• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP suspended til April 15

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A future dallas cowboy. The murray/peterson 2 headed monster

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid I got the belt and razor strap to the backside. I my behavior straightened out. This suspension is a joke. A little discipline is a good thing.

my kids got the belt too .. now they are responsible human beings with morals and scruples and familys of their own ..

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell hasn't had a clue since the Ray Rice affair. He's afraid of losing his job over doling out meaningful punishment. He needs to hire somebody to do all that for him and take a step back.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell hasn't had a clue since the Ray Rice affair. He's afraid of losing his job over doling out meaningful punishment. He needs to hire somebody to do all that for him and take a step back.

Maybe he doesn't want to be a "walk around Commissioner". :pound:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD goes to Dallas I'm calling it now. SB champs in 2015.

What if jerry jones planned all this shit? :think:

They did have that conversation and jerry jones said, we will see if we can make that happen.

When Adrian Peterson and Jerry Jones had that conversation earlier Adrian Peterson already knew he was about to get charged and figured he probably get suspended and he probably told Jerry Jones about it and Jerry Jones was like okay you know what I'll talk with the league and we'll see what we can do about you know getting you out of your contract. boom

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both. For someone you want to rehabilitate, you don't take away one of the things that provides stability in their life and expect great outcomes. If the NFL really "cared" about Peterson (laughable), they would've set forth a plan to allow for him to be on the field, while also going through the "prescribed" counseling, with safety valves in place that could open the door to further suspension.

However, his glib comments immediately following the shedding of light on this, coupled with his arrogance and defiance (thanks NFLPA) - The NFL had no option but to suspend him.

If there is one arrogant individual/institution involved in this it is the NFL, and Goodell in particular. They behave as if they are above the law, pretty much demi-gods. No difference between them and the worst the NCAA has pulled (including, as it appears, their dealing with Penn State). More and more they are becoming as corrupt an organisation there is, on par with FIFA, the ICU (under Verbruggen during the Armstrong years) and the IOC. In its current form, the NFL is no better a kangaroo court with consistent arbitrary punishments with no regards for proper procedure, as bad as any kangaroo court in the history of mankind.

And frankly I applaud Peterson and the NFLPA for not going along with the BS kangaroo court SportsHoopla the NFL tried to pull...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) What brings you to that conclusion?

2) Brent was negligent while AP didn't accidentally bloody his four year old.

This is such BS.

He chose to drink, and chose to drive.

Period.

Sasquatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
spacer.gif

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents and both sets of grandparents whipped me with belts, switches, fly swatters, etc. whenever I got out of line. I've never been to jail, have a family, $200k house, and make over $50k a year. Let's compare that to some uppitty little shit that was never disciplined as a child. This country has gone to hell in a hand basket since this liberalism shit became popular.

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally, am very happy with this ruling.

If you dont know better than to beat a 4 year old bloody while stuffing leaves in his mouth to keep him from screaming you deserve the punishment you get.

Public outrage was a good thing in this instance.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such BS.

He chose to drink, and chose to drive.

Period.

What Brent did was stupid and negligent, however, he did not mean to kill his friend. AP meant to beat his child.

Hate to wax all lib on you folks but those of you who were beaten with switches should not have been. Sure, you turned out fine but more reasonable, firmly applied consequences would have had the same beneficial impact upon your behavior and subsequent decision making.

I'm fine with a paddle on the butt but once the shock value of getting spanked wears off and it takes real pain for it to be effective, it's time to stop. My high schooler got a few spanks growing up but I never felt the need to wield a weapon upon him.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy disciplined his kid the only way he knew how ... public out rage fueled this .. it doesnt matter what the legal system thinks anymore .. what counts is the court of public opinion .. its shame what this country is becoming

Adrian Peterson abused his child. Ignorance is not an excuse.

BTW...the NFL has every right to protect it's image and yes...that has everything to do with the court of public opinion.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a case of make it up as you go. In my opinion the 10 weeks or whatever he's already missed is enough. The punishment for Ray rice is supposed to be 4 or 6 games not a full year.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe AP should be allowed to play based on him already missing 2/3 of the season but that is secondary to my real beef. The fine system is bizarre. The fine should always be a pre-determined number and not based on game checks because then it isn't equitable anymore. If two players commit the exact same offense and one has to pay 10x more than the other that seems patently unfair to me. For example: Lets say Russel Wilson and Adrian Peterson both got suspended for the exact same crime and the suspension was 6 games, AP would lose 6 games and $4.4 million whereas RW would lose 6 games and only pay $248K. This doesn't happen in the real world court system and it shouldn't happen here either.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point @ dkmightyhammer

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe AP should be allowed to play based on him already missing 2/3 of the season but that is secondary to my real beef. The fine system is bizarre. The fine should always be a pre-determined number and not based on game checks because then it isn't equitable anymore. If two players commit the exact same offense and one has to pay 10x more than the other that seems patently unfair to me. For example: Lets say Russel Wilson and Adrian Peterson both got suspended for the exact same crime and the suspension was 6 games, AP would lose 6 games and $4.4 million whereas RW would lose 6 games and only pay $248K. This doesn't happen in the real world court system and it shouldn't happen here either.

This isn't the justice system though. This is private industry. If you and I both work for the same company, you make $300k a year, and I make $50k, if we are suspended for 6 months without pay, then I lose $25k while you lose $150k.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the justice system though. This is private industry. If you and I both work for the same company, you make $300k a year, and I make $50k, if we are suspended for 6 months without pay, then I lose $25k while you lose $150k.

Unless he went insane with his money and his child support payments are off the charts I'm sure AP will be fine financially.