR scores have to do with self accountability? Show me where this is true.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm surprised that UNC is so low...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to Codaxxxxxxxxx or however many stupid fucking x's you wish to have in your name: You say that APR scores have to do with self accountability? Show me where this is true.
-

show me where it is not true. APR is just another BS stat used to appease the masses.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats one way to look at it.

Another would be that some of the schools in the SEC have decided to make a concerned effort(I know one school that has) to ensuring its students are taking the classes designated under its degree programs and passing them all, or they dont play.

Love how when a school is supposedly full of dumb jocks and they show signs of life, its the school giving them easy classes to take...even without proof of said statement.

Duke has a 3 year sociology major. It was a news story a few years ago, about the high rate of basketball players in that particular major. If Duke does it, can you imagine other schools. Or perhaps Duke does it, because of their normal education.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke has a 3 year sociology major. It was a news story a few years ago, about the high rate of basketball players in that particular major. If Duke does it, can you imagine other schools. Or perhaps Duke does it, because of their normal education.

I know that in order to get into Duke you have to meet some pretty high criteria in the first place.

What is funny is every college, University has to meet a certain criteria for accreditation and it has to be documented or they can lose that very valuable accreditation. The degree program you speak of has been checked out by this accreditation board and certified it to be legitimate or it would not be offered.

Can they sneak in classes occasionally, yes. Can they get away with it for long periods of time, No.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that in order to get into Duke you have to meet some pretty high criteria in the first place.

What is funny is every college, University has to meet a certain criteria for accreditation and it has to be documented or they can lose that very valuable accreditation. The degree program you speak of has been checked out by this accreditation board and certified it to be legitimate or it would not be offered.

Can they sneak in classes occasionally, yes. Can they get away with it for long periods of time, No.
-
Hmm. How many football players could attend their University if they were not players? Take a look at the average SAT scores of incoming football players vs normal students. Once you do that you will realize that almost every school in FBS brings in under-qualified students to play football. It is a fact. OU was in the news recently for pushing kids to meaningless degrees. You can believe whatever helps you sleep at night. I just prefer reality.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletes Show Huge Gaps in SAT Scores - US News

Some highlights:

• Football players average 220 points lower on the SAT than their classmates. Men's basketball was 227 points lower.

• University of Florida won the prize for biggest gap between football players and the student body, with players scoring 346 points lower than their peers.

• Georgia Tech had the nation's best average SAT score for football players, 1028 of a possible 1600, and best average high school GPA, 3.39 of a possible 4.0. But because its student body is apparently very smart, Tech's football players still scored 315 SAT points lower than their classmates.

• UCLA, which has won more NCAA championships in all sports than any other school, had the biggest gap between the average SAT scores of athletes in all sports and its overall student body, at 247 points.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's Fix that phrase.

Duke has won 13 National Titles in Athletics. The same amount as FSU. I guess FSU "ain't winning shit either".

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Hmm. How many football players could attend their University if they were not players? Take a look at the average SAT scores of incoming football players vs normal students. Once you do that you will realize that almost every school in FBS brings in under-qualified students to play football. It is a fact. OU was in the news recently for pushing kids to meaningless degrees. You can believe whatever helps you sleep at night. I just prefer reality.

I never stated a thing about SAT scores or any such nonsense that you seem to feel i was talking about. I stated things about the accreditation issues of the University system and the fact a ruling body issues a certificate of accreditation to each University stating they have reviewed the curriculum and found it to meet their guidelines for said accreditation.

And just because a football players average SAT is lower does not mean they are not getting a quality education at the University once they get there, it just means they are having to put in extra time studying or getting tutoring to improve their ability to learn the material. You clearly are mistaking a persons SAT(I hate testing and that was one I found completely useless) scores with the quality of education they are getting once they get into a school. Yes football players might not otherwise be allowed to attend a University if they were not just that, but does that deny they have the ability to adapt and overcome once they are there? That is the real question and one i am sure you will find a news article that has the answer for me.